• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's shorts weather to you?

What's shorts weather to you? Pick the lowest temp you consider comfortable to wear shorts regularly

• Total voters
I’m very sensitive to warm/hot temperatures, and am very hot temperature-wise pretty much all of the time, so pretty much any temp that isn’t outright freezing or cold is shorts weather to me LOL

But typically once temps are around or above 15°C/60°F, I’ll start bringing out my shorts and short-sleeved shirts!

Never and I will also moan and nope that I’m too hot but I don’t need people seeing my ugly legs

It depends on the weather itself outside, like if it's windy or rainy but typically through the summer and fall 50 F can be good enough for me! I love wearing shorts but I've been switching between long and short pants in the house recently even though it's higher than 50 F inside, not sure why but I get cold really easily lately, hands and feet especially.

This is on my mind because where I live, we're getting our first 60F+ days this weekend, and I was thinking about whether I'll bring out the shorts or not to celebrate! Winter is over, finally! Good riddance.

Justin....... are you not Canadian...... why are you giving in to using Fahrenheit..... we are better than this pls.

Anyways no weather is shorts weather to me because I hate wearing them!!! I stop wearing tights with my skirts and dresses though probably around 15-20 degrees (that's Celsius for u Justin)

Justin....... are you not Canadian...... why are you giving in to using Fahrenheit..... we are better than this pls.

Anyways no weather is shorts weather to me because I hate wearing them!!! I stop wearing tights with my skirts and dresses though probably around 15-20 degrees (that's Celsius for u Justin)
I am a fake Canadian, I prefer Fahrenheit, come at me!!

it’s also easier to just use F online for all the americans

I don't tend to wear shorts as I don't like to expose my legs much (often too lazy to shave them ). However, when it comes to weather I consider shorts weather, that can depend.

If it's sunny and stale air, 40s and 50s can be shorts weather. However, typically I consider the 60s.

I do wear shorts around the house and to take my dogs outside. For the short amount of time I'm out there, I typically won't put something warmer on unless it's below freezing. lol

This is on my mind because where I live, we're getting our first 60F+ days this weekend, and I was thinking about whether I'll bring out the shorts or not to celebrate! Winter is over, finally! Good riddance.

WHAT. Like, only just now you're seeing 60s??? I'm so jealous. The 60s never left where I live. I know the south doesn't have real winters or anything, but they've gotten especially pathetic lately. We had like one week of winter in January and that was it. The trees are all green now, and it's not even Spring per the calendar. Pathetic.

I need to move where you are. I'm envious. =P

I am a fake Canadian, I prefer Fahrenheit, come at me!!

it’s also easier to just use F online for all the americans

Americans always catered to first... even by fellow Canadians 😔

do u rly prefer Fahrenheit it doesnt make sense!!!

it needs to be really warm or hot for me to wear shorts, with no breeze 😵‍💫 if my legs get cold it usually makes my stomach hurt

I love wearing shorts, so anything around 5°C or above is easily shorts weather for me, though I'll wear them even when it's as low at 0°C. I enjoy the freedom that comes with wearing shorts and feeling the air on my legs, no matter how cold. Really, if it wasn't for risk of getting frostbite like instantly, I wouldn't mind wearing shorts outside even if it was well below freezing. 😅

Right around the 65 degree zone. Brought out my short-alls for our nice sunny weather today.

I’m happy to wear shorts in whatever weather, my legs don’t get nearly as cold as my arms, but I went with 13C as it doesn’t often get too much colder than that here. But I know plenty of people who will still wear pants and jackets or cardigans at temperatures over 30C

maybe 15-18 degrees?? right now i can't remember how warm that feels but i'll go with that. jorts are so slay and i adore them

I don’t ever wear shorts so I’m not an expert, but I’d say anywhere from 20°C and up?

Most of the year, I like wearing shorts in winter too! I should probably become a postman as they rarely wear long trousers 😅

In the spring here in Canada, I have worn shorts as early as 1-2C. But that is not the temperature I consider I “regularly” wear shorts. To me, that is 15C. Any higher and I will overheat just walking around.

I don’t really like shorts, but I thought about when I’ll wear a dress without tights; that’s definitely a better comparison for me. Part of it is that it’s hard to find a pair of shorts that I think looks good. I run a little cold, so it needs to be 75F and warm and sunny (or humid), or it needs to be closer to 80F/27C when I’m in California which is more of a dry climate.

But when I was traveling in Vietnam this summer, no matter what the temperature (and it is always HOT in Vietnam. It’s Hot or Hotter! When I was there it was almost always at least or around 30C, sometimes I was lucky at night if it would be down to 27C), I would not wear shorts because of MOSQUITOES 😭😭 I hate those little buggers and unfortunately they LUV me.

Consistent 5°C weather is when I'll start wearing shorts! Shorts are comfy and easy to wear.

If it still feels cold, I'll wear tights under them though. And sometimes tights + shorts in sub 0°C weather.

shorts life!!

Back