• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

i feel like rolf doesn't get much love. he should get a ton more bc he's literally a cranky old tiger (in my island he literally lives in a jungle-type place) and he's sooo cute. his eyes are creepy, but like a cute kind of creepy. actually, idk what my obsession is over villagers with eybrow/eye problems. i have hazel (unibrow), teddy (brows are literally bigger than his eyes), ruby (creepy moon rabbit popstar, LOVE HER), ect. ect.

i also feel like ken should get more love. hes an emo chicken. i used to hate him, but tbh, he grew on me lol c:

i feel like rolf doesn't get much love. he should get a ton more bc he's literally a cranky old tiger (in my island he literally lives in a jungle-type place) and he's sooo cute. his eyes are creepy, but like a cute kind of creepy. actually, idk what my obsession is over villagers with eybrow/eye problems. i have hazel (unibrow), teddy (brows are literally bigger than his eyes), ruby (creepy moon rabbit popstar, LOVE HER), ect. ect.

i also feel like ken should get more love. hes an emo chicken. i used to hate him, but tbh, he grew on me lol c:
I had Rolf in my New Leaf town as one of my starting 5. If memory serves me right, he randomly moved out after not playing the game for several weeks, and I actually kinda missed the guy. One of the few cranky villagers I actually remembered liking that I randomly got. His look overall just screams “tough bully” to me. He really needs more love, I do agree.

I also got Ken as my starter smug in New Horizons. He wasn’t bad either, but didn’t stay long as I replaced him with Apollo after a few months (surprisingly, Apollo didn’t last very long either, as I replaced him with Lopez, who’s one of my favorite smug villagers and is still on my original island today).

Lobo is my all time favorite, he holds such a special place in my heart from all the years on New Leaf. He's a grumpy old wolf! I hope to get him on WW and CF but I don't play those as often. I'm so happy I have his amiibo card so he's in my NH island lol I can't enjoy a game without him!! He's a crank, his birthday is a day before mine too. We are two cranky Scorpios haha

80px-Lobo_PG.png

Post automatically merged:

i have a ton of favourite “unpopular” villagers, but i think my #1 favourite has to be margie the elephant. i’ve said this so many times before, but i genuinely do not get why she isn’t more popular. she was in the 2006 animal crossing movie, her design is so beautiful, and she’s honestly just a lot of fun to have around. i didn’t really pay her much mind prior to new horizons, but now she’s one of my forever favourites 🫶

some of my runner-up unpopular faves are chabwick, maggie, katt, moe, agnes, and so many others. such slept on cuties :’)
This is so true!! The movie made me love and appreciate Margie's design more! I used to have her in NH, I miss her

Last edited:
Even though I've never had her, I think Katt is a pretty underrated villager. Her big sister personality matches her "cool female musician" appearance pretty well. I'm surprised not a lot of people talk about her.

Katt%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
I have Katt on my island, I think she is awesome.

I have Katt on my island, I think she is awesome.
Yep. Totally is. So much so that she's now a resident on the new island I'm creating. Her little fangs are kinda cute, too.

Easily Beardo. Probably the most hated of my favorite by the fandom. But if you give him a chance, he is really cool. I got him on my very first playthrough as my forced smug villager. I eventually learned to love the music in his house too. I hope to run into him again on my current island at some point. He always seemed to talk about plays and movies and posed a lot. He was humorous and chill and I miss him.

Lobo is my all time favorite, he holds such a special place in my heart from all the years on New Leaf. He's a grumpy old wolf! I hope to get him on WW and CF but I don't play those as often. I'm so happy I have his amiibo card so he's in my NH island lol I can't enjoy a game without him!! He's a crank, his birthday is a day before mine too. We are two cranky Scorpios haha

80px-Lobo_PG.png

Post automatically merged:

This is so true!! The movie made me love and appreciate Margie's design more! I used to have her in NH, I miss her
I love Lobo and Margie!

I guess I do actually have some favorite "unpopular" villagers.

Canberra! I love this girl so much, i used to hate her but recently i had her on my Island and she grew a lot in me. Her expressions are so sassy and i love it. XD

Beardo, I was so upset when he moved into my town on New Leaf. But he grew on me and ended up being my favorite. I haven’t gotten him on ACNH yet though I would love to sometime :)

I love Coach the Bull.
I am not sure if i was randomally adding them to my New leaf town which is where i first met him. But he is so lovelym hes now my fav jock - used to love lyman but he left my town suddenly and made me sad.
Im so tempted to bring Coach to my island.

I really love T-Bone, he's such a cute and underrated cranky!

Everyone seems to hate him for being ugly and rude, but he's such a sweetheart, and he deserves much better.

I know 99% of the Animal Crossing community hates this villager, but Cashmere.

I had a longing story with her, I hated her ugly looks. And when I found out she was coming to the Welcome Amiibo update I was flabbergasted of her re-inclusion. Though, I accepted fate and tried her out by adopting her in my New Leaf save file and grew to like her quite a lot! I didn't keep her for long since I wanted Diana as my mainstay, though it's been swapped around in the present time. Now I have Cashmere in my New Horizons island and have no plans of letting her go.

(Plus, her dream job is to become a Chef, so I'm gonna give her a mini 5-star restaurant in my Citycore, just watch me.)

Probably Quinn tbh. I'm not sure exactly where she falls on tier lists, but I really don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about her? She's quickly become one of my favourite villagers though. 👀 I brought her onto my island to try her out, not sure how it would go and it's safe to say she's a permie and will never leave. Love how different she felt from Phoebe who was the last uchi villager I had. As much as I liked Phoebe's design, I could never quite click with her the way I wanted to despite trying her out in both NL and NH. I thought Quinn might have ended up being a similar case but I was amazed by how much I seemed to connect with her and how quickly attached I became.

Ken is one of my favourite villagers, definitely my favourite chicken villager and I hardly ever see anyone talking about him. He's a ninja chicken and has a cool poster so that got me liking him a lot more than Snake (who is not a snake, may I add). Ken was my main smug after Julian left me (he asked about 5 separate times as I remember and I caved in) so I managed to spend a lot if time with Ken. I'll definitely try to look for him again while island hopping for my new island.

My top two in general are Nate - unibrow king - and Freckles - Freckle queen

A favourite unpopular islander of mine is Pietro as he is a clown so I understand people hate the look of him.

But besides cat and horse islanders I love all the sheep islanders too plus Pietro is so sweet :)

Lobo? If he counts? Will always love him because of the collectible my friend who passed gave me. I even have his picture in NH to remember my dear friend whenever I log on T^T

If Lobo doesn't count, I'd have to say I really love Biskit and Jambette! Biskit is one of my favorite lazy villagers, aside from Zucker and my several other lazy pals. And I used to really dislike Jambette, but.. she's growin' on me.

Ken is one of my favourite villagers, definitely my favourite chicken villager and I hardly ever see anyone talking about him. He's a ninja chicken and has a cool poster so that got me liking him a lot more than Snake (who is not a snake, may I add). Ken was my main smug after Julian left me (he asked about 5 separate times as I remember and I caved in) so I managed to spend a lot if time with Ken. I'll definitely try to look for him again while island hopping for my new island.
yes yes yes yes i used to HATE him but he is SO SO SO amazinggg

Back