• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Koopa's kave: a safe place where i can draw, write and more ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿข

Should I make the Thanksgiving event?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please don't

• Don't have a opinion/Don't care

• Total voters
I had some angel cake earlier today, and it was delicious, and idk why but I started thinking of Merengue, so I decided to draw her! She's having a blast in the land of sweets!
39fd262d-7c7d-4617-adf1-5364b41c10c8.png

For this one, I wanted to stick with using markers to give it a more whispy look. I honestly really like drawing villagers like this, I think I'm ready to start taking requests for these, if anyone's interested, for free of course ๐Ÿ™‚

I had some angel cake earlier today, and it was delicious, and idk why but I started thinking of Merengue, so I decided to draw her! She's having a blast in the land of sweets!View attachment 498621
For this one, I wanted to stick with using markers to give it a more whispy look. I honestly really like drawing villagers like this, I think I'm ready to start taking requests for these, if anyone's interested, for free of course ๐Ÿ™‚
This is adorable. ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ’– This has to be one of my favourite pieces! She definitely has that whispy look to her, which I think suits her really well! ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’–

This is something I've been meaning to do for a bit, and it's me giving a little insight into how I made the story in my sig! I was originally going to put this on the explain your avatar thread, but I feel like it would be too long of an explanation lol

Also, a minor spoiler warning for the story, if you haven't checked it out yet, I recommend you do before reading ๐Ÿ™‚
6c9c9888-32be-456c-a096-b7bfa699066c.png

So, believe it or not, I've been wanting to make a story about animal crossing villagers for a while, but I never knew where to start with that lol. I also recently watched someone do a playthrough of Super Mario Galaxy on YouTube, and I was partially inspired by Rosalina's story from that game. I also remember seeing Fang's Sterling Cookie in the cookie shop in pocket camp once, so that's where the lavish party theme came from. And of course, being a King Koopa story, it had to have some wolf villagers in it! (Fun fact: If you couldn't tell already, the Wolves are one of my favorite villager species, along with Eagles, Squirrels, and Tigers, and i'm hoping to one day have a whole town or island full of wolves one day in new leaf or new horizons) I also wanted to include some callbacks to things in the series, like how Whitney was in the animal crossing movie, and how Vivian didn't return to the series until the welcome amiibo update with her RV. These things serve as a nice homage to the games+the movie, and I thought it would help build the character of Whitney and Vivian more. I also decided on adding the Kitsune to the story to add a little element of fantasy to the story as well. A story with a Kitsune is another thing I've been wanting to do for a while, so I decided to combine these two concepts, and I like how they turned out! I honestly like making stories about ac villagers, I find it really fun! I also have another villager story in the works, this time about the desert island escape minigame in the welcome amiibo update of new leaf.

I was a little bored, and I found these little drawings of some of my favorite villagers in different seasons I made a while back, so I decided to post them now with a little story! So it's kinda like a mini story of seasons!
e180c019-94e1-4005-a1b9-74d479902644.png

In the winter, Fang enjoys drinking some hot coffee, and camouflaging with the snow so people don't see him so he can drink his coffee in peace. ๐Ÿบโ˜•

For this one, I think I took inspiration from Fang's pocket camp bio, which said that he used to always wear white until people complained that he was invisible in the snow, and I figured maybe Fang did this so that he could avoid unwanted interactions with people. (which is something I wish I could do irl lol)
9b2034c8-9026-4e04-be61-4a911e9b5af8.png

In the spring, the snow has melted, and new flowers are able to bloom! Mint loves all kinds of flowers, but her favorites are the lily's of the valley that pop up around town every now and then.

For this one, I actually took inspiration from having Mint in my new leaf town! She was in my first town, which I reset for some reason (I forget why lol) and I eventually invited her to my current town via campsite, and I decided to plant lily's of the valley around her house, and sometimes I see her walking around with a watering can and sometimes I imagine that she secretly takes care of these flowers.

89b6ae0c-2816-4d48-92d4-f47b9ddb27ec.png

If you asked Bangle what her favorite activity to do in the summer was, she would definitely say camping! She loves to sit around the fire and eat marshmallows and hot dogs on the fire, whether she's alone, or with friends and family. S'mores, anyone?

Now, this one, I don't know if I had any inspiration for it, I think I just wanted to draw Bangle enjoying a slightly-burned-but-still-delicious marshmallow near the campfire lol

8f137e66-0346-410c-9f82-3aa8e1537544.png

In the fall, Frank likes taking morning walks and seeing all the changes from summer, the leaves, the temperature, and even the holidays! Sometimes he even stumbles apon some mushrooms near tree stumps, like today, where he found an elegant mushroom!

This one I'm pretty sure was a reference to my second new leaf town, which had Frank in it, and I vividly remember playing that town in the fall of 2019 and finding an elegant mushroom not long after Frank moved in.

Here's a quick doodle of Skye, who might actually now be up there in terms of my favorite villagers, even though I've never had her in any games... yet, hopefully ๐Ÿ‘€
c4137c8e-f95b-405e-8a9b-79279cf94aea.png

Also in case anyone's wondering, I will still be drawing Kourage and Hope and all my other oc's soon, I just wanted to try something new for a bit ๐Ÿ™‚

Got a few doodles today!

e8f9f4fd-b54d-4271-ad81-723f08bfd72f.png

First, here's a quick doodle of the dynamic duo, Kourage and Hope! I haven't drawn them in a little while, and I wanted to get back into it ๐Ÿ™‚
0abf03d7-2e3e-4ba2-aca3-66e6fc32e484.png

Shino is having a fun time in the fields full of whisps! Just don't touch them, or else they'll take your soul!

(Wanted to get this drawing out before camp bell tree started lol)
b7f01c16-6d55-468d-a079-0031138fece6.png

But yeah, since this year's camp has a space theme, I immediately thought of super mario galaxy, and then I made this! Hope's catching a ride on a Prankster comet! Who knows what galaxy will pull this comet into orbit..?

iโ€™ve been meaning to tell you how much iโ€™ve been loving the art youโ€™ve been sharing lately! i especially love the artworks you did of mint and skye, but i love how colourful all of your works are! your art has honestly improved a lot, and itโ€™s been so delightful to see the progress ๐Ÿฉต

iโ€™ve been meaning to tell you how much iโ€™ve been loving the art youโ€™ve been sharing lately! i especially love the artworks you did of mint and skye, but i love how colourful all of your works are! your art has honestly improved a lot, and itโ€™s been so delightful to see the progress ๐Ÿฉต
Thanks! I'm honestly also surprised on how much my art has improved, too! It feels like just yesterday I downloaded sketchbook when it's really been a whole year! I also can't wait to finally get a drawing tablet as well, as then I'm sure my art will really improve!

random but I'm very much appreciating the Super Mario fan art solidarity hehe ๐Ÿ„โœจ๏ธ

that's really great that you're getting a drawing tablet, it'll definitely allow you to expand your drawing skills even more! I'm excited to see where you go with it! ๐Ÿ˜„

Got a few doodles to share today!

ef3ddb0d-2edb-4580-a588-13c6927646ee.png

First, I have a little doodle I made of Oatchi from pikmin 4! It was inspired by a little chat me and @LittleMissPanda had the other day about pikmin, and what leafmin Olimar was planning to do with the captured castaways I honestly think Oatchi is pretty cute, and a new and interesting idea for the game that I think works great!
c7c84572-660e-44a0-8692-14beb7860418.png

This next one is actually a suprise art piece for my good friend @S.J. for trading me a Raven Wings Potion for a space whale! Like me, Wolfgang enjoys this potion too! Thanks again, friendo for helping add another potion to my lineup!

I was originally gonna draw Fang, but I decided to challenge myself with a different wolf I never had in any game yet, and haven't drawn, so I ended up with Wolfgang! I also wanted to draw him in the pre-New leaf villager style where villagers and the player were slightly shorter, because I like that style and I haven't really drawn any villagers in the style besides Chuck

Got a few doodles to share today!

View attachment 500296
First, I have a little doodle I made of Oatchi from pikmin 4! It was inspired by a little chat me and @LittleMissPanda had the other day about pikmin, and what leafmin Olimar was planning to do with the captured castaways I honestly think Oatchi is pretty cute, and a new and interesting idea for the game that I think works great!
View attachment 500297

This next one is actually a suprise art piece for my good friend @S.J. for trading me a Raven Wings Potion for a space whale! Like me, Wolfgang enjoys this potion too! Thanks again, friendo for helping add another potion to my lineup!

I was originally gonna draw Fang, but I decided to challenge myself with a different wolf I never had in any game yet, and haven't drawn, so I ended up with Wolfgang! I also wanted to draw him in the pre-New leaf villager style where villagers and the player were slightly shorter, because I like that style and I haven't really drawn any villagers in the style besides Chuck
Oh my gosh, Wolfgang is so cute! I like the shorter design too! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I think Wolfgang was the perfect choice, because I think his fur colour matches the Raven Wings Potion! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ’™ I love this so much, thank you so much! ๐Ÿ’œ

Oh my gosh, Wolfgang is so cute! I like the shorter design too! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I think Wolfgang was the perfect choice, because I think his fur colour matches the Raven Wings Potion! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ’™ I love this so much, thank you so much! ๐Ÿ’œ
Oh my gosh, you're right, it does match the potion! Idk how I didn't notice that while drawing ๐Ÿ˜‚
And no problem! I plan to make another drawing once I get the bloodshot and swamp potion, which will complete my lineup goal!

Lol I'm not sure why, but I keep ending up drawing wolf villagers, which is OK with me, since I love them so much ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿ’™
29fb103f-8c7c-45c2-9308-8e82e30054ec.png

Anyways, today's wolf drawing is of Fang, my favorite male wolf villager! (My favorite female wolf villager would be Whitney) He just happened to plop down for a bit, and ended up seeing a shooting star! I wonder if the full moon had anything to do with it...?

I also want to say how happy I've been with my recent drawings! It's crazy to me to look back on all the old drawings I made in 2021 and 2022 and the look at what I've made recently! My improvement over time is kinda uncanny to me ๐Ÿฅถ, but I'm proud of it!

(Finally a drawing that's not a wolf villager lol ๐Ÿคญ)
aefc57af-7df2-4ffa-8b00-93cb7c7ce244.png

Anyways, today's the day I finally got around to drawing a villager I've been wanting to for a little while, Marlo! I also kinda suck at drawing suits, but I'm still happy how this one turned out. I also never had Marlo in New Horizons yet, but I might end up inviting him soon, who knows? I also love that in his pocket camp bio, it's implied that he's a mob boss, which I thought was cool, as most would expect a mob boss villager to be a more scary animal, like a tiger or wolf, but instead he's a hamster who really puts "Small but mighty" into perspective imo

Here's a little random doodle I made, since I barely got to draw today since I was at the beach for pretty much the whole day lol (It was nice btw)

d42320a8-5385-4553-af44-1a2b09c555be.png

I've been watching some Poofesure lately, specifically his Wii Party U videos, and I think they're pretty funny! Also, in that game, if you play Highway Rollers and if something bad happens, (Like if you roll a low number or get sent back some spaces) some miis appear on the screen and say "Awww". But when that happens to Poofesure, he yells "Nawwww" back at the miis, which might be my favorite parts of those videos ๐Ÿคญ

(Also the broken Wii remote is a reference to how Poofesure broke one of his toad wii remotes with motion plus inside in one of those videos because a mii he didn't like won the game, I think it was Faustine?)

Here's a little random doodle I made, since I barely got to draw today since I was at the beach for pretty much the whole day lol (It was nice btw)

View attachment 501772
I've been watching some Poofesure lately, specifically his Wii Party U videos, and I think they're pretty funny! Also, in that game, if you play Highway Rollers and if something bad happens, (Like if you roll a low number or get sent back some spaces) some miis appear on the screen and say "Awww". But when that happens to Poofesure, he yells "Nawwww" back at the miis, which might be my favorite parts of those videos ๐Ÿคญ

(Also the broken Wii remote is a reference to how Poofesure broke one of his toad wii remotes with motion plus inside in one of those videos because a mii he didn't like won the game, I think it was Faustine?)
lmao this is amazing, now we have the holy trinity of poofesure fans here (me, you, and @/ZeldaCrossing64) heheee
I surprisingly have not drawn any art of miis, I really need to do that now haha

(Oof this took way longer than expected but I'm glad it's done!)
ef228dc0-1493-4d9b-af6d-abc3e45299d6.png

But yeah, this is the finished piece of my post in the sketchbook thread! It's basically celebrating my upcoming 3rd TBT anniversary with lots of references to events and some of my collectibles!
(Also apparently this is the first time in a year I've drawn Captain Koopa, so I'm glad I was able to change that)

Anyways, here is a list of all the references in this drawing!
So, the three little wisps represent the three potions in my lineup, the Eerie Star Potion, Purple Bat Potion, and the Raven Wings Potion! Even though these collectibles aren't super high end, I still love them and cherish them to this day.

The three lights below the moon represent my teams for TBTWC 21, Camp bell tree 21, and Camp bell tree 23, The bellflowers, Buzzy Bees, and International Space Cetaceans! Even though for the first two, I wasn't on the winning teams, I still had a lot of fun interacting with my team/cabinmates nonetheless!

The three literal easter/Halloweaster eggs behind the bush are my favorite eggs that I own, my Moonlight egg, Cobweb egg, and Dark egg!

Anyways, I also decided to include Fang and me my resident rep, Captain Koopa! Fang is holding my four feathers, my Blue, Pavรจ purple, Cool, and Hot feather, while my rep is holding the bisexual flag, because I'm proudly bisexual โค๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™

Read all that? Cool, have a cookie ๐Ÿช

Here's what I feel is a (super) long overdue drawing of a Regal!
518fe31c-bbc5-4bf3-b27a-f024eb85f467.png

Did you know? While their name is a combination of Rabbit+Eagle, some regals can have the appearance of other birds, like this one, who looks more like a crow! There's even a rumored legendary Regal called "The divine mother of Regals" that has the appearance of a Phoenix, is immortal, and drops gold feathers from her wings. Unfortunately, only one gold feather has ever been found, making her existence debatable.

Also, because I feel this is also long overdue, here's the new and improved lore of the Regals! I made some before last year, but I wanted to update it with some new info about these creatures, so here ya go!

Appearance:
Regals are extraordinary creatures, with the ears and fluffy fur of a rabbit, but with the wings, talons, and beak of an eagle. One may think because of their enchanced hearing capabilities, that they would be strong, fearsome predators that rule both the sky and land, that couldn't be fair from the truth! Regals like to eat anything they come across, whether it be berries, vegetables, or even sweets like cookies, Popsicles, and ice cream! They are also small creatures, with their average height being around 24 inches, and their wingspan being around 5 feet. However it's important to note that no two Regals are the same, and that their are plenty of large specimens flying around here somewhere.

Personality:
Regals are incredibly intelligent, able to understand and sometimes even speak human languages. Sometimes they even use their intelligence to trick humans into thinking that they aren't capable of speaking by just making eagle noises nearby them. They are also kind creatures, as they have been observed helping other creatures in need, and some have even been seen allowing animals to ride on their backs, whether for fun or to find safety. They also rarely attack other creatures, and only seem to do so if they sense danger, which they will then use their talons and beak to attack. They are also quite adventurous, and love to explore an open space, which is to be advised if you're thinking of keeping one as a pet.

Habitats:
Regals are usually observed in meadows, plains, and even mountains! But like I said before, no two Regals are the same, so there are plenty of Regals that live in all sorts of habitats!

Lifestyle:
Like some other wild animals, Regals tend to stick in groups of 5 or sometimes more. The leader of the group will usually have feathers on their head which appears as soon as they are born. The leader will lead the pack to find food, attack, and even help other animals. However, some Regals have been observed living alone, though this is much less common.

Lifespan: Currently unknown, but if I had to take a guess, slightly longer than the average human.

Status: Thriving! Even though they don't reveal themselves to humans much due to fear of being put in captivity, there seems to be an overabundance of Regals, especially in recent years.

Got some more doodles to share today!
67d69bae-6d15-49ca-8f2a-b82841c481e3.png

First, here's a drawing I made of my first shiny from LA, a shiny Psyduck! I'm a sucker for blue shinies, and I'm glad my first shiny was blue! (I also thought it was funny that when I found him at a pond, all the other pokemon paid him no mind and were all doing their own thing, which I thought was cute) Since then, I have evolved this Psyduck, traded it into Pokemon Sword, (this was before S/V was compatible with pokemon home lol)and had lots of fun battling with him! Obviously now that you can transfer to S/V, I transferred him to Violet, and I plan of having lots of fun battling again, just like i did in Pokemon Sword!

4a781812-c47a-45b0-ba77-3df55df829ab.png

Next, here's some long overdue art of everyone's favorite jackalope, Hoppy! Since he's been gone, he's also taken up a new hobby besides egg-painting, plush toy making! While it's a lot of work, Hoppy loves making them as he loves to see children, and even adults smile when they see their new plush toy buddy!

Back