• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
What is your favorite "unpopular villager"?

I am new to the game and this forum so I apologize if this has been discussed before!

By unpopular, I mean a villager who doesnt rank (or ranks low) on all the online searches for most popular characters. Tell me who and why you like a villager that isnt at the top (like Raymond, Marshall, Marina, etc...)

My favorite is the cranky bull Angus. I got him on a mystery island and have fallen in love with him because he reminds me of an old grumpy, but caring, grandpa! His catch phrase is "macmoo" but he also constantly calls you "kiddo" which makes me feel young again haha.

Hopefully you all have some unlikely favorites too?

My favorite villager is Mac, who is definitely unpopular. I like his island aesthetic. I wouldn’t say he’s really “island” anymore because his outfit and house changed in New Horizons, but in prior games he wears an aloha tee and his house gives off beach vibes. Jocks are unpopular in general, but that’s a discussion for another day.

I'm pretty sure all my favorite villagers are unpopular, at least in the Western Hemisphere.

My most favorite is Peewee!
FmlKjLpaYAEaU_e

Here he is, zoning out. He's likes to hang out near my house and give me daily jump scares especially at night. Ever seen a giant blue gorilla burst out of your jungle at mach speed to water a flower?

Peewee and probably gorillas in general are really fun to dress because of their butts, hahaha. He has some really good grumpy faces too.

My favorite villager is Mac, who is definitely unpopular. I like his island aesthetic. I wouldn’t say he’s really “island” anymore because his outfit and house changed in New Horizons, but in prior games he wears an aloha tee and his house gives off beach vibes. Jocks are unpopular in general, but that’s a discussion for another day.
It's funny you say that because my starting jock is Snake, and at first I was annoyed with all of the workout talk, but he grew on me and now I would feel sad if he wasn't on my island!

He caught my attention when he started singing alongside Apple haha
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure all my favorite villagers are unpopular, at least in the Western Hemisphere.

My most favorite is Peewee!
FmlKjLpaYAEaU_e

Here he is, zoning out. He's likes to hang out near my house and give me daily jump scares especially at night. Ever seen a giant blue gorilla burst out of your jungle at mach speed to water a flower?

Peewee and probably gorillas in general are really fun to dress because of their butts, hahaha. He has some really good grumpy faces too.
Good to know! I havent had the pleasure of meeting any gorillas!

My favorite villager himself is definitely unpopular 'cause I sure don't see anyone talk about Drift

Drift is my favorite villager because frogs are my favorite animal and I love Drift's aesthetic, he's the happiest little poison dart frog surfer
and jocks are arguably my favorite personality Drift loves working out and he's so chill with his huge smile.
1674895858856.png

My favorite villager himself is definitely unpopular 'cause I sure don't see anyone talk about Drift

Drift is my favorite villager because frogs are my favorite animal and I love Drift's aesthetic, he's the happiest little poison dart frog surfer
and jocks are arguably my favorite personality Drift loves working out and he's so chill with his huge smile.
View attachment 480791
Oh wow, yeah I have noticed villagers smiles, and so far that has to be the biggest!

I am loving these answers so far!

Not sure if I can pick just one. I have become fond of so many of the "Misfit" villagers that I am now populating my island with only villagers people usually hate and are mean to. So far I have Hazel, Jambette, Barold, Lyman and Tabby from my list :3

Seeing people be mean to them so much made me want to rescue them.

My favorite "unpopular" villagers mostly have a cohesive theme in design with the exception of one so here are my few favorites:
  • Knox
  • Mira
  • Kid Cat (and the rest of the hero villagers including Rocket)
  • Marlo
  • Ribbot and Sprocket
  • Raddle
  • Scoot (because he's adorable)
I exclude the food-themed villagers because they are fairly popular.

64px-Frett%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Graham%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Hans%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Jambette%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Katt%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Lyman%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Nibbles%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Rodney%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Maelle%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Spork%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Peggy%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
64px-Portia%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

Left to Right: Frett,Graham,Hans,Jambette,Katt,Lyman,Nibbles,Rodney,Maelle,Spork,Peggy,Portia

This is my dirty dozen of favorite unpopular villagers

Frett-Just a plain,cranky yellow dog with a genuine old guy vibe.Great eyebrows.
Graham-He's a nerd.I like nerds.
Hans-He's more Yeti than gorilla and he lets me call him "Hans Gruber".
Jambette-The nice froggy with the Mick Jagger lips.
Katt- I wasn't going to keep her but she was just too good of a villager to let go.
Lyman- He's the best jock I've had in AC.
Nibbles-I like the buck teeth and freckles.
Rodney-He's delightfully weird.
Maelle-Must be the hairdo.
Spork-He was the first pig villager I had in AC.He also has a nice smile.
Peggy-Always a fun villager to have around.
Portia-Love those dots and spots.

Moe is one of my favorite villagers. I think he's between 'unpopular' and 'underrated', IMO. A lot of people don't like his design, but I think he's adorable! I used to have him in my NL town (he moved out sadly) and I currently have him on my NH island. I even have a sticker of Moe on the back of my Switch Lite, haha.

A lot of my favorites are pretty unpopular. All time favorite is Antonio the anteater—most people seem to dislike all the larger animal models, or the ones that aren’t shaped like dolls. He’s been my best buddy since 2006.

Other stars include: Vesta the sheep, Peewee the gorilla, Tipper the cow, Dora the mouse, Deli the monkey, and Bubbles the hippo.

There are plenty more I like that aren’t necessarily POPULAR, but species like dogs and cats don’t tend to be reviled even when certain villagers aren’t all over Instagram.

Do these count? I've grown rather attached to them.
Pate, Miranda, Anchovy, Lyman, Peggy, Cyrano, Dora, Eunice, Nan, Hazel, Velma
I'm probably forgetting someone.

I like both Gaston and Mac even though they are not popular at all. They both have wonderful grumpy eyebrows. Claude is cool too.

I love all of these answers! It makes me want to replace some of my villagers with a not so popular crew!
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if I can pick just one. I have become fond of so many of the "Misfit" villagers that I am now populating my island with only villagers people usually hate and are mean to. So far I have Hazel, Jambette, Barold, Lyman and Tabby from my list :3

Seeing people be mean to them so much made me want to rescue them.
I love this! I have always felt that way in real life when it comes to adopting pets. Rescue the unwanted ones! Now I want to do the same as you in AC

1674963611849.png1674963683987.png1674963745286.png1674964590345.png1674965111358.png1674965307694.png1674965525962.png1674966793334.png1674967728433.png 1674969214832.png

Just a few of them - tried to verify by searching like you said, cause I know the favorites other than the very tippy top can change. It was really hard to choose just a few! I have so many favorites. I have a hard time believing that Daisy isn’t considered popular. She’s my newest favorite and so I couldn’t resist including her. Love her to death 💕

These are just some of my favorites! Not for any particular or thought out reason, I just like them.

In particular, I tend to be drawn to how certain villagers emote and how fun they are for me to dress up.

Also, have to mention to @Croconaw i 100% agree about Mac. He is such a cutie pie.

So many great villagers in this thread!

View attachment 480922View attachment 480923View attachment 480924View attachment 480926View attachment 480937View attachment 480942View attachment 480948View attachment 480970View attachment 480983 View attachment 480988

Just a few of them - tried to verify by searching like you said, cause I know the favorites other than the very tippy top can change. It was really hard to choose just a few! I have so many favorites. I have a hard time believing that Daisy isn’t considered popular. She’s my newest favorite and so I couldn’t resist including her. Love her to death 💕

These are just some of my favorites! Not for any particular or thought out reason, I just like them.

In particular, I tend to be drawn to how certain villagers emote and how fun they are for me to dress up.

Also, have to mention to @Croconaw i 100% agree about Mac. He is such a cutie pie.

So many great villagers in this thread!
Is that Bangle? I met her on my first mystery island and declined. I have regretted it ever since because I didn't know what I was doing at the time!

Is that Bangle? I met her on my first mystery island and declined. I have regretted it ever since because I didn't know what I was doing at the time!
It is Bangle! I also found her when I had no idea what I was doing, and invited her as my original peppy. Didn’t expect her to stick around permanently, but now she’s been with me for almost 3 years 😁

Back