• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When you first started your island, did you reset for a specific airport colour, starter villager, native fruit etc?

Did you reset for anything specific when you first started your island?

• Yes

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
If so, how many resets did it take you until you finally got an island with everything you wanted, or until you gave up and settled?

If you got what you wanted, are you still happy with your choice(s), or do you wish you had chosen differently?

I wasn’t too picky about my island’s fundamentals. All I wanted was peaches as my native fruit, and for my resident services to not be too close to my airport. It took me about 5-7 resets until I got peaches and an island map with a decent amount of distance between resident services and the airport. I was honestly expecting to have to reset for longer, so I was pleasantly surprised that it took me less than 10 tries!

Nearly 4 years later, and I’m still happy with having peaches as my native fruit. However, I wish I had chosen a different island map. I overestimated how much space was between my airport and resident services, and there really isn’t much space at all. I’ve really struggled with designing an island entrance that I like as a result. A part of me is tempted to reset now that I have a better idea of what I want in an island map, but I can’t bear the thought of saying goodbye to my day 1 island, or all of the progress and memories associated with it. 🥲

What about you? Feel free to talk about past islands as well, or multiple islands if you have more than one!

yup! i really wanted oranges as my native fruit and an orange port! i was somewhat glad that new horizons didn't have a grass type :^P
i'm happy with my choices still! although if i went back in time, i'd consider the opening of the oceans ... or whatever it's called.. at the time i didn't have an idea for any type of map so i didn't really care but now i would've considered where the rivers open and where town hall is. (kind of wish mine was more center to the airport)
but... the time it took to get oranges as my native fruit and an orange port... it took... if i remember correctly, 3hours? it took a ridiculously long time for what i wanted lol

i reset for my sibling's island (peaches & yellow port) and it took less than 10 tries :^D

For my first island I wasn’t going to be too picky . I don’t remember how long it took to find it. I really wanted the pier on the left and the peninsula on the right. This is something I want for all islands. For some reason I didn’t really give airport color much thought. I do wish it was the blue airport instead of yellow but I have now gotten used to it. I did want apples but settled for oranges. As soon as I saw my starting villagers were Flo and Buck that made the decision for me. This island I will always have. I have now reset my second island 3 times.

I bought a second switch so I could have a second island and was more picky with this one. I did get a green airport and oranges as my native fruit. When I reset
this island I wanted R.S in the middle of the island, blue airport , apples and my pier on the left peninsula on the right. The island I just restarted I wanted a similar island to the last which I got. My airport color is yellow and my fruit is apples. The only requirement I wanted for this last one was about my pier and peninsula.

No reset, I went with what the game gave me: peaches, green airport not too close to resident services. At first I wasn't too happy with the colors of stuff that came with the green airport but I can now change those with Cyrus. (new player here). I just changed my face to have the same one I had in New Leaf (that I didn't choose either then lol)

I still don't know what I want to do with that island, for the moment it's just messy. My house is way too close of resident services, I will change it later once I know what I'm doing.

Nope I just took what I got the first time I loaded the game up. I sort of like that particular element of randomness when starting a new game. My NH island has pears and the blue airport. I do wish you could move resident services and/or the airport though. Mine are off by at least 1 space from where I'd ideally like them to be.
I remember my staring villagers were Charlise and Kody. I don't care for either bear, so I moved them out as soon as I could. Also, starting villager houses are ugly so I didn't see a point in resetting for a dreamie as a starting villager.

I didn't save my first play because it was late and I was getting tired. So I went to bed and started again the next day. There weren't any intentional resets besides being sleepy. I just picked one of the four island choices and have stayed with that since launch.

I immediately started resetting for for a villager, airport color, and fruit. I did get the villager and airport color I wanted, not the fruit though. I was particularly fussy with the town hall location thinking there would be more of a multiplayer aspect to the game. Still disappointed we didn't have much multiplayer with the increased amount of visitors we were allowed vs NL.

If so, how many resets did it take you until you finally got an island with everything you wanted, or until you gave up and settled?

If you got what you wanted, are you still happy with your choice(s), or do you wish you had chosen differently?

I wasn’t too picky about my island’s fundamentals. All I wanted was peaches as my native fruit, and for my resident services to not be too close to my airport. It took me about 5-7 resets until I got peaches and an island map with a decent amount of distance between resident services and the airport. I was honestly expecting to have to reset for longer, so I was pleasantly surprised that it took me less than 10 tries!

Nearly 4 years later, and I’m still happy with having peaches as my native fruit. However, I wish I had chosen a different island map. I overestimated how much space was between my airport and resident services, and there really isn’t much space at all. I’ve really struggled with designing an island entrance that I like as a result. A part of me is tempted to reset now that I have a better idea of what I want in an island map, but I can’t bear the thought of saying goodbye to my day 1 island, or all of the progress and memories associated with it. 🥲

What about you? Feel free to talk about past islands as well, or multiple islands if you have more than one!
It took 4 resets and I got the green airport that I wanted and a villager that I loved (Teddy!) I really was hoping to get peaches for my fruit but I just couldn’t reset again after getting 2 wins already. I ended up with apples for my fruit which is my second favorite so I’m extremely satisfied overall!

yup, when I reset my most recent island earlier this month, I reset for a red/orange airport, since it goes with my planned theme ^^

Back when I got NH in March 19th, 2020 I went ahead to restart only for Sprocket and Mira, I eventually did of course while having my native fruit be Cherries.

When it came to everything else, I just winged it as it was a whole new experience, I didn't know what I was expecting.
I went ahead and restarted several times until I decided to finally stop in November 2021, which when I restarted that time, I was only hoping for a far away Resident Services and of course, Apples as my native fruit. I don't even remember what my starting villagers and native flower is anymore.

I really wanted a blue airport and oranges as my native fruit. I didn’t care for anything else. Villagers can change. Airport colors and native fruits cannot. Out of some miracle, I had both on my first try. Would I have reset if I didn’t get them? Probably not, because I was very eager to play. I still chose “No” for the poll, but that is only due to things falling in my favor.

AFAIK I did both times - I reset until I got cherries and the orange airport on my first island, when the game first came out, but obviously didn't know we wouldn't be able to move things. Ended up being unhappy because my airport and RS were one tile off from being aligned, so after a month or two, I started over and reset until I had cherries, an orange airport, and my RS and airport perfectly aligned.

I am learning a lot reading your posts. First off, I had no idea there were different color airports. I had to go into the game to see mine, and it is green.

I had zero knowledge of the game when I started so I just took what the game gave me. Knowing what I know a little over a year later, I probably still wouldn't reset. I kind of enjoy working with what I am given.

For my main island all i wanted was a green airport and pears and for my second island i wanted the airport to be lined up with residence services, it took me forever to get.

Oh I have for sure. Specially for the plaza location and the river mouths. For my main island I didn’t give the plaza too much of a thought but after touring a lot of dream addresses I quite like it when they are far back, I think it gives more freedom to make an interesting entrance to the town. This time I made a town on my brothers switch I reset sooo many times to get a good plaza placement with rivermouths up front. I pulled up a guide with all possible maps until I got a good one. I also thought I didn’t care about airport color, but then I got the blue one. At first I thought it clashed too much with nature but in the end I really like it, it fits the coastal town theme.

My last 3 islands I wanted apples, roses, and blue airport. The first time I tried took a ridiculously long time. The last couple islands only took a few hours each, and I'm happy with my choices.

I just went with what was given to me. I didn't have a favorite fruit or airport color at that point.

I ended up with the red-orange airport, pears and double south rivers. It was a slightly difficult map but I like challenges and it worked out in the end.

Back