• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the hardest part of your island that you decorated?

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Bells
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
Rotating Fool's Egg
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I didn’t really decorate much around the island to say what the hardest part of my island was to decorate with, it’s only 20% done, but I think I’m going to go with the entrance to resident services. There was so many ways I could have decorated around it with so little space I had between the bottom part of the resident services, my road and the airport entrance in my citycore themed island, but in the end I decided on a small garden. I could improve on it but I like the way it looks right now.

If I ever have the motivation to work around my island a bit more, I could then say what my most difficult part of my island was to decorate around.

I’d love to hear your difficult island decorating projects you’ve worked on.

On my current renovation of StarGlow, the waterfall statue in the center. I had to grow the flowers and place the nova lamps on three layers of elevation, while keeping the waterfall island separate from the rest of the island.

The hardest part of designing an area of my island was the main entrance. I am constantly renovating the island after I make an area cause I decided I hate it after.

I love my island entrance and haven’t change it since. It’s has so many water displays and greenery everywhere I love it.

I think it was my sailor's bar. I really liked the restaurant/cafe builds I saw on Twitter, but they were just fake building fronts and nothing more. I know that alone can work but for this amount of space I had on my island, it had to be more than a front. I created a restaurant build with an "interior" part.

F0xxcftaIAoxEWY.jpg

So I had to think in non-tangible ways of how much space I needed. Luckily the Sketch App helped me a lot to get the rough size down. However, I had to think of extra space for terraforming cliffs. Then on top of that, it was an expensive build and the 5 orderable item limit was so annoying and I was TTing so much. It was a fun nightmare.
FZoNgJgVsAAYxCY.jpg

The most difficult was my amusement park area, and it has also become my least favorite area! The more simple parts of my island are much more satisfying to me.

My island is still pretty new, so the hardest part so far (and it wasn't exactly hard tbh) was setting up the first 3 villager homes.

The hardest part I’ve decorated? It was definitely the hockey rink, but I was super proud of it afterwards. Someone made the patterns for me and I displayed them. It took a while to get the placement of everything perfect, though.

I can never find the motivation or creative energy to decorate my beaches. I usually end up making them look like normal beaches, with maybe some wavebreakers, some weeds and that's it 🤣

Can I say it's those parts which are still undecorated? When I have the general idea it somehow goes, but I still have some troublesome areas that I don't know what to do with.

Back