• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mafia The Franchise Wars- Town & TP Win!

hi Bianca, I'm here! my timezone is the opposite of yours, so it's 2.09 pm here. What else are you confused about / want to know more of right now?

Seroja, its just my biggest question really is because of these variations, i wanna know what is true or not...like if you are given a role, are they really true to that character or is there possibility they could lie..like i have to google and ask Kit if she is town Joat or mafia joat because wiki confused me...and i saw something about inno report on you? what is Inno report and who does this? lol and of course my biggest is what kind of cop kirby is? i dont want any surprises !!

- - - Post Merge - - -

hi Bianca, I'm here! my timezone is the opposite of yours, so it's 2.09 pm here. What else are you confused about / want to know more of right now?

and hi fellow replacee lol! are u voting or you are going to take advantage of pardon. i am thinking of pardon because it is so confusing at this moment. but as I said, I wanna know what Kirby will say before I decide

tbh i dont know whats going on with you and cleb and ayaya thats over my head lol and why they bringing it up lol. sorry!!

Seroja, its just my biggest question really is because of these variations, i wanna know what is true or not...like if you are given a role, are they really true to that character or is there possibility they could lie..like i have to google and ask Kit if she is town Joat or mafia joat because wiki confused me...and i saw something about inno report on you? what is Inno report and who does this? lol and of course my biggest is what kind of cop kirby is? i dont want any surprises !!

lol okay I'll try my best to answer as simple as I can.

1. There are 3 types of alignments in a mafia game. Town, Mafia, and Third Party. Town members only have their own roles. However Mafia may have safe claims. This means, they are given townie roles by the host that is not used by anyone else in the game, in case they want to fake claim.
2. If we assume that mafia in this game have fake claims, there is a possibility that Kit's role claim as a JoAT is false.
3. Inno report is short for innocent report. Which means, her inspection result of me last night returned as town (PMed to her by the host). Kit could either withheld this information or let town know. She decided to do the latter.
4. Kirby may not even know if himself what kind of cop he is. Crazy cop is uncommon though. So right now we're assuming that he's a normal cop.

and hi fellow replacee lol! are u voting or you are going to take advantage of pardon. i am thinking of pardon because it is so confusing at this moment. but as I said, I wanna know what Kirby will say before I decide

tbh i dont know whats going on with you and cleb and ayaya thats over my head lol and why they bringing it up lol. sorry!!

Hi!! I will be voting today. The pardon was for yesterday, not today. But maybe yours can be used for today, I don't know.

Regarding Ayaya/Cleb/Me:

1. Basically Cleb was pressuring Ayaya on Day 1 regarding her RQS answer. Ayaya was under a lot of scrutiny and was suspicious to a lot of people.
2. When I replaced, I made a post and in that post I mentioned that I was wary of Cleb and Ness.
3. I did not mention Ayaya in my post.
4. People became sus of me because they read it as me trying to throw shade at Cleb and Ness for pressuring Ayaya.

Basically, I was sus for not mentioning Ayaya at all when it was the hot topic at the time. However, I did mention Cleb so it was seen as me being selective in what I said and implicated me as Ayaya's scum partner. Hope that clears it up?

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop: withhold

Since this is a main game, I did not add any twists on any blue roles and not make them aware of it. Hope this clears up some confusion

lol okay I'll try my best to answer as simple as I can.

1. There are 3 types of alignments in a mafia game. Town, Mafia, and Third Party. Town members only have their own roles. However Mafia may have safe claims. This means, they are given townie roles by the host that is not used by anyone else in the game, in case they want to fake claim.
2. If we assume that mafia in this game have fake claims, there is a possibility that Kit's role claim as a JoAT is false.
3. Inno report is short for innocent report. Which means, her inspection result of me last night returned as town (PMed to her by the host). Kit could either withheld this information or let town know. She decided to do the latter.
4. Kirby may not even know if himself what kind of cop he is. Crazy cop is uncommon though. So right now we're assuming that he's a normal cop.

Hi!! I will be voting today. The pardon was for yesterday, not today. But maybe yours can be used for today, I don't know.

Regarding Ayaya/Cleb/Me:

1. Basically Cleb was pressuring Ayaya on Day 1 regarding her RQS answer. Ayaya was under a lot of scrutiny and was suspicious to a lot of people.
2. When I replaced, I made a post and in that post I mentioned that I was wary of Cleb and Ness.
3. I did not mention Ayaya in my post.
4. People became sus of me because they read it as me trying to throw shade at Cleb and Ness for pressuring Ayaya.

Basically, I was sus for not mentioning Ayaya at all when it was the hot topic at the time. However, I did mention Cleb so it was seen as me being selective in what I said and implicated me as Ayaya's scum partner. Hope that clears it up?

- - - Post Merge - - -

ebwop: withhold

Hi Seroja!! Thanks for the explanation, they really help although tell me if I am correct or not:

1. So Kirby and Kit and Kat could be fake claiming if they are mafia?
2. so if Kit is mafia and fake claiming, then her report on you is false? and if she is really JOAT, then you really are innocent! ( i hope the latter!)
3. same as #2 lol
4. well i hope Kirby says he is not crazy or it wasnt indicated he is...although to think about it ..i am not even sure if i can ask Kirby is crazy or not, considering it might breach some rule or something. I have to ask Damniel about that...

oh you are voting today!! okay! cool..i am still on the fence..but i am getting much better now...thank you for all the answers..

and omg , that explanation is perfect! i understand it now..and wow, you got sussed because of that? aww thats harsh!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Since this is a main game, I did not add any twists on any blue roles and not make them aware of it. Hope this clears up some confusion

Thanks Damniel, but one more question..You said you did not add any twists on any blue roles and not make them aware of it..so that means they might have twist on their roles and they know it now?

Thanks Dan! That's really helpful~

Hi Seroja!! Thanks for the explanation, they really help although tell me if I am correct or not:

1. So Kirby and Kit and Kat could be fake claiming if they are mafia?
2. so if Kit is mafia and fake claiming, then her report on you is false? and if she is really JOAT, then you really are innocent! ( i hope the latter!)
3. same as #2 lol
4. well i hope Kirby says he is not crazy or it wasnt indicated he is...although to think about it ..i am not even sure if i can ask Kirby is crazy or not, considering it might breach some rule or something. I have to ask Damniel about that...

oh you are voting today!! okay! cool..i am still on the fence..but i am getting much better now...thank you for all the answers..

and omg , that explanation is perfect! i understand it now..and wow, you got sussed because of that? aww thats harsh!

1. The possibility is there yep. But we must also look at their playstyle and content to determine their alignment. Right now Kirby is playing like his town self, so I believe his claim. Kat is also cleared, because even if she has a safe claim of Third Party (which I doubt) she wouldn't be told of Dolby's role name.

2. If Kit is mafia and has a role claim of JoAT then there should never be a report in the first place. Mafia knows what everyone's alignment is so she could be faking a report on someone she already knows is town. As I am town, I am inclined to believe that she is indeed the JoAT because she wouldn't stand to gain anything by clearing my name if she is mafia.

4. Daniel confirmed that Kirby is normal cop.

I am voting today yes. When Kirby first revealed his inspection result on FireNinja, FireNinja's response read as genuine to me. But seeing as he went MIA after that, and even dropped in just to say that he'd say something AFTER he wakes up is making me doubt his innocence. Depending on what goes later, I will probably just vote for him.

Also actually, sussing me for that reason is understandable and smart. But it should also be taken into account the situation/circumstance that I was in at that moment. Also, my emotional posts on Night 1 also fuelled their suspicions because apparently I'm not allowed to be defensive as town.

Thanks Dan! That's really helpful~

1. The possibility is there yep. But we must also look at their playstyle and content to determine their alignment. Right now Kirby is playing like his town self, so I believe his claim. Kat is also cleared, because even if she has a safe claim of Third Party (which I doubt) she wouldn't be told of Dolby's role name.

2. If Kit is mafia and has a role claim of JoAT then there should never be a report in the first place. Mafia knows what everyone's alignment is so she could be faking a report on someone she already knows is town. As I am town, I am inclined to believe that she is indeed the JoAT because she wouldn't stand to gain anything by clearing my name if she is mafia.

4. Daniel confirmed that Kirby is normal cop.

I am voting today yes. When Kirby first revealed his inspection result on FireNinja, FireNinja's response read as genuine to me. But seeing as he went MIA after that, and even dropped in just to say that he'd say something AFTER he wakes up is making me doubt his innocence. Depending on what goes later, I will probably just vote for him.

Also actually, sussing me for that reason is understandable and smart. But it should also be taken into account the situation/circumstance that I was in at that moment. Also, my emotional posts on Night 1 also fuelled their suspicions because apparently I'm not allowed to be defensive as town.

1. Sorry ...I do not know Kirby's play style so I am just gonna take your word for it : -). And kat, yes I don't think she is fake claiming as well...just gut instinct..well not really lol im kinda partial and believe her because she was so nice to me so yeah shallow i know but i get ya!

2. i am trying to make sense of that as well. if kit is mafia, why put that out on you and why? so yeah i think she is JOAT and she did tell me she is town JOAT because there is no such thing as JOAT mafia (which will really disconcert me!)..

4. See , thats what confuses me in the first place lol...because of this wiki which i asked originally before

"A Miller that knows they are a Miller and flips as such is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Miller returns a guilty result if investigated by a Cop, "Miller" if investigated by a Role Cop, and "non-Vanilla" to a Vanilla Cop. The Normal variant of Miller specifically only produces a false guilty to a Cop and Seer, so for example, a Gunsmith will see them as having no gun (unless they have a gun for some other reason)."

So if he is a miller as he claims to be , and kirby is a normal cop, im assuming "cop" , then he could be returned as guilty, even if he is townie

and about him leaving and MIA , idk how to read that, lol. But your right, it seems suspicious, and idk why he didnt get active once he knows about that but then again it could be really late lol...thats why i wanna know the time zones for everyone lol...

1. FireNinja1
3. Zendel
4. Amazonevan19
6. Seroja

Okay Henlo I'm back to being active I guess. I was in accident like yesterday so my activity was low. Mafia is probably between these players. Ill be a little lenient on Zendel because I don't think this is his mafia play but again wouldn't be surprised if he did manage to change it.

Honestly, If you are not going for a fire ninja lynch, your probably scum. A cop has claimed fn is mafia and people are debating to not to lynch them because you get less information? That's scummy and bad play. Evan is attempting to sway the lynch away from fn1, but brings up terrible reasons as to why imo. Kit as a highest priority just makes no sense to me, lynching a joat would do no good, considering that there are ways to confirm her later in the game. Yes, I lynch players for information, but first and foremost, I lynch to get scum.

Seroja is desperately trying to get attention on me which is obvious, but I don't see any real reasons to sus me? She said my vote for ness didn't help town at all. Idk if its a slip because I voted ness to avoid seroja, and ayayayaya from being lynched, so does you being alive not help town orrrrrr? Anyway, my view from day 1 have changed and seroja is probably scum and if she's not I'll eat my boot. Also she seemed pretty worried of fn1 being reached maj first. Like why would you risk me, an innocent townie over someone who was cop confirmed probably scum, it makes no sense.

Fireninja1 - mafia or unaware miller. I honestly won't be too disappointed if we lose a vanilla to find out who mafia is. For kirby to be lying it would be huge gamble for mafia. If he flips as vanilla townie and not a miller, kirby is confirmed scum. 100% JUSTIFIED LYNCH IMO. (OH SNap i have caps on)

lol im going back to sleep bye

1. FireNinja1
3. Zendel
4. Amazonevan19
6. Seroja

Okay Henlo I'm back to being active I guess. I was in accident like yesterday so my activity was low. Mafia is probably between these players. Ill be a little lenient on Zendel because I don't think this is his mafia play but again wouldn't be surprised if he did manage to change it.

Honestly, If you are not going for a fire ninja lynch, your probably scum. A cop has claimed fn is mafia and people are debating to not to lynch them because you get less information? That's scummy and bad play. Evan is attempting to sway the lynch away from fn1, but brings up terrible reasons as to why imo. Kit as a highest priority just makes no sense to me, lynching a joat would do no good, considering that there are ways to confirm her later in the game. Yes, I lynch players for information, but first and foremost, I lynch to get scum.

Seroja is desperately trying to get attention on me which is obvious, but I don't see any real reasons to sus me? She said my vote for ness didn't help town at all. Idk if its a slip because I voted ness to avoid seroja, and ayayayaya from being lynched, so does you being alive not help town orrrrrr? Anyway, my view from day 1 have changed and seroja is probably scum and if she's not I'll eat my boot. Also she seemed pretty worried of fn1 being reached maj first. Like why would you risk me, an innocent townie over someone who was cop confirmed probably scum, it makes no sense.

Fireninja1 - mafia or unaware miller. I honestly won't be too disappointed if we lose a vanilla to find out who mafia is. For kirby to be lying it would be huge gamble for mafia. If he flips as vanilla townie and not a miller, kirby is confirmed scum. 100% JUSTIFIED LYNCH IMO. (OH SNap i have caps on)

hi fn11, i hope you are ok!! be careful...i see your points...but its really honestly hard for me because i personally dont want to lynch for information, i want to lynch because they are mafia. so im baffled with some choices for lynching ...evan would sacrifice a townie kit (if confirmed town) to get info, and you would as well do sacrifice fireninja (if confirmed miller) to get info also. so i really dont know what kind of vote for this one..so i am basing it on facts as well. I would really feel so bad to kill what we are not supposed to kill.

Kit would be joat and not townie so it isn't the same.

oh i meant part of town right? she is counted towards the town count correct?

- - - Post Merge - - -

hi karen!! btw, fn11 and karen, what are your time zones. im glad some people are still up when I am lol

6:39pm

On the topic of mafia though, I still believe FireNinja should be lynched today

there is literally 0 reason not to lynch someone who got reported back as scum because you are banking on the fact a miller, an unaware miller that is, exists in this game

there is literally 0 reason not to lynch someone who got reported back as scum because you are banking on the fact a miller, an unaware miller that is, exists in this game

Well, the truth is how many roles are there in this game? This is the first time I hear these things, and I google them or ask people. I wish we know in the beginning what the roles are (i just learned of it today closed vs . open) so nobody can say they are this and they are that..because it confuses me to see many roles coming out! sorry lol im just like argh. what did i get myself into? but its fine...!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh i heard doc , vigilante, supersaint, and police before, but not JOAT and miller and veteran and framer lol are there more things I should be aware of ?

1. Sorry ...I do not know Kirby's play style so I am just gonna take your word for it : -). And kat, yes I don't think she is fake claiming as well...just gut instinct..well not really lol im kinda partial and believe her because she was so nice to me so yeah shallow i know but i get ya!

2. i am trying to make sense of that as well. if kit is mafia, why put that out on you and why? so yeah i think she is JOAT and she did tell me she is town JOAT because there is no such thing as JOAT mafia (which will really disconcert me!)..

4. See , thats what confuses me in the first place lol...because of this wiki which i asked originally before

"A Miller that knows they are a Miller and flips as such is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. A Miller returns a guilty result if investigated by a Cop, "Miller" if investigated by a Role Cop, and "non-Vanilla" to a Vanilla Cop. The Normal variant of Miller specifically only produces a false guilty to a Cop and Seer, so for example, a Gunsmith will see them as having no gun (unless they have a gun for some other reason)."

So if he is a miller as he claims to be , and kirby is a normal cop, im assuming "cop" , then he could be returned as guilty, even if he is townie

and about him leaving and MIA , idk how to read that, lol. But your right, it seems suspicious, and idk why he didnt get active once he knows about that but then again it could be really late lol...thats why i wanna know the time zones for everyone lol...

1. That's okay for now, but try to also use your own reasoning and also if anything about him that feels/seems off please let us know. That is the reason we make reads, to compare our thoughts on each player and see if we miss something.

2. There's no JoAT mafia but she could be just a mafia with a safe claim. Do you get this?

4. Kirby's inspection did return as red for FireNinja which could mean one of two things:
a) FireNinja is scum
b) FireNinja is Unaware Miller (meaning his role says he is Vanilla Townie, but he is actually a Miller)

Right now we're going for (a) because as Karen said, Unaware Miller is unlikely.

1. FireNinja1
3. Zendel
4. Amazonevan19
6. Seroja

I am so sorry that you got into an accident! I'm hope you're ok? Speedy recovery if you're injured!

Anyway, I like this post a lot. As stated in my reads on you, I liked your earlier post in Day 1 but the vote on Ness, and the reason behind that vote felt a bit forced to me. So I had you on null weakly leaning on mafia. Also I didn't know you had an accident so I chalked up your absence as mafia laying low. I agree on your points about Evan's logic for lynching Kit.

At the time I felt you were scummier, and also I admit I was swayed by FN1's confused post. But I wasn't worried about FN1 reaching majority first. I was worried that by reaching majority (on anyone at all) we would waste Day 2, because of that new rule Daniel put out. I'm still okay with an FN1 lynch because the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to lynch him today.

ps: be ready to eat your boots hun

Okay you've convinced me, I'll vote for him approaching the end of Day 2.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, the truth is how many roles are there in this game? This is the first time I hear these things, and I google them or ask people. I wish we know in the beginning what the roles are (i just learned of it today closed vs . open) so nobody can say they are this and they are that..because it confuses me to see many roles coming out! sorry lol im just like argh. what did i get myself into? but its fine...!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh i heard doc , vigilante, supersaint, and police before, but not JOAT and miller and veteran and framer lol are there more things I should be aware of ?

This game being a closed setup means we have no idea what roles are present in the game, unless until the players out themselves like what Kit and Kirby had done.

In my first game I didn't know much about roles either but I just focused on finding scum. If you haven't already read this, I suggest that you do. You'll get a general idea on how to read people's alignment by what they post and the way they do it. A General Guide to Mafia. I found it very helpful in my first game.

Hey! I can't stay for long as I'm in the car and I will most likely lose service in a bit, but from what I've gathered fn1 getting lyched is the smartest choice because he is either scum which will clear Kirby, unaware miller (which is unlikely) which I think clears Kirby (correct me if I'm wrong) or townie which makes Kirby look like a scum. Someone please tell me if this is correct please.

1. That's okay for now, but try to also use your own reasoning and also if anything about him that feels/seems off please let us know. That is the reason we make reads, to compare our thoughts on each player and see if we miss something.

2. There's no JoAT mafia but she could be just a mafia with a safe claim. Do you get this?

4. Kirby's inspection did return as red for FireNinja which could mean one of two things:
a) FireNinja is scum
b) FireNinja is Unaware Miller (meaning his role says he is Vanilla Townie, but he is actually a Miller)

Right now we're going for (a) because as Karen said, Unaware Miller is unlikely.

1. yes, i am trying that's why i am asking all these questions so i can read and so far thats my question on kirby and fireninja..

2. oh yeah, she told me because wiki said JOAT could be both mafia and town. so I am just confirming that in TBT, there are no mafia JOATs or town JOATS, just town :)

3. Again, millers and JOATs ...if one is unlikely, and then another could be unlikely too(who knows with this game until they are officially confirmed) ..that is why I am having a hard time because I would like evidence and I am looking at all angles but if evidence is strong , yeah totally lynch !!

- - - Post Merge - - -

This game being a closed setup means we have no idea what roles are present in the game, unless until the players out themselves like what Kit and Kirby had done.

In my first game I didn't know much about roles either but I just focused on finding scum. If you haven't already read this, I suggest that you do. You'll get a general idea on how to read people's alignment by what they post and the way they do it. A General Guide to Mafia. I found it very helpful in my first game.

Why isn't this pinned lol..but thanks yay!!

Hey! I can't stay for long as I'm in the car and I will most likely lose service in a bit, but from what I've gathered fn1 getting lyched is the smartest choice because he is either scum which will clear Kirby, unaware miller (which is unlikely) which I think clears Kirby (correct me if I'm wrong) or townie which makes Kirby look like a scum. Someone please tell me if this is correct please.

pretty much, yeah

1. yes, i am trying that's why i am asking all these questions so i can read and so far thats my question on kirby and fireninja..

2. oh yeah, she told me because wiki said JOAT could be both mafia and town. so I am just confirming that in TBT, there are no mafia JOATs or town JOATS, just town :)

3. Again, millers and JOATs ...if one is unlikely, and then another could be unlikely too(who knows with this game until they are officially confirmed) ..that is why I am having a hard time because I would like evidence and I am looking at all angles but if evidence is strong , yeah totally lynch !!

that's right but for now we'll just lynch FireNinja first. also don't worry about it too much, we can try and confirm the other claims later.

pretty much, yeah

that's right but for now we'll just lynch FireNinja first. also don't worry about it too much, we can try and confirm the other claims later.

Okay lol thanks! I'm not..im just trying to do it right and how it goes with MAFIA games. I mean Big Brother was more straight forward lol, and I felt good about it in the end, but this , this is a level of crazy I wasn't expecting.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have to sleep y'all good night..I spent waaay too much time on this forum today...and I am looking forward to everybody's post tomorrow. Right now, fn1 is on my radar definitely! this business with millers is just disturbing to me...and argh i don't wanna think anymore lol...

Back