• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What part of the Nintendo Switch do you find to be the most disappointing?

The biggest disappointment for the system has been the lack of quirky Nintendo interfaces on the system. I adored the miiverse on the wiiu, participated in every single channel on the wii. There were so many fun and silly things you could do with the system that felt so distinctly Nintendo that was surprisingly missing on the Switch.

Another thing I'm disappointed in is the lack of variety in the Eshop music like the 3ds had. From 2011-2016 the eshop would get new music every few months. I miss that a lot.. If the 3ds can have 13 catchy eshop themes, then the switch can at least have one!
I still remember when Malo Mart played on the Eshop to promote the Wii U port of Twilight Princess lol. That was something else.

I also still can memorize the entire basic song.

For nostalgia's sake, I don't think I will remember much about the Switch tbh.

The joycon drifting; it started not even a year after i got my switch lite.

Also the bottom part where my charger goes. The cord won’t stay in since I guess dust or something got in it. I tried cleaning it by following instructions online but youtube videos and fixing things just doesn’t help me.

When they first announced Nintendo Switch Online I was disappointed because online play was free on the previous consoles while you had to pay for this one. I have the subscription still, but that's because I don't have much of a choice.

People here have commonly mentioned how the Switch's menus and stuff lost the playfulness that could be found in previous consoles. I do miss that, but I understand and respect the fact that this was because Nintendo was trying to prioritize functionality.

I guess that's all I don't like about the Switch. It's still a great console IMO. It had an innovative concept and a cool library (have not tried the remakes yet though). Some of my all-time favorite games (including ACNH and, yes, the infamous Pokemon Scarlet and Violet) are in there too. And let's not forget about my favorite Pokemon character...

It’s the joycon drift for me if we talk about physical aspects and the having to pay extra to play online if we talk about software. Imo for a device that’s that expensive, both these things are completely unacceptable. So you’re telling me these 60€ controllers I bought break after a few months of CASUAL animal crossing playing?? But the no-brand controller for 20€ somehow is more robust and hasn’t drifted once a year in?

And I have to pay more money on top of a horrendously expensive game so I can use your mediocre at best online service with servers from 1998? Be for real

Back