• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon What’s your favourite Pokemon?

vaporeon, flareon and jolteon are all tied for my favorite, followed by leafeon, glaceon and galarian rapidash! other notable favorites would be persian, thievul, the litten line, mightyena, sneasler and mudsdale. i also have a little soft spot for torchic's line because it was my first ever pokemon.

I have three favorites and a horrible inability to make decisions. My favorites are Cacturne, Gourgeist, and Escavalier.

- Before X & Y released, Cacnea felt like the closest thing to a jack-o'-lantern in the series, especially since its shiny is orange, so I latched onto it. Then Cacnea evolves into Cacturne, whose design evokes the idea of a scarecrow, and I thought that was really neat. Cacturne has really great attacking stats and some good moves, but it also unfortunately has awful survivability due to its low Speed and non-existent HP, Defense, and Special Defense. Regardless, I still think it's cool.

- Then X & Y came along and brought us Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist and I obviously loved them. Pumpkaboo's got that cute cat face and the little wings, then it evolves into Gourgeist with that full-on jack-o'-lantern as its body, absolutely delightful. I also love how they have four different sizes in Small, Average, Large, and Super, and they all have their own stat spreads. The only thing keeping Gourgeist from beating out Cacturne is that Gourgeist's movepool is awful; it has barely any good physical attacking moves to take advantage of its good Attack stat, it has a ton of options for special attacking moves with a terrible Special Attack stat of 58, and thus you're pretty limited in terms of options for using it. Basically just useful for Support, but even then it's pretty limited and predictable. I've always been disappointed that it doesn't have access to Shadow Claw since that would be an actually good physical Ghost-type attack, and if it actually got that then it'd definitely beat out Cacturne. Alas.

- As for Escavalier, I'm fond of the aesthetic of knights and armor so I think Escavalier's armor and jousting lances are really cool. Awfully slow, but that can be remedied or worked around in some ways, it has nice stats otherwise and its Bug/Steel typing means it's only weak to Fire-types. Escavalier's definitely my favorite to actually use out of these three.

If I had to choose just one of them then, having written it out here, the obvious choice is probably Escavalier. I prefer Gourgiest aesthetically since it's the Halloween Pokémon, but I just don't enjoy using it as much.

Honorable mentions for Rowlet (precious borb), Blacephalon (I like clowns and it's really cool type-wise and conceptually with the bomb head), Palossand (cool typing and I love the concept and design), and Malamar (overall just neat).

Passimian or Chespin. Patiently waiting for the day where we get a new chesnaught form
Post automatically merged:

Oh and cyndaquil cause it was my first starter

3e8b1d1966f8c13840c82446b56f95a5.jpg

Eevee has been my fave since I first started playing the games years ago, as well as the Eeveelutions - particularly Vaporeon and Sylveon.
Special mentions though to Bulbasaur (my original starter), Spheal (adorable and round) and all the dinosaur inspired Pokemon (everyone I know irl knows me as a bit dino obsessed) - mostly Amaura and Meganium.

Aegislash

s7T6T8X.png

Its been my favourite mon ever since its introduction in Gen 6. It has a really nice typing in Steel/Ghost but it really just looks cool. Its not just a sword pokemon but also a sword mon thats also a knight! Its a really cool concept and I like how it evolves from a single blade to duel blades and finally a blade with a shield. Designs for it and its pre-evos were well done and they fit the Kalos region very well too. Its shiny form is one of my all time favourites.

My favorite Pokemon is Jirachi. It's been that way for many years. I don't know if it has anything to do with my star obsession because I don't believe I had the obsession yet or noticed Jirachi's head resembles one all those years ago, but it certainly helps me with keeping it my favorite.
jirachi.png

My favorite is Umbreon, but I also really like Sylveon! Their shiny forms are especially nice to me. Some other honorable mentions are Bellossom, Snorlax, Rowlet, and Galarian Ponyta~

My favorite Pokemon is Lucario, and has been ever since I started the series with generation four. It's also kind of ironic considering the trainer on Iron Island, Riley, is named after me, and he has a Lucario. Lol.

Contrary to what some others think, I was also super stoked when it got a mega evolution. It just has such a versatile moveset and I love using it to this day (I have two shiny Lucarios in my Pokemon Scarlet file, in fact).

pIcJQC4.jpg

Back