• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's shorts weather to you?

What's shorts weather to you? Pick the lowest temp you consider comfortable to wear shorts regularly

• Total voters
i don't wear shorts out of the house but i normally wear them as pyjamas when when things start to warm up in the spring right through until things start to cool down in the fall. i run hot usually so anywhere around 10-15°C is when i consider bringing the shorts back out.

I’m not entirely sure but probably about 60F. A lot of young people around here don’t care and will wear them in like subzero temperatures lol. I can’t do that I do not do well with extreme temperatures XP

All weather can be shorts weather. I'm not too bothered, unless it's going to cause me frostbite or something. On the other hand, I can't stand having long pants in the summer. Feels like suffering.

I prefer minimal leg exposure, especially in public, so I voted never. But I do wear them around home, typically above 20°C. Otherwise pants it is.

This is on my mind because where I live, we're getting our first 60F+ days this weekend, and I was thinking about whether I'll bring out the shorts or not to celebrate!

Update for the millions of people waiting to hear back: It was in fact not warm enough for shorts at 61.

In Arizona it's always shorts weather.I see people wearing shorts here even when the weather gets a tad nippy during the winter.I don't wear shorts because I have ugly old guy legs and who really wants to see that?

Shorts with a jacket, year round. Shorts without a jacket depends on what im doing, if im running it can be like 45.. If im just out there to be out there probably like 60

i get cold easily so it needs to be 75 f before i'll wear shorts. hell, i wear sweatshirts until it's about 72 f outside lol

It honestly depends on how much sunshine is around. I went for the middle ground of 60 degrees, but usually it needs to be paired with a hoodie or long sleeved shirt. However, if it's cold and rainy out it's definitely not short weather yet. If it's sunny and warm though, then it's definitely shorts weather.

most people in britain would probably say lower, but for me specifically, around 27C. maybe 24C if there's no breeze. i have god awful temperature regulation and i'm really thin, so i get cold very easily. sometimes i wear shorts with leggings, when it's colder, but shorts on their own? has to be hot, if not bordering on a heatwave, for me to do that or forgo at least a jacket.

was actually surprised by the amount of nevers 😂 for me it has to be pretty hot like 75 degrees is borderline if it’s not super windy but 80 degrees i’m usually ok wearing shorts. i run really cold so i’m almost always in long sleeves and pants.

Being in Michigan, I could wear shorts in 60 degree weather and be okay. However, three out of the four former jobs I had did not allow you to wear shorts as part of the uniform, so I grew accustomed to wearing pants even on hot days. My current job allows you to wear shorts if you want, but I choose not to solely because of me feeling uncomfortable showing my hairy legs for that job specifically.

For those that don't know, yes, I'm a dude.

I don't wear shorts. I really don't like them. I'll do capris if I can find them. Some long shorts work as capris for me. Being short makes it hard to find capris and long shorts on normal people aren't popular today.
But if I'm gonna be home all day and it's an oven like 90+, I'll put a sundress on or an oversized t shirt and walk around. But I have to be desperate for that. It does happen though.

I am a big fan of shorts! I will wear shorts starting around 55-63 Fahrenheit, depending on how sunny it is and whether we've got a cold breeze.

I have had major sensory issues around long pants my whole life. I can't stand to wear long pants when it's warm outside; I feel completely suffocated and panicky. (Long sleeves do not have the same effect, for whatever reason.) As a kid I hated pants so much that I wore shorts year-round. I'm very grateful to work at a library with a minimal dress code so I can wear shorts from April - October every year. I do tolerate long pants in fall and winter, but I keep a pair of shorts in my desk cabinet at work JUST IN CASE the building is warmer than anticipated or the outdoor temperature shoots up in the afternoon. Can't relax enough to wear pants without having backup shorts on reserve, haha.

Back