• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

Beardo%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
Blanche%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
Buzz%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

these three (incidentally all their names starts with B lol)

Beardo I've seen a lot of unnecessary hate towards him, mainly because he need manscaping lmao XD but really other than that he's okay. He's a gentleman bear with a dapper mustache and sideburns. I love to have him on my island as one of the village's elders
Blanche I'm surprised by the lack of attention given to her considering how beautiful she is. She radiates the aura of elegant tranquility and dazzling contrast between white feathers and black kimono. I'm guessing she's not popular because her color scheme is too neutral? idk
Buzz Same sentiment as Blanche because Buzz is just so cool yet criminally underrated. He is a golden eagle a.k.a. the strongest eagle in the world! He also gives that vibe of a stern yet secretly caring big brother. What's not to love? Maybe people just think of him as Apollo 2.0? idk

Last edited:
Curt and Grizzly for me. I know bears in general are less popular, especially ones that couldn't be considered 'cute' like these fellas. But I like to have the presence of big burly male bears who look like they could win a fight. Grizzly has a warmth to him that makes him come across as protective. He keeps us all safe. Curt I wouldn't mess with, but I think his design is cool.

Donโ€™t know how exactly things are now, but Sprocket and Chadder, two of my favourites, were usually near the bottom of tier lists.

Sprocketโ€™s been on my island since the beginning. I had a lot of time to grow to love him, plus itโ€™s funny to me how he talks about having biceps and gaining muscles but heโ€™s a robot, so he canโ€™t gain any. xD

Chadder is sentient cheese. In fancy atire no less, with a bathhouse for a home. His house got me to want him at first, then I found his design cute in general.~ Enjoyed having him since they moved in.

download.jpeg

This man is my all time favorite, he was apart of the first villagers I had

My favourite villager ever is to the left ... The rest of my Awesome Eight consists of Tabby, Pietro, Lily, O'Hare, Al, Stinky and Rasher. Special shout-out to Baabara !! I believe Lily is somewhat popular but, for me, I think it's nostalgia bacause she was the first villager I ever spoke to !!

None of the 'Gen 6' villagers have tickled me just yet but Kyle has become a new fave ... I also love Cyd, Spike, Hornsby, Raddle, Pietri ... Oh I just thought of about 20 more, I love the 'unpopular' villagers ...

By the way, Rodney and Graham ...

I don't know how popular he is, but Rasher looks like the type of person who might store human organs in his fridge and I love him.

My favourite villager ever is to the left ... The rest of my Awesome Eight consists of Tabby, Pietro, Lily, O'Hare, Al, Stinky and Rasher. Special shout-out to Baabara !! I believe Lily is somewhat popular but, for me, I think it's nostalgia bacause she was the first villager I ever spoke to !!

None of the 'Gen 6' villagers have tickled me just yet but Kyle has become a new fave ... I also love Cyd, Spike, Hornsby, Raddle, Pietri ... Oh I just thought of about 20 more, I love the 'unpopular' villagers ...

By the way, Rodney and Graham ...
Petri is popular though! She's one of the moderated villagers on Nookazon to prevent scam (others are Raymond, Judy, Ankha, Sherb, Marshal, Shino, Sasha, Faith, lone). She's adorable and pretty behind the glasses <3

As for me, I'd say Lyman, Hazel, Gruff, Naomi, Monique, Gloria, Truffles, and Chow. Claude and Samson are starting to grow on me as well. Also, I don't know how popular he is, but I like Monty too. He's cool.

Last edited:
Rizzo, hands down. I don't care what anyone else says, as far as I'm concerned he's an awesome villager with an awesome design, and is the best cranky villager in the series. He currently sits as my second favorite villager overall, only falling behind Mitzi.

My favourite unpopular villagers are Carrie, Plucky, Rory, Boyd and Klaus. I'd also love to have Moe on one of my islands someday, I enjoy seeing him over at HHP and he sure has the potential to become a beloved villager of mine. c:

What is your favorite "unpopular villager"?

I am new to the game and this forum so I apologize if this has been discussed before!

By unpopular, I mean a villager who doesnt rank (or ranks low) on all the online searches for most popular characters. Tell me who and why you like a villager that isnt at the top (like Raymond, Marshall, Marina, etc...)

My favorite is the cranky bull Angus. I got him on a mystery island and have fallen in love with him because he reminds me of an old grumpy, but caring, grandpa! His catch phrase is "macmoo" but he also constantly calls you "kiddo" which makes me feel young again haha.

Hopefully you all have some unlikely favorites too?
Rodney, Mira, Hamlet and Rodney (I'm also a big Shino fan but I think she's pretty popular) are some of my favourites, but tbh almost all of my villagers are unpopular and I love them all. Peewee, Octavian, Tammy and Pancetti are more "ugly" villagers that I love but they're not up there with those 4. All the ugly-cute villagers are so charming to me: Rodney is my personal favourite!

A new recent one for me is Cyrano. I never see him mentioned but then again I love cranky villagers and his massive eyebrows and ant eat nose just make me love him.

A new recent one for me is Cyrano. I never see him mentioned but then again I love cranky villagers and his massive eyebrows and ant eat nose just make me love him.
Cyrano is a great villager. I was happy he was one of my random move in villagers on my restarted second so I didnโ€™t have to look for him. He is a permanent villager on that island.

i have a ton of favourite โ€œunpopularโ€ villagers, but i think my #1 favourite has to be margie the elephant. iโ€™ve said this so many times before, but i genuinely do not get why she isnโ€™t more popular. she was in the 2006 animal crossing movie, her design is so beautiful, and sheโ€™s honestly just a lot of fun to have around. i didnโ€™t really pay her much mind prior to new horizons, but now sheโ€™s one of my forever favourites ๐Ÿซถ

some of my runner-up unpopular faves are chabwick, maggie, katt, moe, agnes, and so many others. such slept on cuties :โ€™)

Even though I've never had her, I think Katt is a pretty underrated villager. Her big sister personality matches her "cool female musician" appearance pretty well. I'm surprised not a lot of people talk about her.

Katt%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

As for me, I'd say Lyman, Hazel, Gruff, Naomi, Monique, Gloria, Truffles, and Chow. Claude and Samson are starting to grow on me as well. Also, I don't know how popular he is, but I like Monty too. He's cool.
UPDATE - I can now say with certainty that Monty is somewhere on the unpopular side; the monkeys as a whole seem to get a lot of flak. I guess I could also say Anicotti for similar reasons with the mice.
Buzz Same sentiment as Blanche because Buzz is just so cool yet criminally underrated. He is a golden eagle a.k.a. the strongest eagle in the world! He also gives that vibe of a stern yet secretly caring big brother. What's not to love? Maybe people just think of him as Apollo 2.0? idk
Yeah, I feel like most of the eagles are overshadowed by Apollo (and to an extent, Avery, Celia, and maybe Keaton).

Back