• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

OG Players! Any Villagers Still on Your Island Since the Game's Release?

I've played since release day myself and just recently let go of my last starter; Hornsby, literally just 2 weeks ago. Only reason is due to wanting an all avian island so sadly he had to go.

The one I've had the longest as of right now is, Robin and Sparrow.
I've had them since 2020 due to having their amiibo cards I was able to get a good few I wanted straight away pretty much.

I still got Frita as my starter villager and Sprinkle as my first mystery island villager! honestly at this point I'm so attached to them I wouldn't trade them for anyone else (sunk cost fallacy and all that)

No complaints since they're both so very adorable 🥰

i don't think mine entirely counts, but i've had monty the cranky monkey since before k.k. slider showed up to my island. he wasn't a starter or one of the 3 villagers i found, he just moved in by chance as i was getting more plots so k.k. would show up. i originally didn't have a strong opinion on him, however over time he grew on me TREMENDOUSLY and i can't bear to let him go LOL

i must say, he has a pretty nice house!

I like to let my villagers move out once I have their pictures and let the plots auto fill because I like getting to know villagers I wouldn’t have normally picked. That being said, the two villagers I’ve had from almost the start is Raymond and Willow.

Raymond was my 3rd or 4th move in. I wasn’t particularly looking for him but when I found him on the islands on my 3rd ticket I felt so lucky I had to take him home. I’ve debated letting him go a few times, because whilst he’s nice he’s not my favourite, but I just felt like it was throwing my golden ticket in the bin. People had spent literally weeks searching for this bunch of pixels, how could I be so ungrateful to have him? He has grown on me since then and I keep him around for sentimental value of a time the world was locked away and everyone went mad over a cat in glasses.

As for Willow, I traded for her pretty early on. She’s my favourite villager so I had to have her and she’s never going anywhere. :D

People had spent literally weeks searching for this bunch of pixels, how could I be so ungrateful to have him? He has grown on me since then and I keep him around for sentimental value of a time the world was locked away and everyone went mad over a cat in glasses.
I actually laughed reading that sentence because it's so true. I like Raymond as well, but agree that the hype over him back then was sort of unnecessary. I had a similar situation with Coco, as I kept her for over three years because of her unique appearance. I eventually decided to let her go because the sentimental value had completely worn off after that period ended. It was for the best; I'm happy having Caroline now.

I still don't have ten villagers on my island, but Cherry is the one who've stuck with me from the very beginning! Cherry is my favorite villager EVER and I knew that I had to have her as one of my starting villagers, so I restarted a few times before getting her.

Back in New Leaf, Cherry moved into my first ever town and she moved pretty close to me. At this point of time, I didn't really mind and I instantly fell in love with her the moment she moved in! She was so cool with her furniture and layout and I just thought it was so neat to me to have a punk tomboy-ish girl in my town. Ever since then, I always make it a habit to include her in every town I have.

In the next game, you can bet your peaches that she's going to be living in the same town as me!!

i restarted a few weeks after the game’s release because i misunderstood how naming the island worked and i got a new switch (wanted to name my island “an island” so i put “an” thinking island automatically tagged on the end). but i had teddy as the automatic jock and i immediately got him back on my restart; he’s still here! i also kept bluebear on my current save as the default peppy villager.

i’ve had my island since launch and i’ve also kept my sparro since then! at first i kept both of my starters, sparro and mira, but eventually i moved mira off my island.

i grew attached to sparro because while he is a jock, he still showed a personality outside of that heh

sparro has definitely become a permanent resident on my current island but i would like to get another bird for the next game! i already have sparro and jitters together so maybe not another jock bird haha

I didn't get ACNH until nearly a year after release, but I've changed my villager lineup a lot in the time that I have had it. The only villager out of the OG ten that I still have is Audie.

I do! I lucked out with my first camper being Marshall, so he's still around on my island. After him, I used amiibos to get the 3 I wanted most, being Kiki, Bluebear and Clay. Kiki was my favourite villager in Wild World. I time travelled in Wild World and lost her though and was heartbroken. Bluebear was my favourite villager in City Folk, and she's still there in City Folk. Clay was my favourite villager in New Leaf, and he's still in my New Leaf town. So I still have 4 of my original 10, which I think is pretty good going. I kept hold of Pheobe one of my original 2 for a long time too, but gave her up.

Olaf was my first campsite villager, and he's been on my island ever since! I didn't like that him much as first, but he grew on me

yes, Biff and Pashmina are still both on my island

I do have my original island I had when the game was released, however all the villagers I have now are from amiibo cards... I can't think of a single original villager I had! I'm sure they were all horrible lol

Do you still have villagers that moved onto your island close to the game's release that are still living there today?
Yes! I became very attached to about half that moved in within the first 10 villagers. June, Hazel, Klaus, and Paula. I actually moved Hazel to my second island for a looooong time and moved her back pretty recently because I wanted to condense to 1 island and my Day 1 island won between the two.

If you do, what's the reason why they're still around?
  1. June - my first NMT island and I instantly fell in love with her. I had never seen her before (stopped playing NL before the amiibo update) and I thought she was the cutest. Plus her catchphrase being "rainbow" and her name being Pride Month??? Icon!!!!
  2. Hazel - I was determined to love her and that love has been everlasting. She has so much personality and I think she's one of the most interesting villagers out there.
  3. Klaus - my forced campsite villager, I was originally so upset with him but really came to love him. He's also got so much personality in his design for a game that definitely lacks the personality through dialogue.
  4. Paula - I did NOT like her at first, but she was one that I just didn't kick out right away and over time I loved her personality, so now she's there forever.
Have you become emotionally attached to them in a way?
Absolutely! All four of them are staples on the island, and when I did my aforementioned condensing, I brought over a couple from my second island that I grew to love (Buck and Boyd ♥)

Would you want them to become permanent residents in your town for the next game?
Nope! I do not like the idea of "I've had them in every town/a past town, I want them in the next one" mindset bc I think it just leads to people being disappointed in one way or another since the character won't be 100% exactly the same.

Kiki, only because she's a requirement in all my towns/islands and I will never play a game without her in it lol! I used her amiibo to get her, so she wasn't part of my original set, which I don't remember, but she has been there since the start of the game, which for me is May 2020.
*edit* realized I posted here already lol whoops, same answer tho

I guess I shouldn't be allowed to say since I am not "OG", but I will definitely keep my random move-in Sherb. I can't live without him on my island!

I still have 2 of my original 10 - Puddles and Benjamin. I'll probably keep them forever.

In the beginning, I was thinking to cycle through all of them, move them in, get their photo, move them out - and gradually I'd find the ones I wanted to keep, eventually settling on a great group of 10.

But now, the completionist in me has completely given up, so I'm just moseying my way toward 10 villagers I really want on the island.

On my original island, I kept Apple and Biskit ever since the tutorial. (Obviously they're nyot there nyow, because that island isn't there nyow, but still.)

I still have one of my starter villagers, its phoebe. I kept her because she matches my bird only island. I havent really gotten attached to any of my villagers so i dont see myself keeping them in the next game lol 💩

Back