• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what position do you sleep in?

how do you sleep?

• on my side

Votes: 118 77.1%
  • on my stomach

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • on my back

Votes: 30 19.6%
  • other

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
i go to sleep on my side because trying to sleep in any way is uncomfortable to me. i guess i turn a lot in my sleep because i wake up, i'm either still on my side or on my back.

Primarily on my right side, though I've conditioned myself to also be comfortable sleeping on my left side. I'm glad I did because I tend to toss and turn and wake up on the opposite side, that way I can just easily drift back to dreamland. Sometimes I wake up on my back, but I never initially go to sleep on my back. Being on my back feels like I'm more susceptible to being smothered lol

I also always need to face the wall closest to me when I sleep, and with a pillow on top of my head. It's just this dumb ritual of mine.

I've found that sleeping on my sides makes sleep paralysis episodes somewhat more tolerable, especially when I'm all curled up under the sheet. I don't feel as vulnerable.

I sleep on my back because if I sleep any other way I'll wake up in pain :p sometimes I roll onto my side in my sleep and then have neck/back pain in the morning.

No disrespect to anyone but I don't understand how people can sleep on their stomach, I find it so uncomfortable ;-;

I sleep either on my right side or my stomach! I would find it almost impossible to sleep on my back or left side. 😊

I have tried hard to condition myself to sleep on my back, but it's still a work in progress. It only seems to work when I'm dead tired.

My favorite sleep position is on my stomach, because it feels the most comfortable, but once I read about it being murder for your neck/back, I've tried to sleep on my side more. I don't really have a preference for side, but I tend to do so more on the right. My left makes me face the window, and although I keep the blinds closed when I'm sleeping, some light still peeks through, and that's a bit annoying for me.

I have always only ever slept on my side. I've tried and tried to sleep on my back to help with muscle issues and overall pain, but I physically cannot do it. I can't fall asleep and I get terrible headaches. I can't even comprehend how people sleep on their stomachs! Do you rotate your heads 180 degrees like an owl???

Just about any position anywhere BESIDES ON MY BACK! Sleep paralysis scares the hell out of me. Usually, though, curled up like a cat (paving the way for future back problems?)

Mainly I lay on my stomach but I turn my shoulders to be a little on my side so I end up somewhere between the two. I also occasionally sleep on my back with my knees bent to make an upside down V but those are pretty much it for me.

I can't sleep on my back. Pretty sure I will suffocate. I fall asleep on my stomach, but I have had friends/family/relations take pictures of me while I am sleeping (I am still upset with all of them) and I am all twisted up with arms and legs all over the place like some demon possessed contortionist.

Okay, so my sleeping position sounds horrifying, but my cat loves it. So many ways to snuggle into me.

I typically sleep on my side. Sometimes if I have shoulder pain, I'd much rather sleep on my back until the discomfort mitigates, but otherwise I tend to fall asleep on a side position.

most of the time on my side, unless I accidentally fall asleep on my back or on my stomach. i like curling up in my bed hehe

I basically always sleep on my back, but I'll occasionally sleep on my stomach as well. Sleeping on my side is pretty rare.

My sleeping position(s) have changed a bit since I first posted in here. I used to be most comfortable sleeping on my right side while laying flat on my stomach, and that was the position that I almost always fell asleep in. However, laying on my right side is no longer comfortable, and I haven‘t slept on it in over a year. I still fall asleep laying flat on my stomach, except I do it on my left side now.

Sleeping on my back isn’t as uncommon/uncomfortable for me as it used to be, either. Nowadays, I start off laying on my left side, but when I feel myself starting to drift off, I roll onto my back and usually fall asleep like that. I often end up rolling back onto my side when I’m asleep though, and wake up like that. I’ve been waking up every few hours and alternating between laying on my side and laying on my back before going back to sleep. I tend to go through phases with what position(s) I sleep in, so it’s likely that this will change again and I’ll go back to just laying on my side again or something.

I also don’t sleep laying down completely flat anymore. I had to sleep propped up for about a week after getting my wisdoms out in 2022, and for some reason, laying down flat wasn’t super comfortable after that. So, I sleep with my head propped up by my body pillow.

i generally sleep on my side or my stomach. laying on my back feels nice, but nothing like laying on my front or side. laying on my back is probably better for me though as i have scoliosis. no matter, though. i also sleep with a bunch of pillows, otherwise i wake up sore and stiff. and that's no good. life is too short not to be comfortable while you rest. maybe some day i will lie on my back and sleep, but until that day, it's the front/side wombo combo.

i sleep on my stomach, and i specifically need to sleep with my head facing the right. i don’t remember why, but when i couldn’t sleep on my front i had to sleep on my back, and it took forever for me to actually fall asleep.

i changed my old vote from ‘on my stomach’ to ‘on my back’ and lemme say oh boy did it make a difference. my skin has become clearer, and i notice i my airways and breathing are less burdened. i didnt even notice i wasnt getting enough air! boobs pushing into your chest can affect your respiration more than i thought. anyway sometimes i cheat and end up rotating to my stomach again, but i always have a harder time sleeping when i do. i feel like ive found a personal life hack 🧐

Back