• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

OG Players! Any Villagers Still on Your Island Since the Game's Release?

TN4U

Lone Wolf of the Starfields
Bells
Island
Wahu
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Green Crescent Moon
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Thought I'd ask the OG players who bought the game in March 2020 (like myself) and are still on their original island:
  • Do you still have villagers that moved onto your island close to the game's release that are still living there today?
    • If you do, what's the reason why they're still around?
    • Have you become emotionally attached to them in a way?
    • Would you want them to become permanent residents in your town for the next game?
In terms of a time period, I'm mainly wanting to see villagers that moved onto islands between March 20th, 2020 and April 20th, 2020 that never moved out.

For me, Patty is still on my island after being one of the first 5 random villagers to move in back then, and is the last random villager I have left (the other nine I have were all invited by campsite). Originally, I wasn't planning on keeping her, but for some reason, Patty grew on me the most out of all the random villagers I've ever had in the series. I believe the reason why this is, is because of the amount of time she has spent on my island. Every event I experienced for the first time in the game, she was there for. Every villager that came and went, she saw. She knows my island better than my other villagers. There's an emotional attachment with her now, and letting her go would be very difficult for me to allow. Yes, I somehow care a lot about a fictional talking animal. When the next game comes out, however, I'll most likely want to find someone else, as I do want to try and cycle through some villagers I like that I've never had before.

Here's a photo of my Resident Services completion, taken all the way back on March 29th, 2020, and as you can see, there's Patty in all her glory. The only other resident that lasted more than a few months was Coco, and she eventually moved out on May 18th, 2023:

Resident Services Ceremony.jpg

No most of them are gone. The villagers I had on my older island way back in 2020 before it was deleted were:

1. Antonio
2. Rocket
3. Nate
4. Patty
5. Skye
6. Eugene
7. Anabelle
8. Charlise
9. Shari
10. Dobie

383220095_677011804393171_5891801478369549915_n.jpg

This pic from my original New Horizons town,Gilligan,is dated 4/1/2020.I still have everybody here except for Octavian and June.Katt and Dom were my starter sisterly and jock,Sherb was my original random lazy,Raymond was my first camper and I found Audie on a mystery island and she was my original peppy.I moved in Annalise,Joey and Tutu via Amiibo card.

I'm kind of surprised that I've kept these eight villagers for this long.I tend to move villagers in and out quite a bit.Joey and Tutu were two of my favorites from New Leaf so they weren't going anywhere.I never had Katt and Annalise before but wound up liking both of them a lot and Raymond,Audie,Dom and Sherb were all brand new villagers for ACNH but they all grew on me in a short time.

flora's I think the only one left of my original 10. so original that she even had the starter house interior design, which in her case I think actually looks better than her actual interior

I've since updated it into a sort of v2 look, with a heavy pink emphasis, but the core idea of it is still there imo

my first 10 villagers were kid cat, tammy, piper, pekoe, prince, bertha, shep, julia, zucker and octavian, and they all moved out eons ago. i was originally planning on keeping kid cat and zucker permanently, but plans changed and there ended up being villagers that i wanted to have and keep more, and as much as i would like to, i sadly don‘t have room for all of my favourites :’)

the closest that i have to an OG villager is audie, who moved in just under 3 weeks after the march 20th - april 20th, 2020 timeline on may 10th. she’s a 100% permanent resident, and won’t be going anywhere. she was the one villager that i absolutely needed to have, and her randomly showing up in my campsite after a bad day is a memory i’ll never forget 🧡 i even booted out one of my OGs for her (sorry bertha LOL).

I still have most of my original villagers. Well not exactly, but I kept most and invited the rest from the villagers from my NL town and I haven't moved out any of them. They've all been here since launch month. From the original islanders that started the game with me I still have Hazel and Tank is gone. At least I think it was Tank.

Flora, Margie, and Punchy are still there to and they were the 3 island hopping villagers. But I got rid of the cranky and smug. I think those were Hopper and Colton.

This pic from my original New Horizons town,Gilligan,is dated 4/1/2020.I still have everybody here except for Octavian and June.Katt and Dom were my starter sisterly and jock,Sherb was my original random lazy,Raymond was my first camper and I found Audie on a mystery island and she was my original peppy.I moved in Annalise,Joey and Tutu via Amiibo card.

I'm kind of surprised that I've kept these eight villagers for this long.I tend to move villagers in and out quite a bit.Joey and Tutu were two of my favorites from New Leaf so they weren't going anywhere.I never had Katt and Annalise before but wound up liking both of them a lot and Raymond,Audie,Dom and Sherb were all brand new villagers for ACNH but they all grew on me in a short time.
It's kind of cool you were able to get many of the new villagers this way before their amiibo cards came out. I'd be very jealous of you!

flora's I think the only one left of my original 10. so original that she even had the starter house interior design, which in her case I think actually looks better than her actual interior

I've since updated it into a sort of v2 look, with a heavy pink emphasis, but the core idea of it is still there imo
Patty's house on my island is still the starter design, though I have changed the outside at some point. Ironically, her house's interior is the only one I haven't touched with the HHP feature. Everyone else's interiors got complete overhauls (except Dotty's, all I really did was change the color design from green to blue, as I already liked her layout the way it was). That will probably change, however, as her yard is farm-themed and I really should change her interior to be themed the same.

If you're curious, this is what I did to Dotty's house. The basic layout is still there, just with blue colors instead of green:

Dotty's New House.jpg

I still have most of my original villagers. Well not exactly, but I kept most and invited the rest from the villagers from my NL town and I haven't moved out any of them. They've all been here since launch month. From the original islanders that started the game with me I still have Hazel and Tank is gone. At least I think it was Tank.

Flora, Margie, and Punchy are still there to and they were the 3 island hopping villagers. But I got rid of the cranky and smug. I think those were Hopper and Colton.
Bob and Mallary were also in my New Leaf town. Bob's my all-time favorite villager, so that comes as no surprise. Mallary was in my City Folk town, and I've made it a tradition to have her be a resident in all my future towns in newer games. Depending on how the next game installment will work, she'll most likely become a resident of my next town after I move Bob in again.

At the same time, I really want Punchy, but he's too similar to Bob in terms of personality and species. At the moment, he's a resident on my backup island on my old Switch, so that's good enough for now.

I still have Flo on my island . She started with me and is never leaving. I recently brought back Buck who was the other villager I had started with. I had missed him so brought him back as a permanent villager. The original Buck is long gone. Aurora and Wade are the other two who have been here the longest. They arrived on Serenity in Aug of 2020. They are also permanent villagers.

Almost all my villagers except Tasha were with me since the first year of release. I also still have my first five:
- Scoot and Ursala were my seaplane buddies
- Jambette was my first mystery island invite from my first ever island visited
- Erik and Tabby were the first random plot move ins because I forgot to continue mystery island hopping
I don't remember the real order of the rest, but Hamphrey I got through island hopping, Dizzy and Ken were through Amiibo cards, and Cyd was through trading. My latest Tasha was also through Amiibo card.

I'm kinda lazy with villager searching so it was just convenient that I grew to like this bunch and had no intentions of making an island based on villager aesthetic or theme. It was also great that the last update allowed us to change their interiors and exteriors because that really helped me to create better communities for my long timers. But no, if there was a new installment then I wouldn't try to get the same villagers - I would play the same way as I did ACNH, be open to whoever moved in and just use amiibos to get my main dude Dizzy.

Reneigh would be my closest OG villager. She was my first mystery island that I found and I've kept her ever since.

Poncho was one of my starters that I really liked a lot and even felt torn on whether I should let him go. Ultimately I did but when I found him on HHP, I built him a funny vacay home/establishment. So I felt a bit better since I like my current lineup.

I try not to be stuck to the starter villagers cause I like to explore them all as random move-ins, campsite or mystery islands. It's like blind boxes and you'll never know who you'll get.

My first 10 villagers were Rod, Frita, Gayle, Lucky, Bianca, Curlos, Sterling, Axel and Curt. The only one OG villager I have is Sterling. I had him in New Leaf and I really wanted him in NH, and boy am I glad that I found him real fast from island hopping.

I really like this concept and design. He's my all-time favorite villager, along with Rolf. So I want him to be a permanent villager. Even on future games.

Sherb was my first lazy boi ♡ I've had him for a very long time, and Im so happy hes not living in dirt anymore.

honestly everyone but Lopez, Bruce, Chief, Toby, and Sasha, have been with me the longest (Static, Marshal, Kid Cat, Raymond) they have basically been there since the begining.

Claude is my only original lazy villager left, I remember finding him on my 3rd ticket. I almost didn't get him because of the at the time dirt floor, but since I did find him and did not have his card at the time. I took him in and pretended that he lives in the town 's shed.

Thank goodness for the update.

Though not the originals, I now had Sally, Static, Francine, Genji, Hazel, Marshal and Sylvana for the longest. Poppy would have, but I moved her out one time and Nibbles moved in early this year; because I wanted a Peppy villager again.

And yes, I am very attach to them..it was hard to move out Poppy the first time and Cally /Ione/Sasha too.

Last edited:
I started my island mid-May 2020!

Two starter villagers
Agnes and Louie were my sisterly and jock starter villagers, and they're both still on my island! 💖 I never did convince Louie to place a bed in his house, despite gifting him many.

Three furnished lots
The next three villagers to move in were Rhonda (normal), Tabby (peppy) and Rodeo (lazy). I still have Rhonda! I'd love to see Tabby again, because she is so cute. My only memory of Rodeo is that he yelled at me for pushing him around the edge of the cliff (the view was obscured, it wasn't on purpose 🥺). 😭

Campsite villager
My campsite villger was Quillson (smug), and I feel terrible saying it, but we just didn't really vibe, 🥺 and also, he wants to be a DJ.

Remaining villagers
I adopted Patty from someone who hated her (I think she may have been my 9th or 10th villager). She was gifted a bunch of clothes (but they were cute), and talked about her previous island for a while, which I actually thought was really cute! I adore her, and she's still on my island too. ❤️ I'm honestly not quite sure who filled out the remainder of the first ten villagers!

Last edited:
I currently have 6 of my original villagers left from that time period: Ken, Katt, Mitzi, Rizzo, Rory, and Cherry. Ken was my first campsite villager, and Katt was a Miles Island find when I was still filling my first 10 spots. Mitzi was the first villager I moved in via Amiibo, and Rizzo was the second. Rory and Cherry were my starting villagers and I've kept them this whole time, complete with their original generic homes. Maybe one day I might finally get far enough into HHP to be able to redecorate their houses, but I don't see that happening any time soon. While I wouldn't mind having Ken, Rory, or Cherry in my town in any future games, I wouldn't go out of my way to get them either, since the main reason I still have them is because they were there from the very beginning. Katt is a great villager though that I would likely Amiibo in early on in my next town, and Mitzi and Rizzo are my top two villagers so there is no doubt I'd Amiibo them into any future town in a heartbeat.

The two villagers who were aboard the plane with my main character, Ursula and Snake, have been gone for years.

However, Annalisa, Bella, and Tucker, my initial Normal, Peppy and Lazy villagers, are still on my island. I purposefully sought out those three on the Nook Miles Islands because I knew I wanted them to be permanent residents. I didn't know at the time that they'd have personality-assigned home interiors as opposed to their own individual interior designs, I thought that was just a thing with the initial Jock and Sisterly, or I wouldn't have gone this route. Regardless, since we can just edit their homes now it's not a big deal. I might eventually replace Annalisa with Savannah as the island's Normal resident, but I'm not 100% on it, so we'll just have to see. Bella and Tucker will stay though.

They all, in some way, tie into the island's theme of celebrating humanity's various cultures throughout history. Annalisa and Bella are tied to the island's name, Poveglia, which is a real island in the Venetian Lagoon of Italy, which was a quarantine zone for the plague throughout the centuries and supposedly has upwards of 100,000 victims buried there and is supposedly haunted. Bella being a reference to the rats that carried the fleas which spread the plague, while Annalisa's design makes me think of a plague doctor's mask. As for Tucker, he's a representative of prehistory.

I'm not emotionally attached to them since they're just unique skins over the skeletons of their personalities (the same with all the other villagers), but I have Tucker as the best friend of one of my human residents.

I don't intend to have any of them as residents in the next Animal Crossing game because I don't repeat villagers throughout the different games. I want to experience more of the animals instead of having the same ones again and again.

Last edited:
I got my own island in July of 2020 so I’m on my original island and I still have Hazel, Nate, Freckles, Tipper, June and Ike of my originals

My first 10 were Reneigh, Cobb, Pinky, Fauna, Rodeo, Marshal, Ellie, Wolfgang, Yuka, and I think Cole. Of those, I only have Marshal and Wolfgang left. I got really lucky with Marshal because he's the only smug villager I really like and he was my first campsite visitor.

I do not have any of the first ten villagers I had. But I think I can remember them all...

My starters were Coach and Kat. The first eight that moved on after I started were Rex, Merry, Marina, Hippeaux, Tammy, Soleil, Groucho, and Canberra.

Out of all of them, Merry lasted the longest - she moved out on 1/18/22. But I did have Coach for a second time, although he's gone again haha.

Out of my villagers I have now, Fang has been on my island the longest, and he moved in on 2/05/21. He's my one and only permanent villager; I shall never let him leave.

Back