• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what roles do your villagers have on your island?

ConfusedDad

*writes cutely*
Bells
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Famous Mushroom
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Lily
Yellow Tulip
Yellow Rose
Yellow Cosmos
like, what is their story?

hazel

she's basically the bisexual big sister of my island. she's badass and gorgeous and confident and everything im not basically. except short. she's a short queen like me. but basically she runs the farm with nana, who's basically her mother figure (except her biological mom is dead and stuff bc she's an orphan who had to take care of her 3 brothers and sisters)

nana

basically the mom of everyone in my island, she's crushing on flora because opposites attract (except when it comes to my own love life, in which case, no one attracts back--) but basically she thinks flora's really cool but she's always trying to help flora get with teddy even though she doesn't want that obviously (very similar to my own love life). she's also the farm's manager and runs like everything and is assisted by my queen hazel.

flora

she's the pop star queen on my island. one of the four. yes, i have four peppy villagers. my island is caffeinated. deal with it. ANYWAY, so my beautiful flora is as straight as it gets so she obviously doesn't like nana back, and she has a huge crush on teddy, who is a muscly dude. who's NOT into that? (me) BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT. point is, she's a pop star (almost) and lives on a lake. she's got everything a girl could want, man. yet she's still chasing teddy. whatever. they flirt all the time, too. he likes her back, but they're not official yet. i feel bad for nana.

teddy

a big muscly dude. he's like one of those dudes who ride motorcycles and wear sunglasses and those shirts that are so close to their skin that you can see every single muscle. on purpose. anyway, he runs the campsite because he loves camping because he's a bear (again, opposites attract). i love him. he's my big bro. like, HANDS OFF MY BIG BRO, FLORA! GO DATE NANA! but like.... ThEyRe A cUtE cOuPLeEeEe....

rolf

basically he's the old man in this whole shenanigan. he's the responsible adult. who lives in a jungle. cool, right? yeah. he's my grandpa. EVERYONE'S grandpa actually. but basically, he lives in a garden full of weeds and junk and he literally loves to complain. so we just rant for hours (in my mind since i cant rly answer him in-game). every island needs a cranky. i don't care if you hate old men, these guys are just HILARIOUS. and obviously no romance in his life except his dead wife. RIP, glinda.

ken

ken thinks he's so hot and amazing, but he's not, he's an emo chicken and he's not even good at that, he's DARK BLUE, not BLACK, but its so funny how he thinks he's friggin' jesus or something. he lives in this zen bamboo forest fit for a zen master, but its ironic, bc zen masters should be brave, and he's a CHICKEN. HAHAHAHHAHA-- no offense ken

ruby

she's a creepy moon rabbit, but she's my creepy moon rabbit. i love her because she's adorable, sweet, and so, so funny. basically i have this group of peppies that are like my best friends and we always talk, and she's part of that. also, how convenient is it that she's a MOON RABBIT on MOON ISLE? like, shoutout to my taste in villagers for being the best. she likes felicity.

bunnie

she's ruby's sister and they live in the same area. she's part of the best friends group and she is literally my bestie. she always gives me stuff and she's so kind to me all the time. and she's like a pop star and stuff. her and ruby share a dad but not a mom so like that's why they don't look the same at all. ruby's older. yeah. bunnie doesn't really have any romance going on despite being a peppy villager, but teddy and flora intrigue her. she knows the tea.

felicity

she is the only kitty on my island. she's also the princess of my island. everyone respects her. she's best friends with ruby. she's also the girl who lives in the flower field. oh yeah, and she's part of the best friends group. she's also as straight as it gets, so she doesn't like ruby back. sadly. or maybe not. some people are better single.

graham

he is like a little boss. he runs the whole business. except for Resident Services. and my island. he runs Graham's Goods, the BIGGEST orchard on my island. it's like 15 trees. anyway, he is a creepy little computer dude who has a crush on these pop stars, chrissy and francine, and is very very nerdy. idk why i have him but he's starting to grow on me bc of my past as a nerd. oh god. oh well. he's okay... ig....

wow, that was a lot. okay, so what gossip do you guys have on your island? TELL ME THE TEA!!!!

Francine and Chrissy are pop stars taking a break from show biz.

Graham was supposed to be president of their fanclub. However, I'm liking the idea of him being their manager or publicist better. It's less creepy. His room already gives me busy, chaotic energy vibes; so I think that he would fit either of those jobs. I'll just have to tidy up his house a bit. Mainly the bed. I can't have him sleep on cardboard boxes.:LOL:

Merengue's house has been redecorated to look more like an actual pop up cafe. Therefore, she's the owner and baker. She's as sweet as she looks.

Pashmina's house already looks like a diner, so I decorated the outside of her house to have a seating area, parking lot and sidewalk. As for role, she's definitely the cool big sister of my island.

Mitzi is a makeshift librarian. I say makeshift because I decorated her house to look more like a house than a library. She is also my first normal villager, so the interior desperately needed an update at that time. I only used the classic-library wallpaper on one side of her house. However, she does have a little free library placed in front of her house. I imagine her to be kind, intelligent, and quiet.

Rowan is a jock so I gave him an outdoor gym. I don't know what to do with the inside of his house. Especially since he was one of my first villagers.

Ed is fab so I don't have any plans for him yet.

Roscoe is always singing so I guess that he's a singer or musician. Hopefully I'll get the chance to redecorate his house eventually.

Ken is a weeb so I gave him a zen garden.

So far, they don't have any roles, but I plan to move their houses so they can represent the different races in the different regions of my BotW/TotK-inspired island :>
Maybe, in the far future, they will be matching their area (ex: a Bird like Amelia for Rito Village)

Raymond

He was the cat that came from another island that I recently got a few years ago but he was hated by those who thought they were his friends and they ended up selling for so many bells. Feeling scared he was afraid of me when I adopted him but I wanted to reassure him that he is not going anywhere as long as he is here with me safely.

Apollo and Ameila

I consider them a couple since they do look alike. They live next to each other and have photos of themselves in their home. They don't like sharing their love around others becuase they are too shy and insecure to admit it.

Francine

She used to be friends with Chrissy but she no longer hangs out with her anymore since they had a fallout between being a popstar and fashion. She often feels lonely and whenever I come to her home she feels more happy. I told her that as long as I'm here I could never let go of her.

Molly

She has been with me for the longest time. Ever since I found her back in June 2020 she has been with me all the time. When I finally got her card I just said "now I can invite you no matter if you move away or I restart you will still be with me no matter wthat" she may not remember who I am but deep down in my heart I still remember who she is.

Edit: Wrong thread!! I didn’t even realize I misclicked i’m so embarassed lol

Last edited:
Dobie is a detective and my main island rep is like his sidekick (aside from maintaining the island). Together they are trying to figure out what happened to the previous island villagers who have gone missing!

Ribbot runs a dojo/gym and also works as the main chef an the restaurant on the HHD island. He is Cephalobot's older brother.

Cephalobot is obsessed with Halloween and works as the sous chef with his older brother Ribbot but he is kinda fed up.

Charlise works as a waitress at the same restaurant that Ribbot and Cephalobot. She is not radioactive despite the radioactive sign put up in front of her house by her cousin Ursala.

Bunnie loves watching TV, gossiping, and making her own home-made Cherry jam that she likes to give away.

Ione is an alien that crash-landed near the island. She likes to consume star fragments!

Skye is a sentient cloud learning about... life.

Punchy is just a chill guy who is in mourning. His yard is filled with weeds.

Petri is a scientist and is good friends with Dobie.

Roswell is a robot-alien hybrid that turned his house into a nightclub.

Not technically a resident of the island but Sprocket lives in the campsite tent on the beach; he is related to Ribbot and Cephalobot

That's the gist of my lore that I came up for my lil villagers 😅

Oh, I wanted to do this.
  • Patty - The produce farmer.
    • Grows food for the other islanders on her farm.
    • Frequently sells product to the Nooklings.
  • Bob - The so-called child.
    • He just hangs out and doesn't do a whole lot other than grace others with his dumb smirk.
    • A joy to be around, however. Just make sure he doesn't randomly wander off to do something dangerous!
  • Mallary - The logical one.
    • Always thinking about the smart ways of doing things.
    • Could be a pretty good lawyer if she wanted to be one. Don't mess with her!
  • Cherry - The voice of reason.
    • If there's an argument, count on Cherry to resolve a conflict.
    • She may look tough, but never judge a book by its cover!
  • Tom - The island gardener and ecologist.
    • It's basically his way of proving to others that he can do more than take others on in a wrestling ring.
    • This is how the other islanders grew to like him. He's earned some major respect since then.
  • Dotty - The supportive one who shines like a star.
    • Is not afraid to show a lot of spirit to the island she calls home.
    • Peps up others when they're feeling down. No wonder everyone loves her.
  • Lopez - The rockin' musician.
    • He and best friend Kyle put on rock shows in the island's outdoor stage for others' amusement.
    • The "neat" one of the duo.
  • Poncho - The wannabe student.
    • Has a lot of inner smarts, but never shows them due to school stress.
    • Tends to be hyperactive way too often. Maybe he should lay off the candy...
  • Kyle - The other rockin' musician.
    • The "sloppy" one of the duo.
    • At least he can set up a stage properly. Brucewood Mac is quite proud of him.
  • Caroline - The unusual one.
    • Moved in to Coco's old house, and had allegedly experienced several supernatural phenomenons since then. Can we ever believe her?
    • At least she can draw some pretty cool-looking comics. It's essentially her coping tool.
I explained their roles in greater depth on my island journal. Link in my signature if you want to read it!

Grizzly - Produce farmer and restaurant chef on the HHP island. Maple's dad.

Maple - Smart and quietly confident tomboy. Has a fascination with UFOs.

Curt - Mechanic, criminal and thug. Olive and Poncho's dad.

Olive - Quiet and mature for her age. Often quite anxious. Very academic.

Poncho - Friendly and popular, very into sport.

Beardo - Weirdo. Works as a Private Investigator. Bluebear's dad.

Bluebear - The island baby. Tends to be very perky, but can also be sensitive and easily scared.

Marty - The imaginative one.

Paula - Hippie type. Runs a vegan cafe on HHP.

Judy - B R A T

I elaborate on each in this post of my journal. But the above are the only actual residents.

I'm still working on them, but here's some so far:
Here, still really short though.

Sally: A writer who has a bad case of writer's block.
Static: An ex-member of an underground rock band who just want to live the rest of his life in peace.
Genji: A poet who has ghostly problems.
Poppy: The bookworm activist; she wants everyone to read more.
Francine: A runaway Idol who lives on the island in secret. No one knows it's the missing Idol.
Hazel: Local comic book artist.
Sylvana: A shy squirrel who loves nature and gardening.
Nibbles: Aspiring Idol and V-tuber.

I haven't done theirs yet, but here is a small taste here:

Marshal: The city boy who has never been to the city.
Claude: Easygoing life bunny and Francine's best friend.

It's nothing too detailed but in general:

Reneigh: no role
Rory: created a dumb superhero team with Rod
Clay: mysterious alien hamster (based on his villager photo)
Roswell: owns an antique shop with eerie alien artifacts
Tiffany: runs a speakeasy bar
Rod: wannabe pirate captain, joined Rory's dumb superhero team
Coco: a strange rabbit with dark secrets in her house
Peewee: runs the stinky fish market
Shino: no role

this thread just had to find me right as i was about to dig into my psychology homework... yay! GREAT question i could go on about this forever. lots of personal headcanons i made up here so if you disagree, my deepest apologies. okay!! here we go.

teddy
he's the big brother of the island. he works out a lot, and tries to act tough, but he's really just a softie little marshmallow underneath. he really likes sunset walks, he likes to sleep late despite his rigorous workout schedule, and he's always trying to put a smile on everyone's face.

whitney
the single aunt of the island, who happens to be sisters with the other aunt of the island (judy, who we'll get into later). she's very materialistic and snobby. no seriously like madonna wrote material girl about whitney. she's a lot like rarity from my little pony. deep down though, she cares a lot about her friends on the island, and would stand by them through thick and thin. sherb grosses her out a little bit though.

judy
whitney's sister, the other cool aunt on the island! similar to whitney, judy is also a little snobby. the only real difference between them is that judy has a secret lover who lives on another island, whose identity will not be revealed. i think judy is a bit more cold-hearted towards her fellow islanders, but nonetheless, she's an icon and we love her. judy is also a part of the island's pop trio, featuring more villagers who we will get into later on. i catch her singing all the time!

quinn
my personal favorite. this isn't a hc i made up but i strongly agree with it. quinn is apollo's lesbian teen rebel daughter who (and this part i made up) decided not to go to college like he wanted her to and came to my island instead. she looooves my chemical romance (her catchphrase is killjoy for that reason, which unfortunately spread to my other villagers) and everyone knows not to mess with the people she's close with. i also suspect that her and rosie might be flirting every now and then but... who am i to have a say in that

marshal
the snazzy gay millennial who can't live without coffee and thrived on myspace as a teenager. he is super self-absorbed and makes the fact that his generation started the iced coffee fad his entire personality. despite his rather annoying tendencies, he is super funny to chat with and he can make an amazing friend when you need him. he also loves to sing, and he slays every time i catch him doing so. he definitely stays up all hours of the night scrolling through facebook though.

sherb
THE BABY OF THE ISLAND! everyone loves sherb!!! while he can be sort of gross, he really doesn't know any better. his kindness and warm hearted energy fills every room he's in, and everyone on the island just adores him. driftwood truly would not be the way it is without this lil dude.

bangle
part of the island's pop trio, the other members being judy, and one more coming up soon! bangle loves to sing, and her favorite show is maglevs in love. i mean she literally tells me about it whenever i stop by to pick up a diy recipe from her. however, i love bangle, and i love how musical she is. she loves making friends and being kind to everyone, but she also loves a good gossip session with her gal pals.

gonzo
the island's grandpa! honestly, gonzo can do no wrong. everyone goes to him for guidance and advice when they need it, and he always knows just what to say. he likes poking fun at the rest of the villagers because of how "young and immature" they are, but he really does love and care for everyone on the island, and you can really tell by how sweet he really is. he is an absolute asset to the island.

rosie
the coolest cat in town! she is the third member of the island's pop trio, and she loves music with everything she's got! i also suspect she's a wee bit fruity, as she actually mentioned trying to impress a certain girl with her knowledge on prog rock (...quinn, perhaps?) rosie is so bubbly and upbeat, and she is a wonderful friend to have around especially when you're lacking positivity in your life. rosie is just a doll, and such a ray of sunshine. she could sing bubblegum k.k. for hours on end. the island wouldn't be the same without her!

coco
the mother of the island! coco is a little odd and far-off, but she's literally my favorite villager ever, so i just adore her. she is so caring and chill, and she has really good interior design skills. similarly to gonzo, a lot of the villagers go to her for help. she has a very motherly, sweet personality and loves to make people feel happy and comfortable. don't cross her when she's tired though, because you might make her mad, and you can never really see her facial expressions, making her true feelings about you a bit hard to decipher.

so yeah! those are my babies. if anyone wants to stop by my island and talk to any of them, you are more than welcome! OP, thanks for making this thread, it actually made me super happy to write about and i have a newfound appreciation for every one of my villagers. <3

I actually just finished writing the backstories for my villagers when this thread found me XD Hope you won't mind the long post! Just for fun I also included gijinkas so I could fully immerse myself in their respective roles.

Main Villagers

1699518720143.png

Blanche (Proprietress)

Ever crafty and elegant, Blanche the white stork offers top-notch hospitality as the proprietress of the best (and only) inn of Rainstorm Isle. Wisteria Inn provides traditional zen-style rooms with hot springs and regional cuisine for tourists who are less keen on roughing it up at the campground. The dining area doubles as a snack bar with a fine selection of liquor during the night, in which local residents of age usually mingle after a long day.

1699518755265.png

Buzz (Construction Manager)

Buzz the golden eagle used to not have much to do besides tinkering away in his junkyard, but after the tourism boom on the island began, demands for building new homes and town infrastructures went through the roof. You can always hear Buzz grumbling about how busy he is, but you’ll never see him slacking on the job. Now that business is booming, he's hopeful he could save enough money to finally buy his dream sports car.

1699518302468.png

Del (Harbormaster)

When it comes to the safety of Rainstorm's stormy sea, you’ll never see anyone more alert than Del and his trusty patrol boat. From lighthouse duty to regulating vessel traffic, he ensures no scallywagging will occur under his watch. When he’s not on duty, you can find him fishing in the harbor or reminiscing about his days back in the Navy. Ironically, despite being an alligator, it seems the river is not under his jurisdiction.

1699518342663.png

Ribbot (Police Officer)

Jet-powered leaping legs! Water-proof and corrosion-proof metal body! Laser beam croak! Ever since his spaceship's unfortunate mishaps have left him stranded on the island, this metal frog has finally found his calling to fully utilize his mechanical arsenal to serve and protect the residents of Rainstorm Island. One might argue that jets and lasers as crime deterrents were slightly overkill for a sleepy little island town, but you can never be too prepared.

1699518409139.png

Petri (Doctor/Scientist)

Petri does have a medical license, technically, as it comes together with her molecular biology degree. Her small clinic treats every sickness and wound, or at least something to keep you alive long enough before you are transferred to a bigger hospital. Her medicine either tastes bland or extremely bitter with no in-between. Incidentally, this white mouse spent most of her weekends in her laboratory breaching the lines between science and fiction.

1699518466693.png

Raymond (Accountant)

It’s fair to say Raymond’s beginning on the island was rocky. He was on the fast track - corner office, full benefits, stock options - until he got transferred to work as the town clerk on a remote island. Used to the convenience of the big city, this grey cat initially came off as a snob, but has since made his peace and is now fully acclimated to island living. Freed from the fast-paced lifestyle, Raymond has now begun pursuing his boyhood dream of writing a novel.

1699518573331.png

Coco (Farmer)

From farming veggies, foraging mushrooms, or chopping bamboo, Coco is in complete synergy with mother nature. It was as if this rabbit was one with the earth herself. She's also timid, so only local residents know of her habits and appearance well. Many tourists have often reported sightings of huge walking gyroid restocking veggies for the self-service pop-up stand around the crack of dawn, but residential service has since reassured them.

1699518670226.png

Lucky (Ranger)

Thanks to Lucky, the campground and mountain are safer than ever. His past is a mystery even to himself, but the local residents have been more than helpful to the point he couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. You can find him sleeping during the day, then awake at dusk to do his nighttime patrol. If you thought the sight of a bandaged dog with glowing eyes wandering around the woods at night is more than a bit unsettling, you'll be absolutely right.

1699518807913.png

Sprinkle (Illustrator)

Tired from the hustle and bustle of city life, Sprinkle is confident her big move to Rainstorm Island is the best choice she ever made. Being an illustrator for books and advertisements, there’s now a certain tranquility in her art that makes this teal penguin even more popular than before. She’s quite active on Nookstagram and has gained considerable followers on social media posting pictures of her drawings and daily life on the island.

1699518913929.png

Frita (Grocer)

No idea what to cook for dinner? Frita’s Grocery got you covered with her menu kits for popular recipes such as curry or fried shrimp! If you're too busy to cook, her selection of ready-made food by yours truly is the perfect quick, easy meal (taste not guaranteed). For visiting tourists, she also stocks local specialties as souvenirs. The latest, juiciest gossip around the island is included with every purchase. Frita never fails to go karaoke every weekend.

BONUS: Former Villagers

1699519211264.png

Beardo (Professor/Town Elder)

It's been several years since Professor Beardo retired from teaching, yet he never stopped doing his research. Fascinated by folklore and legends, this gentlemanly blue bear is determined to spend his remaining years revealing the invisible historical facts hidden on Rainstorm Island. Beardo lives in the old manor up on the hill overlooking the island. His hobby is collecting books for his library, which to this day is still growing.

1699519256396.png

Tia (Maid)

Ever since she was a little elephant, her dream has been to work in an English-style manor wearing the iconic maid uniform. From cooking, cleaning, and serving - she does her job flawlessly. Most of all, the tea she brewed is the most exquisite. Tia truly loves her job as a maid, so much so that her employer has to remind her to clock out before 6. She loves to read books before bedtime, especially romance novels.

1699519302358.png

Zucker (Fisherman/Cook)

With Zucker, you can practically smell summer on him. The ever-present aroma of savory sweet sauce emanating from this octopus brings you back to the memories of festivals, the sea, and fireworks. Only at Zucker's Beach House can you eat festival food, rent swimming or fishing equipment for any season. He’s also an exceptionally good fisherman. You can place an order for any seasonal fish and he’ll catch it within a week.

Last edited:
Back