• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Boring's merch-collecting adventures ✭ 。-ᆺ-。 <( zzz)

boring

pink is the warmest colour
Bells
Switch
0391-6643-8131
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Lily
Red Lily
White Tulip
Red Tulip
3zj1QdY.gif
3zj1QdY.gif
Ejl5xVX - Imgur.gif
3zj1QdY.gif
3zj1QdY.gif

For a very long time Ive wanted to have a collection of Animal Crossing merch that had even the most experienced players impressed at my dedication.
Over the course of the past few years that collection has grown piece by piece but recently it has grown exponentially as Ive moved across the country and
therefore been able to access many more gaming shops. I wanted to make this thread a place to share my collection and how it grows in the future !! I hope
this is ok and Im not here to gatekeep so I will be sharing everything I can about how I got my hands on all this merch :)

I'll be posting merch I got in individual posts based on the type of merch it is or if I just got a new item I'd like to share - If you have any questions about
my collection feel free to ask !

4v0zOf4.gif

⛧───────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────────⛧​

I'd love to start on a solid note with this Amiibo Card booklet I got yesterday!!
I was visiting a new city with my partner and we found that there were four gaming shops in the area so we decided to visit all of them to see if I could find any Amiibo Cards to add to my collection. When we got to the final shop we found it was mainly focused on Pokemon cards but they had a Lottie Amiibo figure in the window so I still had some faith I would find cards there !! We asked the staff if they had any Amiibo cards available and they said they did ! They pulled out this stunning booklet with a handful of Amiibo cards within and immediately I turned to my partner and told him I had NEVER seen this folder before and it looked official and that I wanted it. The photos Ive attached were actually taken in the shop just incase they said I couldn't take it home, but the staff in the shop told us we could have the booklet for free if we bought all the cards in it - pretty lucky considering I wanted all the cards inside anyways !

We left the shop, booklet in hand, and sat down in a cafe to research the booklet and where it came from. We knew it was from Japan and I assumed it was promotional material for HHD as it said the games name on the front but that was it. The internet provided very limited results and it took us a while to even find a handful of links that proved the booklet was official, but after some looking online we found the booklet was released as a Chara Parfait magazine freebie in 2015 that was indeed promoting the new Happy Home Designer game. This is not the same issue of the magazine with the special Isabelle Amiibo, which necessitates clarification as both issues were released within 2 months of each other - that Amiibo's inclusion in the magazine was documented by Justin at the time of release. The magazines that included Isabelle and eventually K.K. Slider were released AFTER the booklet did.

I also went ahead and shared what I had found on Reddit and Instagram where someone from Japan with AC knowledge told me that although they had never seen that specific booklet before it was common for Japanese magazines to produce this kind of novel product and then never bring them back. We found a website that suggested only a handful of people still own this booklet in the current day, however I lost the link to that site already. Needless to say though, this was an amazingly precious find and I will hold it tight for many years to come hopefully !!

53151779182_1386482b50_k.jpg
53152560584_b0b6fefe15_k.jpg

Last edited:
53153478934_2f52f7d88d_b.jpg

Ok so this isn't merch but for my birthday this year there was a casual Animal Crossing theme and I was gifted some Amiibo cards in a balloon present - We printed out peaches on the Christmas Tree (I have a January birthday) and I shook it out the tree just like in the old game !! It was such a fun experience and I cherish this so much <3 I did also get official merch that day. Aside from the Amiibo cards, which I will address in a separate post that will cover all my Amiibos, I also went to build a bear and got Isabelle and Tom Nook. I actually got the last Tom Nook in that store and he had been reserved for me !

53152696697_e5f72989d4_h.jpg
53151778202_ba954f557f_k.jpg

53152784535_8c4d80c913_o.jpeg

Here’s a shorter post for the Nookling twins, which were some of my most recent plush Animal Crossing gains :) I don’t often get plushies these days as I own most of the currently available official teddies but this was a nice find !

Sorry, my life became chaos in the few months from when I decided I wanted to post about ALL my merch lmao, but I think we're getting back to a point where I'm able to post on here again. What I wanted to share today is my Animal Crossing New Horizons Switch and Pop Tart 3DS. They both mean a lot to me and I treasure them as some of my most important belongings :)

⛧───────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────────⛧

I had 2 3DS consoles before I eventually got this one - it constantly bugged me that I could never get the New Leaf 3DS but it was just totally out of my family's price range so when my mum eventually landed me this one I went literally nuts. In 2015 my mum came into my room with a sense of urgency and showed me her phone asking me if this was the Animal Crossing DS I had been on about - it was. I almost couldn't contain my happiness. It was super discounted because the seller didn't really know what it was and it was on a local buy-and-sell page, it felt like pure luck. The console is now nearly ten years old and although it is thoroughly worn down it still holds up pretty well for a nostalgic Style Savvy sesh.
And because I can sense it coming, the joystick thing fell off a week after I got it. I was devastated but it actually works the exact same without it. In the absence of a repair shop being in my quiet hometown, I just kept on using it and I never ended up fixing it - these days Im too scared that someone who says they can repair it will instead damage it.

53362188801_64378bf79d_c.jpg
53362637500_46663bd2a1_c.jpg
53362510204_6591c5e336_c.jpg

My Nintendo Switch is honestly a not-too-different story. To be frank, I was homeless over the summer and that made me flat broke. Its fine now, Im all good but its worth mentioning because towards the end of this homeless stint I had secured housing and stuff so now for the first time in ages I had some expendable income!! AND I also happened to have found an Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch from a seller across town for a really cheap price. I was thrilled. I still am. I play it constantly and I am so deeply content and grateful for this silly little console. I do get very worried for taking it places now though, like Im worried it'll get damaged or stolen or lost and then I would just... idk evaporate into a small puddle? No thanks.
When it arrived in the post, I shared pictures of the console on Instagram. I detailed every individual part of what was on and in the box and wrote in the caption that I cried. So yeah, that's how invested I am (':

53362510124_08a8caffca_c.jpg
53362397973_04402d05ae_c.jpg

Last edited:
In classic fashion for my life that is full of little misfortunes, as soon as I decided I was writing these posts again I got 4 new university deadlines and 1 new strain of covid. Just my luck. Regardless, Im here now with some new gains for the collection.

Today was Bunnie and Nook, who were the last teddies I didn't own from this specific collection. Ive had my eye on them for a few years at this point but when I saw them discounted to £5 I was thrilled and knew I needed them! As I was out shopping with my partner he bought me these and even though we're saying they're Christmas presents he still let me take photos of them and post them on this thread c': . The headphones are along the same lines - these are one of two styles of these headphones that could be found in Game stores across the UK since around 2021. I own the other ones, an Isabelle/Pop-Tart style but these were new to my collection. If Im not mistaken there's only four kinds of official AC Headphones, so Im pretty close to owning all of them. Odd flex but ok.

53414702048_8febf6c5d7_c.jpg
53414862634_604208a40e_c.jpg
53414973965_7ab79b6468_c.jpg

Anyways I'm still low-key fighting off the symptoms that remain from my covid infection (Im essentially a long-covid/CFS machine lol) so Im going to go rest now guys, I hope you are all well! I'm having my first ever Christmas after my first ever independent Hanukkah so there's much need for me to rest up now. Im honestly feeling pretty down but Im excited for what the new year will bring - happy holidays to everyone !!!!

53414702043_eab6148e47_c.jpg

Nice 3DS! I bought myself the same one too, since my US 2DS broke. I also feel worried about using my Switch in public, but I use my 3DS on the train and I feel fine. Probably because people wouldn't even recognize what it is so they wouldn't bother messing around. 😅 I mean, when's the last time you saw someone playing a DS of any kind in public? I certainly haven't seen that in years. 😬 Is there a certain medium of merchandise you haven't yet obtained that you want? Like for example kitchenware? I'm not too keen on plush toys, but I definitely like merchandise that's on the more practical side. 🍽

Back