• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on Antonio? or anteater villagers in general?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
I have this dude on my island and he's been there for quite a while now, and he's my last remaining villager left to move out to make room for my 10 dreamies. However, there's just something about him that makes me wanna keep him. I mean look at him!

I have never been a fan of any of the anteater villagers before... Let alone have any of them in my previous towns. I knew when I saw him that he would be one of the ones to go and make room for a dreamie, but now that he's the last one to leave, I just can't let him go! He's so cute!

What is your thoughts about this guy? Have you had him in your town/island before? How was it? Have you had any anteater villagers before? Do you like them?

Antonio is such a cutie! I think I had him in New Leaf and maybe Wild World as well. He’s my favourite anteater villager (aside from Lulu, rip girl I miss you 😔), he just has such a polite face, and I love his simplistic design! I totally get there being something about him that makes you want to keep him!

The only anteater villager I’ve had in New Horizons is Zoe, and she was so lovely to have around! I love her design a lot; the pink silk floral-print shirt she wears looks lovely with her ivory and turquoise design! I’m happy Nintendo decided to bring her back in the 2.0 update. ☺️

I honestly like the anteater villagers a lot, I think it’s a shame how underrated they are! I haven’t had either of them, at least not in New Horizons, but I also like Anabelle and Annalisa! Pango’s colours are so gorgeous to me as well.

Antonio is my favorite villager of all time! My AC best friend since 2006. I absolutely love long-nosed animals in real life, so all the anteaters are top-tier for me. I hope to have Annabelle, Cyrano, Pango, and Zoe in future towns someday.

If you’re attached to Antonio, I would vote you keep him. (Of course, haha.) I’ve always found that I enjoy having villagers I’ve naturally grown attached to over time more than ones I selected online based on looks alone.

honestly, i was never the biggest fan of the anteater villagers until i got zoe.

i wasn't super into her and eventually she moved out of my island and onto my mom's. that was when i found out that, when one of your villagers moves to a different island, they still remember you. i talked to zoe and she was super happy to see me and it was super cute. and i kind of started to love her.

she's not on my island anymore, but i have multiple copies of her amiibo card, so if i ever have a free spot, i might just move her back in.

He’s adorable! I know the anteaters aren’t “traditionally cute” or as popular as some villagers, but they have their own unique charm. The way they’re drawn reminds me of old-school anime like Sazae-San. (not sure why, but they do.)

I also like Olaf and Zoe.

i’ve had him in my campsite twice and each time i seriously consider kicking out one of my dreamies for him. he’s so gosh darn cute! if i make another island antonio is being my number 1 priority for a villager on it.

I have never run across Antonio but he looks great! And actually the two anteaters I have run across are wonderful!

2023122717005400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Zoe being incredibly cute in her vacation home.

2023122723375600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

And Cyrano, who I didn't plan to keep, has become one of my favorites. This isn't a quality picture of him, but I went into the game to take a picture of him just now for this thread, and he was oddly specific about addressing anteaters! Haha

I like the anteater villagers. My favorites are Antonio and Cyrano. If I do restart my second island I plan on having both of them there.

I love Antonio so much! It’s the cutest thing ever when he walks around with chocolate covered donuts and talks about his abs lol. He is one of my original two villagers and I’ve never moved him out! I have his amiibo, but I’ve found it’s never the same having another trying to replace the original.

Olaf is the other anteater I love, he is adorable and i need more space for villagers, just for him.

I never gotten into Anteater Villagers until I got Pango in New Horizons. Pango is my first and only anteater villager I’ve had and I love her

I think he's one of the better anteater villagers out there, though not one I'd keep.

Of all the others, the only one I happen to like is Zoe. I had her in my island for a couple of years until I realized she didn't fit my island theme (Citycore) at all. So I replaced her with Merengue who rather did.

Antonio is one of the better anteaters but I still don’t like him enough. I don’t like the anteaters, so I forget they even exist half the time.

I love antonio and I also really like olaf and anabelle and pango. I just normally don't aim for them as I would rather have others of their personality category. The down side to anteaters is that I feel they are a little less expressive compared to other villagers with an actual mouth. But the anteaters are pretty cute!!

I think he's cute! He was on my island for a bit early on, but I ended up letting him leave. There's another anteater on my island, Olaf, who I like more, and I didn't really need two anteaters. Also, I'm not really the biggest fan of the jock personality type, so having more than one of those is not pleasant for me, and I have Peck to fulfill the jock position on my island. In general, I do like the anteaters

I had Antonio at one point, though only for a brief time. I intended on having Scoot instead, but I forgot to scan his amiibo for two days in a row, and got Antonio randomly as a result. Despite me becoming frustrated, I never kicked him out as I decided to just deal with it until he naturally wanted to leave. Eventually it happened, so I let him go so that I could finish moving Scoot in.

I actually kind of like Antonio. I think he's the best-looking out of all the anteaters, however I don't have many positive opinions on them. Consider me a lookist, but there's just something about their noses that bothers me. They don't have visible mouths, which doesn't leave much room for cool reactions. Tom Nook, Timmy & Tommy, and the Ables can get away with it as their noses look more natural. At least Antonio is made up by the fact that he's got decent features. I even thought that the shirts he wore before NH always had custom zebra sleeves, which I thought was cool, despite my theory being completely wrong.

In short, I wouldn't have an anteater as one of my main villagers, except maybe Antonio. There's much better types to choose from in my opinion.

Antonio is a cutie, I love his natural colors. He's probably the most naturally colored one out of the anteaters

I'm a bigger fan of Cyrano and Olaf personally. Cyrano with his freckles and big eyebrows. What a handsome Boi. Hes got that karate master vibe, I'd room him with Walt in a heart beat. Blue and yellow is epic, adorable tail colors. He's so darn precious.

Probably the only one who likes Olaf. But I love Olaf's fluffy white tail, coloring, and default outfit. He's just such an underrated cutie ♡♡ He's also rocking some eye liner. What's not to love about him
--
Hopefully more people will open up to Anteaters. I barely run into them myself. They don't visit my campsite very much.

Last edited:
Ithere's just something about their noses that bothers me

I would have agreed with you until I got Cyrano as a villager. Then I realized they are pretty unique! After having Cyrano for quite a while, I love having an anteater on my island. But I do understand your point about not having a visible mouth.

On a "lookist" level, I personally would never want a gorilla villager. But if I ended up with one, I would probably love him/her after all.

As far as Antonio goes, his colors really are great, but I have never been a fan of jocks. Which brings me back to Cyrano. I love em cranky.

I would have agreed with you until I got Cyrano as a villager. Then I realized they are pretty unique! After having Cyrano for quite a while, I love having an anteater on my island. But I do understand your point about not having a visible mouth.

On a "lookist" level, I personally would never want a gorilla villager. But if I ended up with one, I would probably love him/her after all.

As far as Antonio goes, his colors really are great, but I have never been a fan of jocks. Which brings me back to Cyrano. I love em cranky.
You know what, Cyrano is actually alright. I even roomed him with Rocco in HHP, and the two fit very well with the construction theme I made for the latter's house.

HHP Rocco & Cyrano.jpg

I also think this was the best interior I made for HHP thus far.

Back