• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have any natural areas on your island? (un-terraformed)

Yes, the cliffs are usually reserved for nature. I also have a dense forest of regular trees near the plaza. Right now I have a massive orchard with all of the fruits that I am thinking of shrinking a little. I do try to cut back the weeds because they can go crazy. In terms of terraforming, also yes. I rarely terraform and when I do its because I want to make things look neat or aesthetically pleasing. I made one of my lakes bigger because I thought it was too small. I also put a pine bonsai in the middle of one of the lakes to give it a zen touch.

This is most of my island because I hate terraforming. I terraformed a little bit in a couple of areas and that's it.

Nope, I flattened my island and I don't regret doing it. My island is a citycore so I had to have flattened it all, then again I flattened my island way before I committed my island to becoming a citycore island in the first place. Glad I prepped for that before I started!

Yes, majority of my current island is unterraformed!! It's the challenge I set for myself when I restarted my game, I realized so much of my time has gone to planning my island as a whole that I tend to get so burned out just by thinking about the map 😭 The theme of my current island is something like "overgrown city" so literally the mess is part of the aesthetic.

1713794394746.png

This is my current map! The colored area are the areas I've pretty much finished decorating. I've terraformed a bit here and there but nothing absolutely major, except for the river at the northern most part which I had to revamp to make room for a stairway downwards to Redd's docking area. I know there was one other area I terraformed quite a bit, but this was back when my island was so new that I didn't have a theme yet, and there was a decorating event that made me mindlessly chip away at a cliff area for some picture. It's not super noticeable on the map, and I didn't really re-terraform that area after the TBT event, I just left it chipped away and worked with whatever was left.

1713794209493.png

Even the rocks, I refused to break 😅 as you can see here, I ended up leaving one rock in the middle of the road and another behind the caged bar to the right.

1713794264809.png

I have also not moved any of the villager houses since plopping them down!! Here are two of the starting houses hehe. Definitely tried working around their weird placement.

Overall, I'm having fun with decorating! I edit the island a little bit here and there, but again nothing too major. I really want to keep this map layout and not worry too much about terraforming <3

I think some of my river and cliffs stayed the same? I'm not positive and I'm not sure I'd actively have a way to check...

I mean on a technical level there's probably some spots here and there

but on a practical level? not a chance. that ship has long since sailed since I first decided to level the entire thing

The northern part of my island has the river untouched for the most part, I messed around with the exact layout but the general distribution of cliffs/elevation is p much the same as it originally was! If I ever get back into playing tho I might either do some major remodeling or restart a new island 🤔

quite a bit has been terraformed. some stuff i've terraformed such as the river shape that is around an island bit on my map and the pond by my house have been there from the beginning, i've just changed up the width/shape up a bit !

This made me go back and see if I had any pics of my starting map. Not to my surprise, 90% of the layout is the same :) I've done terraforming but most of them are small changes. I'm not good at coming up with cool waterscaping or lots of cliffs that seem seamless 😭

Back