• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Japanese release on July 30th, plus new 3DS model, pricing info, and new screenshots!

So the NFC adapter is 2500 yen ($25~) and the game is 4000 yen ($40~)
For both it is 5000 yen ($50~) in a bundle, the box art looks really good!

but the Yen is so great right now, that its more like $20/$32/$40 (USD)

also, cue *****ing about the cards being released in randomized booster packs

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing something so big and its bugging me a lot. How can a game like this be full-priced and not $5-$10 I don't get it honestly. What's there looks fun but it has to be more

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing something so big and its bugging me a lot. How can a game like this be full-priced and not $5-$10 I don't get it honestly. What's there looks fun but it has to be more

they've literally shown a 1min gameplay video and thats it. idk why people are jumping to the conclusion that 1min = full game but ok

I'm gonna be buying a booster box of booster packs. Probably from Japan seems it's coming there first and Amiibo are region-free.
I don't want to wait to find out how hard specific cards are to find xD BUY THEM ALLLL

Since we get cards by buying a pack as opposed to WYSIWYG way like every amiibo figurine ever released, there's no way to determine how rare they are unless they actually crack open them and count how many of a same card they got.

I kinda meant rarity similar to pokemon cards (e.g. circle for commons, diamond and stars for uncommon and rare).
Sorry, should have been more clear!

I'm gonna be buying a booster box of booster packs. Probably from Japan seems it's coming there first and Amiibo are region-free.
I don't want to wait to find out how hard specific cards are to find xD BUY THEM ALLLL
If you do buy a box, it'd be interesting to see a thread of how many doubles/triples you get lol

If you do buy a box, it'd be interesting to see a thread of how many doubles/triples you get lol

Definitely :) Sounds like a good idea.
I literally can't wait... I wonder how much people will be selling booster boxes for though...

Im still interested in the game play. I might pass on this one :(

Same way Tomodachi Life was full price. Hehe.

No but seriously I get what you mean. I honestly thought it was going to be an Eshop little mini game sort of thing.

Same way Tomodachi Life was full price. Hehe.

No but seriously I get what you mean. I honestly thought it was going to be an Eshop little mini game sort of thing.

Well hopefully we're all in for a surprise and it's actually a full game of sorts.
I mean, Animal Crossing e+ was a full game PLUS the usage of eReader cards...

Also, they can't expect everyone to buy the game that offers no gameplay incase people can't afford to keep purchasing Amiibo...

I kinda meant rarity similar to pokemon cards (e.g. circle for commons, diamond and stars for uncommon and rare).
Sorry, should have been more clear!

Definitely :) Sounds like a good idea.
I literally can't wait... I wonder how much people will be selling booster boxes for though...

We're definitely gonna need a thread for that when the game comes out. A project of sorts where people can post their cards gained from packs and with enough data we might able to calculate if there's any rarity bias.

We're definitely gonna need a thread for that when the game comes out. A project of sorts where people can post their cards gained from packs and with enough data we might able to calculate if there's any rarity bias.

wow! that doesnt sound like a plot to make tbt gain activity from outsider amiibo collectors at all!

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/cards.jpg

Top Right box: Species of animal
Bottom Right box: (?)
Top Left box: Card no.
Bottom Left box: (?)

Maybe those unknown boxes indicate the series they are in? or rarity? I don't know...

iunno.

Isabelle's left looks like it says "Marie", and her right maybe something like "Carole"
Peanut's says "Belinda" p sure
Goose has "Gus"

... and a quick google search just says that it's their names in different languages. Marie is Isabelle's French name, and Belinda and Gus are both Peanut's and Goose's Spanish names respectively.

http://fr.animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Marie
http://es.animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Belinda
http://es.animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Gus

Unless you are talking about the dots and fingers (which u probs are oops this is embarrass). But since the first series has 100 cards in it, the fact they're listed as 001, 095 and 082 would mean they're all part of the same series. Could be something to do with male/female, idk.

Last edited:

Sounds like plan :)

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/04/cards.jpg

Top Right box: Species of animal
Bottom Right box: (?)
Top Left box: Card no.
Bottom Left box: (?)

Maybe those unknown boxes indicate the series they are in? or rarity? I don't know...

I'm guessing the dot refers to rarity, like Common, Uncommon, Rare, etc. Maybe the fingers indicate how many items the card offers the game when used or something?

I want the 3DS sooo badly. It seems fun to have the game on the system, something I can play on the bus.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the dot refers to rarity, like Common, Uncommon, Rare, etc. Maybe the fingers indicate how many items the card offers the game when used or something?

The more I look at it, the more the dots look like dice :O Having (at least) 5 levels of rarity seems a bit excessive but then again there are 5 fingers so....hmm.

Hopefully e3 sheds some light on this :B

I want the 3DS sooo badly. It seems fun to have the game on the system, something I can play on the bus.

I do too! I don't have a new 3ds, I was deliberately waiting for a special bundle. I can't think of anything better than an Animal Crossing themed one. I really hope they release it outside of Japan, I would buy it.

Back