• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What’s your favourite Disney movie?

Disneyfangirl23

💫 Biggest Disney Fan 💫
Bells
Island
Disney
Isabelle
Blue Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Red Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Leif
Apple (Fruit)
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Hi, I’m curious what’s everyone’s favourite Disney movie? I lots of Disney films!

Last edited:
I don't think I can pick an absolute favorite Disney film, but some of my favorites are Toy Stories 1 and 2, Cars, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas, Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas, Inside Out, Toy Story 3, Zootopia, Wreck It Ralph, Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Incredibles 2, and Big Hero 6.

Every film I mentioned before Inside Out were all childhood films I grew up with, and I remember watching these when I was little, while I have seen all of the others at least once or twice.

I still have yet to see Toy Story 4, Cars 2 and 3, and Finding Dory, but I really do want to someday.

The Black Cauldron, even if I know that's a pretty unpopular one.

I also love The Lion King, Aladdin, The Return of Jafar, Zootopia, Wreck-it Ralph, Pinocchio and Lilo & Stitch. If we're including Pixar, then Toy Story (the trilogy - a 4th movie? Nope, not in my headcanon) and Monsters Inc.

The Little Mermaid, I was obsessed with it when I was a kid and it still holds a special place in my heart. The Princess and the Frog, I love the music and story and also how Tiana is the first black princess! As a black girl it made me so happy as a kid :giggle:. And Fantasia 2000, I know it's not as liked but I also loved it as a kid and the music selection is superb, especially Rhapsody in Blue! Just amazing! Also the Emperors New Groove and Tangled too!

My favourites are Lilo & Stitch, Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch, Tangled, Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella III: A Twist in Time, and The Princess and the Frog! I honestly can’t choose just one favourite out of all of them, I love them all so much. 🥹

Lilo & Stitch quickly became one of my all-time favourite movies and comfort movies the first time that I saw it. I watched it on repeat for weeks after that first time, I loved it so much. I would watch it a couple of times during the day, and it’d be what I fell asleep watching every night. I alternated between it and the sequel once I watched it as well, they were my favourite movies for the longest time. Stitch is still my favourite Disney character now, and I don’t hesitate to buy any Stitch merch that I find and like. Lilo & Stitch is so special to me, it never fails to simultaneously warm my heart, break it, and then make me laugh. If I had to choose just one favourite Disney movie, it would most likely be Lilo & Stitch, just because of how important it is to me.

The Little Mermaid is so precious to me as well! It was my first ever comfort movie, and I used to watch the entire trilogy all of the time. I was a very imaginative kid, and during the scene in the 3rd movie where Marina Del Rey and Benjamin attempt to wake up Ariel and her sisters, I would often pretend I was a mermaid as well and that they were also trying to wake me up. 🤣 It was very silly lol, but I still love those movies with all my heart! Ariel is still my favourite Disney princess as well.

I was fixated on Frozen for a couple of years after I first saw it, to the point that my first username on here was actually a homage to it! I loved the story and the songs so much, and it is still so precious to me that Elsa’s love for Anna was what saved her in the end, instead of Hans or Kristoff doing it. i was so used to seeing princes saving the princesses, that seeing a sister do it was so groundbreaking for younger me, haha. The reveal that Hans was the villain also shook me to my core. Like, “Oh, Anna, if only there was someone out there who loved you“ was crazyyyyy. 😭

Tangled was just an all-around cinematically and visually beautiful movie! All of the characters were funny and interesting, and the interactions between them were so entertaining to watch! I ofc especially loved the interactions between Rapunzel and Flynn Rider/Eugene, but Flynn and Maximus were so funny together (and even funnier once Rapunzel got involved) as well. There wasn’t a single boring moment in the entire movie, it had me hooked from start to finish! Still one of Disney’s best movies and soundtracks imo, and one of my absolute favourites.

I normally don’t like sequels more than the first movie, but I honestly think I like Cinderella III: A Twist in Time more than the original. It was slightly redundant at times, but the character development that Anastasia went through, Prince Charming actually having a personality, and getting to see Lady Tremaine and Drizella get what they deserve again made up for that. I loved seeing a sort of friendship bloom between Cinderella and Anastasia, and I cannot stress enough just how funny Prince Charming was. He was so iconic, LOL.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen The Princess and the Frog, but the warm vibes and atmosphere of it still stick with me. All of the characters (minus Dr. Facilier ofc) were so likeable, I loved their personalities so much and how even though they all thought and acted differently, they all added something special to each other’s lives. Dr. Facilier‘s death scene is still the only Disney movie villain death that genuinely disturbed me, so it gets bonus points for that as well. The music and the atmosphere was so creepy. 🤣 Beautiful movie and soundtrack, but I still think it’s ridiculous that it took until 2009 for there to be a black Disney princess.

Sorry for writing so much LMAO, I just wanted to say a little bit or a lot about all of my favourites. 😅

EDIT: if Pixar counts, then Inside Out is another favourite of mine! I love how colourful it is, and how likeable each character is, even the representations of emotions that I personally hate feeling and expressing (fear, anger, and sadness). Bing Bong’s death still devastates me, though. The reality that all of our imaginary friends have met the same fate, fading away until they aren’t even a distant memory anymore, is so. 🥹 I’m worried that the sequel will be redundant, but I’m still excited!

Last edited:
Probably Lion King and Lion King 2: Simbas Pride. I really liked the stories and music of both. Probably the only ones I'd still watch as an adult. As a child I really liked Hercules when it came out and it got me into Greek and Roman myths. From the Pixar side, I really like the Toy Story triology and Coco. I really loved Coco when it came out and saw it multiple times in theatres.

I'm not a Disney person, but I appreciate a few things:

- I love the song Hellfire from their animated version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- I also enjoy the song Friends on the Other Side from The Princess and the Frog.

As far as full movies go, I have sentimental attachment to Moana since my best friend and I went to see it together as one of the things we did when we first met up in real life after knowing each other online for years. I also came to appreciate A Goofy Movie from another friend group and I remember really liking the art style of Sleeping Beauty when I saw it years and years ago.

Disney live action: The Parent Trap(1961) Honorable mention: Midnight Madness(1980),20,000 Leagues Under The Sea(1954),The Santa Clause(2004) and Tron(1982)

Disney animated: Beauty and the Beast(1991) Honorable mention: Tangled(2010),Wreck-It Ralph(2012) and Zootopia(2016)

Pixar: The Incredibles(2004) Honorable mention: Toy Story 2(1999),Wall-E(2008) and Monsters Inc.(2001)

I still see Disney and Pixar as separate entities even though Disney owns Pixar.

Last edited:
I do really love Disney, way too many to pick from tbh

-Frozen 1 & 2,
-Wreck it Ralph 1 & 2 (More so two)
-Pirates of the Caribbean 1
-Cars 1 & 3
-Treasure Planet
-Moana
-Orginal Lion King
-Inside Out (Orginally Sasha's movie choice)
-CGI Jungle Book
-Tangled
-Strange World
-Elementals
-Zootopia
-Aristocats

Probably my top favorites. But there are probably others too.

Last edited:
I don't think I can pick an absolute favorite Disney film,
Yeah it's kind of hard to narrow it down to just one. That's like asking me my all time favorite movie. I might pick Back to the Future, but honestly that's not always the case. It really depends on my mood. It could be that one day and I might in the mood for a different movie or theme that BTTF doesn't have.

I like a lot of the Pixar movies. The Good Dinosaur and Ratatouille being the weakest links. I would say Ratatouille beats TGD and I have watched it a few times on occasion if it was on tv or something whereas I have only watched the other movie once.

Wreck it Ralph is a very good movie to. Ralph Breaks the Internet should've never happened. If you need to butcher a character to send your message maybe don't do it?

Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Caribbean are also good. It's kind of hard to pick any of those because they all have a different tone and theme to them and fill their role quite well.

It has always been The Lion King, hands down. Which is even my favourite movie of all time, as well. My other favourite disney movies are:

The Little Mermaid
Pocahontas
Hercules
Beauty & the Beast
Aladdin

Basically, the renaissance lol!!

It's always been The Mighty Ducks for obvious reasons. The inner hockey fan in me won't allow me to pick anything else. The Lion King is good, too. I haven't seen very many Disney movies so that makes it hard to choose.

Wreck it Ralph and Inside Out for sure. Tangled is up there too, I really like alot of the music from that!

i've always considered mulan my all time favourite, mostly because of the nostalgia. i really love moana and coco as well though

I was essentially raised on a collection of Disney VHS tapes, haha, so I hold a lot of nostalgic love in my heart for most of the classics. That's always made it hard to pick a definitive favorite of the bunch. The art in Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and all of their early fairytale films is so stunning, beautiful, and creatively stylized-- I prefer it to their CG films if I'm being so honest and I wish they'd shock everyone someday and return to their roots. They'd probably consider that way too much of a risk these days... but with their current trajectory, they really ought to try and shake things up. I also miss the presence of iconic villains and villain songs. There's a lot I admire and miss about those past films, I could put any of them on and enjoy myself. They're what got me interested in art, musicals and storytelling as a kid, so I appreciate them for that!

I love learning fun facts about their earliest films, too. Like the fact that Snow White's rosy red cheeks were made with actual blush by one of the female animators! In general, the groundbreaking history surrounding Snow White specifically fascinates me.

As for picking favorites... I'd say if I want to watch a movie where I'm fully engaged with the story from beginning to end, I'd say Hercules, Mulan and Beauty and the Beast are my top three. (Knowing what went on behind the scenes making Beauty in the Beast in particular made my appreciation for the film grow stronger, honestly.) Cinderella, The Black Cauldron and A Goofy Movie are also some of my nostalgic standouts.

If I had to categorize:
Disney - Mulan, Frozen, Princess and the Frog, Cinderella, and Alice in Wonderland
Pixar- Coco, Up, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Toy Story 1 and 2 (Especially 2), and Luca

Back