• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When you first started your island, did you reset for a specific airport colour, starter villager, native fruit etc?

Did you reset for anything specific when you first started your island?

• Yes

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 44.6%
  • Other?

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
I didn't do any resets as I was fine with my starter villagers (Bud and Mira), and peaches. I usually just cycle out the fruits into either an orchard, or a apple/pear island. I slightly wish I would have reset for a better Resident Services location, but at the time I wasn't really thinking about that. If/when I get an OLED and start a second island, I'll likely reset for a green airport with an ideal resident services location.

i didn't do resets for my first playthrough. i wanted to just let things go naturally and it was really fun!

i did reset a few times when i started my second playthrough though. mostly i just wanted terrain that aligned with what i wanted to create.

I was really picky 🙈 I wanted:

- Peaches
- Yellow airport
- Large peninsula to put my house on
- The peninsula to be at the top of the map
- A specific map layout
- Private beach on the right
- No rocks in the ocean
- Large rocks with rock pools
- The shorter pier (it just looks cute)

I managed to get all of that but it took a while 😅

I was brand new to the series and I had no idea resetting was a thing people did and it honestly never occurred to me to do so.

Luckily I got the orange airport, and I love orange. Pears wouldn’t have been, but honestly, at this point I can’t really imagine my island any other way, and ditto for the layout.

I love my island and it’s kind of like a little virtual home, so I wouldn’t change a thing in retrospect.

Nope, I didn't reset my island at all. I never felt the need to have any specific fruit, airport color, villagers, island setup, and so forth. I just picked an island layout I vibed with out of my original 4 choices and went from there, lol.

The first time I tried took a ridiculously long time. The last couple islands only took a few hours each
So... if "only" a few hours (which to me would be a ridiculous amount of time) is short, what is a "ridiculous long time" to you?

I never reset my towns / islands in Animal Crossing games. The temptation is there to get a certain color building or whatever but I think its more fun for me to naturally be surprised whenever I play the games for the first time! I believe I ended up getting an orange airport in New Horizons.

I remember I rerolled once and it was only because the first island I chose had oranges and I had my heart set on either cherries or pears as my island's native fruit. Second try I got cherries (plus a green airport which I had been hoping for), and I was so amped to play that I didn't consider if there was anything else I might have wanted to reroll for.

Never been too picky on villagers, so I don't think I would have rerolled because of any sisterly or jock villagers. And I didn't know about islands having a native flower at the time, so I was happy when I discovered they were roses.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't have a long criteria list. If for some reason I reset my island, I know I definitely would be rerolling more than once.

Nope, even though I did have urges to reset my island before, because my green airport didn't match the colors of the blue Dodo Airlines service.

I did reset my island, but only because I realised too late that I spelt the name I wanted to give it wrong. 😅

My reset did lead to me having my favourite jock villager as one of the starters, though, so it worked out!

I didnot reset my island. Even for my previous island I did not reset. My current island has a green airport and the native fruit is pears. I like the colour green and I like pears so it was fine by me. My pier is on the right side which is better because I planned that the right would be my orchard and my left side would be villager houses and the community park.

This is actually the first Animal Crossing game that I am still on my first town. In games past, I have resetted my town for various reasons, but I’m happy with having an orange airport, cherries as the island fruit, and dock on the eastern part of the island. And if the layout doesn’t satisfy me, I can terraform the island at any time.

Noooo!!! But I really wish I had. I share the island, so I can't reset it, either.

I'm pretty happy with the colors of things, but one thing really (really) bothers me. My resident services is close to the airport, but also off-kilter from the airport. It's awful. I'm always renovating the island entrance, and it always looks wrong. Because it's just the wrong amount of off-center, and so close...lol. Everything else is great, though.

i reset for days to try to get a blue airport, a decent plaza placement, and fruit that wasn't pears or oranges. and now i haven't played for years oops (though i wanna start up again once school's out)

There has been countless threads about this topic.. I still can't believe the administration wouldn't let me have a villager fashion show thread.

But yes I wanted residents services lined up perfectly and I settled for one off after reseting probably almost a thousand times it took me like a week and a half and I also wanted airport yellow to match my lite

no resetting for me, I just went with what was given to me. I kinda like it that way, no stress worrying about this and that and trying to make everything perfect. just enjoying the randomness. I started out with Agnes and Axel as my sisterly and jock. I like Agnes and Axel was alright, but I didn’t keep them around long after I received their framed photos. I got the green airport which was fine by me since trading for the other variant items wasn’t that difficult had I decided I wanted a different color. my native fruit was oranges which is definitely not the best looking of the bunch but again it was easy to get all the other fruits for my island so it was fine by me and I like to eat oranges in real life soooo lol. my resident services also wasn’t in a bad area, could be better but not bad.

I've had two islands, though my first one only lasted about 2-3 months. If I recall, I was just resetting for a fruit that wasn't pears (sorry to the pear lovers out there), and I believe a resident services that wasn't too close to the airport. I don't think it took that many resets to get. 🤔

For my second island (aka my current island), I think it took about 2-3 hours of resetting to finally get the map I wanted because I had more requirements and some were rather specific. I still didn't want pears as a native fruit, or for my resident services to be close to the airport, but the main thing I was looking for was one of the bigger peninsulas because there was a build I was inspired by that I wanted to do (the irony in this is that I no longer like that build lol). My last island also had a river mouth on the right side, so I specifically wanted a river mouth on the left to switch things up. I can't remember the specifics either, but I recall wanting the peninsula in a specific place too, I think just not too far back and sort of in the middle-ish? Anyways, all of those requirements combined together made it pretty hard for rng to give me what I wanted. I ended up getting most of what I wanted, the only thing I lost on was that my island's native fruit is sadly native fruit. 😅

I did. I reset multiple times because I wanted oranges, blue airport and blue sea plane. Plus, I was picky about my map. I think I reset because of my starting villagers too. 😅

Nope. I don't really care about starter fruit, or the colors of things.

I'm glad my starter was Pears though. It tends to be my starter fruit.

In my first island I didn't reset for anything, but in my current one I reset until I got a jock villager I liked (I was originally going to reset until I got Flip, but I decided I was more than okay with Kid Cat syo I kept him).

Back