• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

Lobo? If he counts? Will always love him because of the collectible my friend who passed gave me. I even have his picture in NH to remember my dear friend whenever I log on T^T
That’s pretty amazing that you like a specific villager because he reminds you of one of your real life friends who is no longer with us. The fact that Lobo alone gives you such a memorable connection to the real world just shows how powerful of an impact this series can have on someone, even when it comes to the little things.

I mean, Dotty reminds me of my old childhood pet, but that’s nothing compared to your story.

That’s pretty amazing that you like a specific villager because he reminds you of one of your real life friends who is no longer with us. The fact that Lobo alone gives you such a memorable connection to the real world just shows how powerful of an impact this series can have on someone, even when it comes to the little things.

I mean, Dotty reminds me of my old childhood pet, but that’s nothing compared to your story.
She wasn't an irl friend but someone I met on the forums. I will always love and cherish Lobo because of her though forever ;w;

She wasn't an irl friend but someone I met on the forums. I will always love and cherish Lobo because of her though forever ;w;
Well yeah, pretty much the same thing. I still find it amazing that you’re able to take what seems like an ordinary villager to some people and emotionally connect him to social interactions you’ve previously had with one of our late forum users.

It’s pretty cool in general how we like certain villagers as #1 favorites, but everyone likes theirs in different ways. Whether that be because of a real-life connection or just by in-game chance, I’ve always found that aspect quite interesting.

I think my favorite of the "unpopular" villagers would actually be Katt. Which is sort of funny, because I see she's in TN4U's signature. She was actually my starter Sisterly villager, and I didn't think I'd like her at all. But she grew on me, and I'm sad to say that I actually let her leave my island fairly early on... in May of 2020. I've regretted it ever since and wish that I had her around longer. As soon as Halloween came that year, I realized what a missed opportunity it was to have her on the island and gift her a vampire costume or something.

Easily Amelia the Snooty Eagle villager. I also like Ava the Normal Chicken villager, as she’s my #2 favorite (Aurora is #1).

Most of the other villagers I like are mildly popular or very popular, but there are some unpopular ones I like.

I think my favorite of the "unpopular" villagers would actually be Katt. Which is sort of funny, because I see she's in TN4U's signature.
Yes! She's that important to me. Katt is super underrated, and I'd totally have her on Wahu if I didn't have Cherry already. She's on my backup island, however, so at least there's that.

Also, there's only about 3 other sisterly villagers I would like as villagers, so for me, Katt's in an elite class.

Katt & Lopez 2.jpg

Lineup.jpg

I'm insistant on having Pietro for my island. He's such a cute little clown and people treat him like he's scary or creepy just because acting like every clown is terrifying is such a prevalent meme. I don't care about that though, I love him. He'll live at the amusement park I intend to set up and be an entertainer and cotton candy salesman! :3

Rocket and Canberra. I'm not a big fan of sisterly villagers, but I enjoy these two. Canberra has an unique face I really enjoy, look at my picture haha. Rocket is one of (I think) the species people usually dislikes. I dislike gorillas too. But the suphehero theme really catched me. I'm not sure I'll adopt them all but at least Rocket because I need a Sisterly villager after all (it's important to me to have at least a character of each personality). Plus I like pink. And she's pink.

clarisse! she was one of my starter villagers, and she is such a sweetie. shes one of the only originals on my island but ive kept her for sentimental value because i just love her so much. she also kind of resembles a gummy bear!

I've made a list of my future villagers and I can add Pate to my list of impopular villagers I like haha. She's really cute! Love her brows.
Others not really popular villagers I'll probably have: Petri, Kid Cat, Octavian. More popular than a Canberra but not top tier haha!

Mallary is another villager I've always had, and yet I barely see anyone talk about her. I honestly think she's the best out of the snooty ducks, but I guess Gloria, Maelle and Miranda seem to get talked about more. The reason I like Mallary so much is because she was one of the very first villagers I randomly got in City Folk, and have since made it a tradition of having her in all the future games.

Mallary_NLWa.png

I also seem to find quite a few furniture variants featuring ducks with a purple/orange color combo like Mallary. You'd think she would get talked about more due to this alone, but I guess not.

Personally? Either Wolfgang or Fang (They're grumpy villagers). I love them both and wish to add them to my island when I can. I only have sisterly, snooty and preppy villagers on my island, unintentionally making it all female. But sadly, I almost never hear anything about them from anyone online.

Hopkins or Bettina! I like both of their designs a lot, but they’re always on the bottom of popularity lists.

Probably Beardo or Canberra. I really didn't like Beardo at first, but since he was my starter smug, I had to accept him on my island, and he certainly grew on me! Canberra I passed over for a while, but when she was on my island, again, she grew on me a lot.

I'm a big fan of Katt, and I'm nyot sure if he's unpopular or nyot but Flip is my absolute favourite male villager! Both of them being because of my original town in New Leaf.

Drift is my favourite, he was in my childhood City Folk town. Not sure of his popularity though (edit: i dont know how to attach a non-huge picture 😂)
IMG_4682.jpeg

Back