• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

OG Players! Any Villagers Still on Your Island Since the Game's Release?

Thought I'd ask the OG players who bought the game in March 2020 (like myself) and are still on their original island:
  • Do you still have villagers that moved onto your island close to the game's release that are still living there today?
    • If you do, what's the reason why they're still around?
    • Have you become emotionally attached to them in a way?
    • Would you want them to become permanent residents in your town for the next game?
In terms of a time period, I'm mainly wanting to see villagers that moved onto islands between March 20th, 2020 and April 20th, 2020 that never moved out.

For me, Patty is still on my island after being one of the first 5 random villagers to move in back then, and is the last random villager I have left (the other nine I have were all invited by campsite). Originally, I wasn't planning on keeping her, but for some reason, Patty grew on me the most out of all the random villagers I've ever had in the series. I believe the reason why this is, is because of the amount of time she has spent on my island. Every event I experienced for the first time in the game, she was there for. Every villager that came and went, she saw. She knows my island better than my other villagers. There's an emotional attachment with her now, and letting her go would be very difficult for me to allow. Yes, I somehow care a lot about a fictional talking animal. When the next game comes out, however, I'll most likely want to find someone else, as I do want to try and cycle through some villagers I like that I've never had before.

Here's a photo of my Resident Services completion, taken all the way back on March 29th, 2020, and as you can see, there's Patty in all her glory. The only other resident that lasted more than a few months was Coco, and she eventually moved out on May 18th, 2023:

View attachment 514420
Such a weird coincidence- I’ve had Patty in my New Leaf town since I started it! Only villager that stayed the whole time.

I have both of my starters still (Rudy and Fuchsia) I ended up falling in love with both of them, and they still have their starter houses.. *sigh* lol

Back