• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

OG Players! Any Villagers Still on Your Island Since the Game's Release?

It's pretty cool to see a lot of users share who they once had! I still remember all the villagers I once had; it's burned into my mind for whatever reason:
  • Bud was my jock starter, and I thought he fit in with the game's aesthetic perfectly. He was the first one to move out, however, as I wanted someone else instead. Being that I already had nearly all my favorite villagers' amiibo cards before the game was released, I could move in my favorites fairly easily.
  • Rocket was my sisterly starter, and yeah, she isn't popular. I never liked her either; too much pink for my liking. I let her leave on her own, however, as I've never really wanted to force anyone to leave. I've only ever kicked out two villagers, both because I really, REALLY wanted to move one of my favorites in.
  • Rex was my lazy starter, and I thought he was pretty cool. I like his catchphrase (cool cat), and I find it funny that a lion out of all villagers would talk about doing nothing all the time. If memory serves me right, he was the one I found on my first mystery tour.
  • Coco was my normal starter, and she lasted a very long time solely because I found it amazing that I got her randomly. Eventually, however, I started to shift my focus on having my island look realistic, and I kicked her out earlier this year because she didn't match the theme I was going for. It was a good run with her, but I had to move on. I didn't have the same feelings for her as I currently do with Patty, so there's that.
  • Ken was my smug starter, and I sort of liked him, too. At the time, I wanted to move Apollo in, and did so when Ken wanted to leave.
  • My first cranky was Gaston, and I never really vibed with him. Shortly after he moved in, I started to want Tom for my next move-in, which happened after I let Gaston go.
  • Timbra lasted on my island for a grand total of 3 days. I never even kicked her out; she told me on day three that she had enough and wanted to leave. No big loss, as I was planning on moving Mallary in next anyways. All that's left of her existence on my island is a letter I've kept in my mailbox.
  • Jacques is probably the only villager I let leave solely because of me getting impatient. I wanted to get his photo, but it never happened. I tried everything, but nothing worked. After nearly three years, I'd had enough, and moved Poncho in. What does Poncho do afterward? Give me his photo. Poncho moved in on 1/8/23, and gave me his photo on 2/28/23. Just under TWO MONTHS! Then a record for me, subsequently passed by Kyle (41 days between moving in and giving me his photo).
  • I was in the process of moving Scoot in, when instead, I forgot to invite Scoot to the campsite two days in a row, and Antonio decided to fill his plot almost immediately. I decided to deal with the pain for a few weeks before deciding that I had enough, and kicked out Antonio to finish moving Scoot in.
  • Speaking of Scoot, I had him for about a year and a half, then one day, got tired of his antics, and made the decision to let him leave. So far, he's the only villager I regret letting leave. In my island's "cemetery", he gets two photos instead of one. I cared that much.
  • Apollo was a cool villager to have, and moved him in after letting Ken leave. Sometimes, however, he would wear dumb shirts that I never gave, and Isabelle tried her best to get him not to do this. I eventually let him leave and moved Lopez in, and that antelope is much better at following directions than Apollo, which is quite surprising.
  • I invited Bluebear because I thought she was super cute. She still is, but I replaced her with Dotty because that rabbit has my heart.
  • Skye was also another villager I thought was cute. A non-snooty wolf not named Audie. Unfortunately, I grew bored of her and let her leave.
  • I moved in Mott as he's a villager I once had on City Folk. What he's named after is also amazing, as it's something I actually like and know about (named after 70's English rock band Mott the Hoople; their bassist and drummer would form the band British Lions later in the 70's for a short time). Like Skye, I eventually grew bored of him and replaced him with Kyle.
You can kind of tell I was obsessed with this game if I clearly know the reasons why I moved out every villager I once had...

Last edited:
Most of them are OGs to my island. Rex, Skye, and Lolly were the first 3 villagers to move in (where you had to decorate the outside outside for Nook). I have a few others who are from super early in my island, but idk when they actually moved in. Those 3 are some of the first tho!

Bob and Mallary were also in my New Leaf town. Bob's my all-time favorite villager, so that comes as no surprise. Mallary was in my City Folk town, and I've made it a tradition to have her be a resident in all my future towns in newer games. Depending on how the next game installment will work, she'll most likely become a resident of my next town after I move Bob in again.

At the same time, I really want Punchy, but he's too similar to Bob in terms of personality and species. At the moment, he's a resident on my backup island on my old Switch, so that's good enough for now.
I get that. I had Walker on my NL town. He was one of the few I didn't bring over to NH because I grew to like Punchy. But having one of the lazy personality was enough for me since they kind of made their personality a bit too different for my liking. But I do still enjoy Punchy's design and some of his dialogue can be endearing when he's not talking about his gross habits and questionable hygiene lol.

I probably invited most of them for nostalgic purposes and less for any overall design.

I am an OG player since March 20th :)

Do you still have villagers that moved onto your island close to the game's release that are still living there today?

Yes I do I had Buck and Coco as my day ones. I have since let coco go but I have kept Buck with me ever since.

If you do, what's the reason why they're still around?

I kept my day one with me in New Leaf and I still have him in my game and I loved having a OG villager that was with me from the very beginning when my town was basic and new . I wanted to do the same with New Horizons have an islander with me from the start when my island was new and bare then have them with me as I build it up.

Have you become emotionally attached to them in a way?

Yes because I had a OG in New Lead that I became emotionally attached too I have also been like this with my OG islander in New Horizons. have I actually moved Bucks house closer to mine so I could visit him everyday.

Would you want them to become permanent residents in your town for the next game?

Yes I'd say so I actually ended up bringing my New Leaf day one villager on my island where he lives permanently. He also lives next door to my day on New Horizons islander.

My island is from release day and only 3 of my original 10 villagers are still on it: Zucker, Freckles, and Boomer. I grew to really like both Zucker and Freckles and decided to keep them as permanent villagers. As for Boomer, I also liked him, though I was hoping to replace him with Puck at some point which just never happened, lmao. As for whether or not they'll be permanent residents in the next AC for me, I honestly don't know! I don't think I'll actively seek them out, but if I happen to get the chance to get them organically (i.e. through the campsite like NH) then I'll probably do everything in my power to get them to join, lmao.

Since people noted their other original villagers, my other 7 were Biff, Rocket, Sandy, Beardo, Angus, Prince, and Gayle. Biff and Beardo were the only two who lasted more than a year on my island, though I did get rid of both of them before 2021 was over. I didn't mind any of them, I just wanted to keep bringing other villagers in to keep my island villagers fresh.

I have several!

Antonio the anteater was my starter jock, and as my favorite villager of all time, I had to let him stay.

Benedict the chicken was my random lazy move-in; I was meh on him at first but quickly grew attached.

Huck the frog was my forced smug camper. I actively disliked him initially, but pretty soon I found him hilarious and charming, so he’s been on my island ever since.

Honorable mention goes to Bubbles the hippo. She wasn’t my first peppy, but I know she moved in within the first 1-3 months of gameplay, so she’s still a very long-term villager for me.

I started my NH journey since March 19th, 2020, however I have restarted over 5 times yet I still remember the villagers I once had on the first island I owned.

The Villagers I got before I got K.K. Slider were:

• Sprocket
  • Mira
  • Gayle
  • Raddle
  • Piper (I believe)
  • Raymond (I was shocked to have him as my first camper)
  • Vic
  • Broffina
  • Cyd

The last one I simply can't remember, but I do remember these ones well.
November 2021 was the last year I restarted my island and the only villagers that I have that are still living on my island are Zoe, Ace and Ketchup. Though I'm thinking of replacing Zoe as she doesn't really fit my Citycore island vibes at all.

November 2021 was the last year I restarted my island and the only villagers that I have that are still living on my island are Zoe, Ace and Ketchup. Though I'm thinking of replacing Zoe as she doesn't really fit my Citycore island vibes at all.
Only Coco, she was one of my first five villagers.
I had Coco for a long time; she moved in a day after Patty did in March 2020. I kept her all the way up to May of this year, where I decided to replace her with Caroline. At that point in my island's existence, I was starting to aim for my island to be themed more realistically, so unfortunately she had to go. The reason I kept her for so long was because of how cool it was to have her as one of my starter villagers. I initially had no plans to move her out, but that sort of changed as time went by. Besides, I really wanted a normal squirrel villager, and Caroline was the one I picked. She's not going anywhere now.

I didn't start playing in the timeframe you're looking for (started in May 2020), but I'll still comment anyways if that's ok <XD
These were my first 6, and only Audie remains currently
2020042919294000_c.jpg
She is my oldest and most senior resident, was my starter Peppy, and my first Nook Mile Ticket ever. Audie became the first resident that my sister and I actually cared about, and it was her house space that we bothered to decorate out of our first 6. She's seen it all, she's met everyone that's come and gone, she's been there since the first bridge/incline was placed and when my island was as barren and flat as a pancake LOL
I'd say I'm definitely attached as there's memories and stuff with her in those early days 🥺 She's my second favorite villager in the game and I think I would invite her in the next AC 😊

No. I had a set of dream villagers in mind that I knew I wanted. None of them were villagers I started with. Luckily I hit the jackpot and had popular villagers randomly move in, so I could trade them for villagers I wanted.

My two very first starters were Sparro, which I liked a lot and had him for a long time, and Fuchsia who is my favourite uchi. I still have Fuchsia on my island now but at some time I moved her out and soon back in to reset her starter interior design which I didn't like. So basically she isn't my original starter Fuchsia but well... I had Fuchsia on day one and have Fuchsia now so it counts? Kinda?...

I have all the same villagers I started with. I started the game on launch day with Poncho and Phoebe, and I still have them. I had Poncho in City Folk and I would consider having him in the next game, but I think I like Hamlet slightly better in terms of Jocks. I'm really not too fond of Phoebe and I don't think I would want her again. There aren't many Sisterly/Uchi villagers that I like, but I'd probably prefer Agnes or Fuchsia. I've kept her around this long because I'm a pretty sentimental person.

I still have my original peppy and lazy starters—Flora and Bones. They’re also still in their starter houses because I don’t want to move them out and I haven’t unlocked enough in HHP to change their houses ahaha

Goldie (my second normal), Raymond (second smug), Genji (second jock) and Fang (first cranky) are still on my island! they’re probably the last of my OG 10 villagers

Goldie is my favorite so she’s never leaving!! I’ve grown attached to my villagers and Raymond is one of my bf’s favorites (who doesn’t have his own island) so I keep him around 😆

Nope. All of the villagers I originally had on my island have moved away.

But I do have the same villagers I currently have in town for almost three years.

Mine are:

Renee (from day one 💜)
Truffles (starter peppy, though i let her move out multiple times to make room since I have her amiibo)
Annalisa (starter normal, let go once, but welcomed back when I saw her on a villager hunt)
Flora (second peppy)
Purrl (first snooty, dreamie)

It's always fascinating to see those original villagers sticking around. It's a testament to the lasting charm of the game! As for making money, if you're looking for extra bells or even real-world cash, you might want to explore the best apps to make money fast. They can be a neat way to supplement your in-game earnings or add some extra cash to your wallet. Just remember to enjoy the game and your island life too!

Last edited:
I started playing the game in January and then I got bored with it, so I stopped playing it for a while. My starter villagers were Shari and Sheldon, and I really like them. When I picked up the game in August I ran into Shari and she said I was gone for 7 months. When I was recruiting villagers to live on my island I got Ozzie, Apple, and Melba. I ran into Marcel while doing this but I rejected him because he’s ugly. Raymond was my first campsite villager, and I didn’t know how popular he was at the time. Curt and Julia later showed up at my campsite and I added them to my island. At some point though when Curt asks about moving out I’ll let him go (I got a house for him in HHP, along with my other villagers) and replace him with Lyman. When I was visiting tropical islands to find villagers to fill up the final two slots, I got Lily and Bubbles. Everyone I mentioned here still lives on my island, and I don’t plan on having any of them move out. (Except for Curt)
Post automatically merged:

I also redid Curt’s house, and it looks so much better than his OG. I wish I could show you a photo but my phone refuses to connect with my switch. ☹️

Attachments

• IMG_3976.jpeg
    IMG_3976.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3974.jpeg
    IMG_3974.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3971.jpeg
    IMG_3971.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3972.jpeg
    IMG_3972.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3969.jpeg
    IMG_3969.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3970.jpeg
    IMG_3970.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3978.jpeg
    IMG_3978.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3977.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3975.jpeg
    IMG_3975.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I finally got my phone to connect with my switch. Here are the photos I wanted to post yesterday. Apple and Bubbles are practically best friends, so I had Bubbles be Apple’s roommate in HHP. I also had Gonzo move in with Curt.

Attachments

• IMG_4001.jpeg
    IMG_4001.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4002.jpeg
    IMG_4002.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4003.jpeg
    IMG_4003.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4004.jpeg
    IMG_4004.jpeg