• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

odd food combos you like?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
there's prob been a thread like this before, but not for a while so I wanna share my wacky food combinations w yall :)

I can't think of all of mine rn but here's my favorite one ever:

anything chocolate (cookies, cake, donuts, candy, etc) with water. yeah, most people like milk with their cookies, but I love eating chocolate chip cookies with an ice cold cup of water. and I'll eat chocolate cake, or a Hershey bar, or anything like that, with water. idk what it is abt the combo I like so much. but if I want myself to drink a lot more water all I have to do is eat a little something that's chocolatey along with it 🍫

Not really weird but I eat fries with barbecue sauce instead of ketchup.

I think I've already revealed this on another thread, but I refuse to eat french fries with anything except ranch dressing. The saltiness of the ranch plus the saltiness of the fries makes for an interesting experience. I always disliked ketchup and mustard anyway. The taste of them never sat right with me.

don’t know if this is weird but i eat pancakes with applesauce

not that weird to me, but my family always makes a face whenever i eat it, so — cheddar cheese and chicken. specifically chicken cold cuts and cheddar cheese on a sandwich. it’s delicious to me, but my parents think i’m gross lol.

Christmas meat pie (the ones my mom makes with cinnamon, clove and allspice) with vanilla or maple ice cream and maple syrup on the top. I'm not usually fond of meat or pie, but I like those once a year. It's something my grandfather was doing and the rest of the family just followed. Someone in my family like cereals with green onions, peanut butter and tuna or peanut butter & gochujang sandwich.

Well, there is this bag of frozen mesquite chicken breasts at the store we sometimes get. We pressure cook them in apple juice. It's really good.
That's the only thing I can think of right now, unless you think peanut butter on waffles is weird.

I think I've already revealed this on another thread, but I refuse to eat french fries with anything except ranch dressing. The saltiness of the ranch plus the saltiness of the fries makes for an interesting experience. I always disliked ketchup and mustard anyway. The taste of them never sat right with me.
I also only ever dip my fries in ranch dressing. it's amazing lol.
Post automatically merged:

not that weird to me, but my family always makes a face whenever i eat it, so — cheddar cheese and chicken. specifically chicken cold cuts and cheddar cheese on a sandwich. it’s delicious to me, but my parents think i’m gross lol.
that's not weird at all lol what
I personally love to get some crispy chicken strips and dip them in nacho cheese sauce 😌

I'm not sure if it's weird but I really love butter and noodles, or butter and rice. So simple but so yummy.

My husband loves sour cream with.... literally almost anything!

Bolognese sauce and rice (sticky jasmine rice kind).

Also black rice and avocado but might less strange haha.

i have mayonnaise with most savoury stuff known to the human race with the exception of toast

11/10 would reccommend. not many other exceptions tbh

• Barbecue sauce on burgers or hot dogs instead of ketchup or mustard. I’m not a big fan of most condiments, but man, I love barbecue sauce
  • Whipped cream on literally any dessert. Also works as a replacement for frosting. I can’t get enough of it!
  • This isn’t really a combo, but eating things like burgers or sandwiches plain or without sauce. I mentioned I don’t like condiments, and it always confuses people when I order at certain restaurants around them
I love hash browns with maple syrup. It's like a sweet and salty fried potato!
I thought I was the only one who did this! 10/10 definitely recommend

When I was younger, my favorite snack was corn chips with cream cheese. My nana would make it for me every time I went to her house. Honestly, I still really like it. I don't eat it as much anymore because it's unhealthy. Also when I was younger, I really liked ketchup sandwiches. It was just two slices of bread with ketchup. I was a weird kid.

I'm not sure if it's weird but I really love butter and noodles, or butter and rice. So simple but so yummy.

My husband loves sour cream with.... literally almost anything!
Butter & noodles was a staple growing up in my poor household! Lil bit of garlic powder and it was amazing. So filling. Butter & rice, too~

My favorite combo is cream of mushroom soup on white rice & chicken. Huge comfort food for me, I season the heck out of the chicken and put some of the juices from the chicken on the rice to sop it up. Then drown it all in mushroom soup and LOTS of it. Mmmm.

I like to dip chicken nuggets or chicken tenders in honey.

Also, this one is probably the strangest, but I like cheese and chocolate. I don't eat them together in the same mouthful, but I like them back to back. Cheese cubes and brownies, Cheetos and Oreos, nachos and fudge. I like it when they have similar consistencies and I always eat the cheese item first and the chocolate item directly afterwards.

Back