• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

Stinky, the jock cat.
167px-Animal_Crossing-e_2-069_%28Stinky%29.jpg

I didnt think I would get much of a response, but it turns out I am happy to see so many unlikely villagers being loved!

I am really enjoying this forum, and all of your contributions!

How do you all have images of your villagers to show who you are talking about? I want to share a picture of Angus but not sure how

Harry has to be one of the most if not the most unpopular villager in existance, but I love having him around as my island dad so much. He looks so awesome in the fathers day apron!20230131_184249.jpg
Other unpopular ones I love are Rodney, Katt, and Twiggy. I dont know if Faith is unpopular, but she's on my island too and she's a total sweetheart.

Mine has to be Buzz.

He's a cranky eagle (well, technically a buzzard...) with a very simple design. But I think that simplicity and his constantly pissed-off expression makes him a great Cranky villager.

Fn8lClNaMAI5MZo

My favorite unpopular villager would be Pancetti because she is really sweet and adorable. I can't help but smile whenever she pops up on my screen, and I always enjoy chatting with her. Whether I'm in the mood for shopping, laughter, or just a friendly chat, she's always there to brighten my day.

Last edited:
I don't know just how "Unpopular" she might be, but I would say Carmen. I can't really recall ever seeing any posts about her on the internet. As far as peppy villagers go, I would say she is probably my most favorite.

Harry has to be one of the most if not the most unpopular villager in existance, but I love having him around as my island dad so much. He looks so awesome in the fathers day apron!View attachment 481399
Other unpopular ones I love are Rodney, Katt, and Twiggy. I dont know if Faith is unpopular, but she's on my island too and she's a total sweetheart.

I'm gonna argue that Rilla is the most unpopular villager :'( I think gorillas overall are hated by most, and because she is the Hello Kitty-themed one I think she gets extra hate bc people want a cat or someone "cuter." BUT I LOVE HER!!!! ♥

Fn8lClNaMAI5MZo

My favorite unpopular villager would be Pancetti because she is really sweet and adorable. I can't help but smile whenever she pops up on my screen, and I always enjoy chatting with her. Whether I'm in the mood for shopping, laughter, or just a friendly chat, she's always there to brighten my day.

Pancetti is adorable!! I don't get why people dislike her. She's on my island too and I made her house a bakery theme. I'll have to post pics sometime :)

I'm really torn between saying my favorite unpopular villager is Boyd or Buck. They were both random move-ins on my island and I grew to love both of them a ton. I think I lean more towards Buck because with the jock personality he is just such a character!

I love all of these answers and stories!

Maybe this would be better for a new topic, but how did you get your "unpopular" villagers that you love?

Snake and Diva were my starting villagers and I wasnt sure if I liked them at first. But they both grew on me and now I couldnt imagine my island without them.

Angus I found on a mystery island and fell in love with his huge eyes and orange color (one my favorite colors).

I have a soft spot for Nate the bear. He’s just super cute and I love his unibrow.
Along with Teddy.
I love the bear and cub villagers.

Definitely Ken the smug chicken, so underrated for a smug villager his design is amazing the whole "Ninja" chicken concept is so amazing I wish more people liked him over all the other popular smugs (Marshal, Julian, Raymond)...

Maybe this would be better for a new topic, but how did you get your "unpopular" villagers that you love?

LOVE this question! (and hearing your stories!)

For me, Boyd and Buck were two random move-ins for my island. I thought Boyd's design (with his two "horns" in his fur pattern above his eyes) was cool and he always lived away from everyone, which fit with his cranky personality. He has this gentle aura about him that I really love! And over time he has become our resident farmer, starting with a simple potato patch and how he has a full-blown farmland. He's an integral part of the island.

Buck really surprised me because I usually hate the jock personality. Maybe it was from having Julian in New Leaf that made me more open to a horse in New Horizons? I do know that his default house being kind of kid-ish made me see him as a dumb, lovable character who is a child at heart and I really grew to love that. He and Hazel (long-time resident of my first island who I moved over to this island soon after starting it) became fast friends and have a little sporty rivalry going, so I've come to love the two of them as BFFs.

Back