• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Need advice on picking villagers

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
Background: Shortly pre-Harry Potter, American author T.A. Barron released The Lost Years of Merlin, the first book in a five book series of the same name that covered Merlin's early years and coming into his power. The setting was an island called Fincayra, which is my island name, and is described as an in-between place, not quite Earth and not quite spirit world. So lots of magical creatures and whatnot.

I'm currently having villagers come and go, but my goal is to eventually have all my villagers be ones that would fit a medieval Europe fantasy setting. No knight villagers because the stories I'm pulling from don't have them.

For obvious reasons I plan on going with Phoebe, Drago, Julian. Another is Merengue, in reference to the second book which introduces a town of bakers. I might go with Avery because his design is the closest to an actual merlin bird of prey, and there is one in the books named Trouble who could definitely be described as cranky.

Beyond that I'm not sure who to pick for the remaining five. The stories include classic creatures such as dwarves and giants, dragons, references to merpeople, deer shapeshifters (Merlin even dates a deer woman in the books), and a few creatures I suspect the author might've made up himself. So at this point suggestions would be appreciated.

i think you should definitely consider deer villagers then! shino, deirdre and fauna might fit. especially shino. octopuses might be cool too (because merpeople yk), like marina or octavian. kiki could be good. colton can be a prince (if there is one in the book).

so yeah stab in the dark of villagers that might work?

I can't find any that fit into the creatures you stated and haven't been mentioned by @princess.looking.for.frog. Thinking generally of medieval Europe I come up with maybe some bull to represent centaurs? Like Rodeo. And maybe more normal animals like goats, or a hen to represent a basilisk, like Ken.

I'l keep looking into it !

I can't find any that fit into the creatures you stated and haven't been mentioned by @princess.looking.for.frog. Thinking generally of medieval Europe I come up with maybe some bull to represent centaurs? Like Rodeo. And maybe more normal animals like goats, or a hen to represent a basilisk, like Ken.

I'l keep looking into it !
yess bulls are great!

colton can be a prince (if there is one in the book).
Merlin would've been the prince in the books, except his dad went Vader when Merlin was very young and tween Merlin effectively deposed him in the first book. And at the beginning of the second book all the island's inhabitants decided against having a king again.

Back