• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have any natural areas on your island? (un-terraformed)

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Bells
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Lily
White Lily
I feel like most of us have terraformed, but I'm genuinely curious if there's anyone who has managed to keep any natural parts of their island? ๐Ÿค” Whether that's a river/part of a river, a pond, cliffs, etc. I was going back through my old screenshots recently and found old screenshots of my og map, and it made me realize that I actually kept an og pond near my airport! I can't notice anything else that I managed to keep untouched from the screenshots and clips I found, but something about having an og pond makes me happy. Like I still have a part of the beginning map, even though so much has changed. ๐Ÿฅบ

i think at one point in the beginning i did want to keep some of my original map in tact but when you get too focused with reshaping the islandโ€ฆ you tend to forget!

maybe in my next iteration of my island iโ€™ll try to find an earlier screenshot of my map and see if i can include some elements of it back again :0(

I agree with kirako! I think in early editions of my island i kept together a bunch of aspects of my original island, or i was trying to keep a bit of it to show where it came from, but the more I keep changing the layout of my island iโ€™ve lost a lot of those aspects.

I recently removed an island that i tried to keep from my original layout, but then readded a smaller one close by, so maybe its a little bit of an homage

I have never done any terraforming on my island except to move a pond or modify a river slightly, so most of it looks similar to what it was back then, minus all the furniture and plants I added to get that 5-star rating. Besides, terraforming seems like tedious work for me.

Most of my island hasn't been terraformed at all, the only terraforming I've done was to reroute a portion of my river to allow more room to decorate on the North side, and reshaping a cliff to make a ramp fit better. Otherwise, I've found terraforming to be far too tedious for me to want to deal with.

Yeah I don't really have anything natural anymore. I did for the most part keep the original cliff land mass at the top of my map but I heavily shaped it, so I wouldn't even call that untouched.

Nothing. Nothing at all is natural/original. I've terrorized terraformed the entire island, several times over. Every square inch of it. Was it improvement? Haha, no....

But the next time I flatten it, I might look at some old pics and restore some natural areas that originally worked well. Maybe.

I have only terraformed a river once so I can put down a new bridge. The rest of my island is the way I started it with. Granted I haven't been playing for years like many of you, but most of my island is still "wilderness". I have mostly focused on cramming as much as I can into my main area between/around the airport and resident services.

I enjoy the untouched parts of my island. It feels like leaving the city and going into nature.

Yeah most parts are the same as they were when I found the island. I did terraform a lot, but tried to "respect" the original layout and landscape as much as possible! Because I liked the idea of building a town around nature, not through nature.
I added some ponds, small waterfalls around my main park, some small rivers, an extra mountain behind my campsite, a mountain to see the ocean view, made a little valley, and added/trimmed some spaces in the mountains to create for my house, flowergarden, etc

Its still sounds like a lot of terraforming :p but you can still see most of the original layout. I did add a lot of roads tho :p

20240310_133744.jpg

20240310_134310.jpg

I used to have non terraformed areas on my island when I first started playing as I couldn't get the terraforming to look good.

The majority of my island is non-terraformed.

Took long enough to unlock it and then I get used to the look and liked everything.

Most of my Island is untouched by terraforming. I only flattened a small part of my Island to create a fruit orchard.

For a long time I tried to keep an area of my island untouched. Eventually I did end up completely customizing it, but I tried to keep it more natural looking, as a way to keep that original idea alive. I did not terraform that area at all still. Most of my island is pretty geographically close to how it started actually, I only really used terraforming sparingly.

on my first island i left quite a bit of the original terrain. i'm doing the same on my second island but i still go in and detail out certain areas. i'm too lazy to do major terraforming but little tweaks here and there are fun. it's also fun to work with the challenge of the existing terrain.

Iโ€™ve only terraformed small areas, and slightly adjusted cliffs/rivers to fit inclines/bridges. I always worry Iโ€™m gonna ruin everything and hate my island. Whenever I do terraform, I take screenshots of the original layout from all angles so I can just change it back if it goes wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚

No haha. I've flattened and redone my island at least 3 times that I can remember. If I ever had a second island or restarted, I think I wouldn't terraform and just work with what map I got. I think it would be fun, and I kind of regret terraforming anyways.

Yes! Whole island is non-terraformed and I'm looking to keep it this way, minus smoothing out the river a bit for bridges

Back