• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

then my girlie, apple 😌
Apple_NH.png
OMG APPLE SYO TRUE she was on my original 2020 island since the tutorial and i nyever got rid of her! (though i don't think i'll be inviting her back to this one since apples aren't my native fruit anymore/i don't plan to use bad apple as my town tune for the same reason)

she randomly filled in one of my plots during the early days of my island and i just grew to love the girl so she can never leave my island now
I found her on a mystery island back then (didn't know how they worked then syo I just invited the first villager I saw) and once I realised how well she fit my island's theme I just kept her around!

Moe and Tom! I love them, Moe's the cutest and I love my grumpy boy Tom.. Had them in New Leaf and absolutely loved them. Bought their amiibo card back before new horizons came out.
I had them on my island forever, moved them in as soon as I could with amiibo until I started over my island. I stopped playing animal crossing for a while, but Moe and Tom will probably be invited back when the islands ready for the blue boys.

Tarou is pretty darn good. But... I'd say all the cows. Copout answer I know, if you want a more concrete one the answer is Sylvia. I have her in my new leaf town as an ultimate dreamie. Forever locked in stasis on april 2nd.

My favorite 'unpopular' villager is Olaf the anteater. He was my first campsite villager, so I had to take him, and at first I wasn't really sure how I felt about him. I've always been a fan of the anteaters, but his hair sort of threw me off :LOL:However, I love him now and don't want him to leave! He grew on me so quickly and he is just so cute. He always calls me his bestie. I also love his whole matador theme, and it's so cute when the anteaters' noses move when they talk. It always makes me laugh! He's definitely not very popular, but I really enjoy having him on my island.

Lyman!
He was in my first AC:NL town back in the day. I'm not really a fan of jock villagers but he was so sweet!
he would always stop by my house, n I thought he was pretty funny! I turned out liking him a lot, n I would never let him leave.
I'm not sure about NH yet, I know there's been new villagers since NL. :p

Holy moly, I forgot about this thread. I posted this question when I was brand new and knew nothing haha, It is nice to see it pop back up though! Although I have since learned, and agree with, that popularity based on polls and online rankings is silly and should definitely never influence you!

That being said, I have since fallen in love with a couple of other "unpopular" villagers.

First would be Cyrano. I am a sucker for cranky villagers and his eyebrows demand respect.

1000003727.png

And Dora, with her mouth on the side of her face. It reminds me of the old Saturday morning cartoon "Snorks" where all of their mouths were off to one side.

1000003729.png

And of course, the tiny man people seem to love to dislike, Rodney. I loved his dopey face, but since then I love that he is usually dancing and singing on his own with no music nearby.

1000003728.png

I never really see people talking about him but one of my favourite villagers is sterling. What’s not to love about an eagle in armour

Back