• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Renn's Fingerpaint Art! 👉👈

jadetine

✨Hi! I’m Renn💫
Bells
Switch
2676-3129-8012
Island
Pokki
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Intro
New year = new introduction.

Howdy friends! My name is Renn and making art has become my obsessive hobby. It fulfils my childhood dreams and gives me the self esteem to keep learning and growing.

Here is where I track my art journey and compile any artworks that aren’t displayed in my Art Bakery shop. I started with traditional sketches and anime / manga fanart as a teen, stopped making art for a decade or so as life got busy, and then picked up art again with a few Inktober attempts. I started making digital art via Procreate at the end of January 2021 (without a stylus, hence “fingerpaint” art).

Gallery
See below: a gallery / link list of my favorite pieces. You can click on the thumbnail for the full size image.
Animal Crossing / Nintendo / Cartoon Style
Chibis
Anime (Humans-ish)
Anime Style Anthros / Kemonomimi / Gijinka
Geowlett-Batgirl-clear.png
Realism / Pet Portraits
Scenes
Animations
Dawn-Snow-Renn.gif
Multi-piece Projects:
ACNH Hina Ningyo Doll Project
Consolation Egg Popup Shop
Camp TBT 2021 Stamp Project
Community Bakery Header Project

Art Summary 2021
Art Summary 2022
Art Summary 2023

My Art Things

This is a section describing the gear I use and general (digital) art process things. I will try to update it as I grow.
Hardware:

• iPad 8th Generation iPad Pro 2022
  • Apple Pencil, 1st Generation 2nd Generation
Accessories:
  • Paperlike Screen Protector
  • Apple Pencil Grips / Case
Software:
  • Procreate (latest version)
  • PureRef (Organizes and collects and displays references on my computer so I don't have to use the clunky Pinterest interface). FREE (you can put $0 in the donation prompt, though it's worth paying the recommended $5).
  • MagicPoser Browser App for posing references in whatever light scenarios I want
Brushes (all free or defaults in Procreate):
  • Concept / Shape Blocking: "Coloring" by Designed_for_g
  • Sketching: Jingsketch "Clean Sketch" - very responsive and does what I want it to
  • Lineart:
    • Liliyth's "Roundbrush Fine - Smooth Line" for the faded lineart / painterly look
    • Liliyth's "Outline Structured" for a textured crayon-like outline
    • ProCreate's Inking - "Technical Pen" with increased stability for anime style cel-shaded art
  • Coloring:
    • Base Color: Procreate's Inking - "Studio Pen" at Max Stability
    • Shading / Painterly coloring: Jingsketch "Round Render", with some adjustments, but I'm looking to change this
  • Pixel Art: all time best for ProCreate and free = Pixebo's set
  • Special Effects:
    • Monoline (under the Calligraphy section of Procreate's default brushes) -- consistent size to make perfect circles or lines without changing thickness
    • Lightpen (under the Luminance default brushes) for glowing light effects / highlights
    • Gradient maps if you dare

Last edited:
who gave you the right to be this talented 😳. zksknsm i’d love for you to consider my island rep! 🧡

30E99D2A-83EF-4FE7-9216-AC836FD94010.jpeg
57330251-7F51-4F3F-891E-56BB5F5E3262.jpeg

Aww i love your artworks! Here is my character (you can pick which one you want to draw) View attachment 353827
View attachment 353828
O.m.geee that custom cold shoulder coat with crescent moon is fantastic! I can't compete with those kinda pro patterns lol. Ty for submitting; i have to get some sleep first...
Post automatically merged:

who gave you the right to be this talented 😳. zksknsm i’d love for you to consider my island rep! 🧡

View attachment 353829View attachment 353830
@xara you are the best hype machine! For serious: your comments are always so positive. I would love to doodle your rep!

Here’s an animal crossing oc of mine!! I’ll link the toyhou.se, her name is Kate!! Thanks for considering, your art style is so wonderful!!

Here’s an animal crossing oc of mine!! I’ll link the toyhou.se, her name is Kate!! Thanks for considering, your art style is so wonderful!!
Kate gives me some sweet Stardew Valley vibes! I bet she is supplying all the fresh fruits for my Smug villagers and their melon carpaccios / mango lassis / bougie foods. I'm looking forward to sticking a decoy duck on her somehow, lol.

Your art is so cute!! Here's my OC if you'd like to consider her!
https://toyhou.se/9534330.jynx-suzuki
Plus ultra!!! Jynx is so cool; I wonder if she is also good friends with Kyouka Jiro / Earphone Jack. I bet they would rock out!

Alright, I have a backlog of art now. I'm gonna start charging for the next requests, because this takes more time than paying animal crossing, lol.

RENN THIS IS SO GOOD I- 😭😭. i’m literally obsessed, thank you so much!! 💖
I'm particularly proud of this one, considering this is all without a stylus. I hope you don't mind me using it as a sample to advertise!
I'm learning more and more after each one. Where I'm really stuck is on pricing: how the heck does anybody decide what to charge?

@Snowifer you're up next! I see that you have a shop and art trades open. We should discuss details ;)

Last edited:
I'm particularly proud of this one, considering this is all without a stylus. I hope you don't mind me using it as a sample to advertise!
I'm learning more and more after each one. Where I'm really stuck is on pricing: how the heck does anybody decide what to charge.

i don’t mind at all! i’m pretty useless when it comes to pricing aha but tbt-wise, i think you could easily charge 150-200+ tbt per piece! 💖

your art is super cute!! if you're still taking requests id love to see my island rep in your style!!
thank you for considering!! ❤

your art is super cute!! if you're still taking requests id love to see my island rep in your style!!
thank you for considering!! ❤
@syub I was busy staring at Jimin's luscious lips in your profile pic. Or maybe that's someone else, but I have BTS playing right now.
I was closing this thread to convert to a gallery, but I'll scoop you in as the last freebie!

@syub I was busy staring at Jimin's luscious lips in your profile pic. Or maybe that's someone else, but I have BTS playing right now.
I was closing this thread to convert to a gallery, but I'll scoop you in as the last freebie!
yes its jimin!!:0 and thank you!! yayyy

Back