• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 11.24.23 - Black Friday Shop Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
bell-tree-direct-november242023-redd.png

Happy Black Friday everyone! I hope our American users all had a deliciously great Thanksgiving yesterday. In celebration of rampant consumerism, we've got a shop and collectible focused Bell Tree Direct today with many updates to share. Look out for some Black Friday promotions at the end too, plus an event announcement.

Introducing Scenery

Today, we're introducing a brand new type of collectible-style item that you can purchase called Scenery! If you've been collecting our collectibles for a while, then you know we've created quite a selection of backgrounds for collectibles over the years.

sceneryexample.png

With Scenery, you will now be able to purchase many of these background as standalone items that can sit in your lineup next to full fledged collectibles! You can use these to display backgrounds just for fun, but also as a form of a 'spacer' in your collectible lineup between other collectibles to create new types of layouts, arrangements, and patterns. They can be particularly useful for situations where you may not be able to obtain enough of a collectible to build a entire logical lineup or when a series does not work well in a 5x2 layout, but still wish to display it with scenery instead. We're looking forward to seeing the ideas you come up with over time!

To get started, the following Scenery items are available in the Shop today under a new dedicated category:
  • 620.jpg
    Light Brown Scenery
    has released for 10 Bells with unlimited stock.
  • 621.jpg
    Light Green Scenery
    has released for 10 Bells with unlimited stock.
  • 622.jpg
    Sky Clouds Scenery
    has released for 15 Bells with unlimited stock.
  • 623.jpg
    Sky Grass Scenery
    has released for 15 Bells with unlimited stock.
More types of Scenery will be released in the future when appropriate by season or event. For example, you can look forward to the Snowstorm Scenery being released at our Christmas event beginning next month!

All types of Scenery can be recycled by selling back to the Shop at approximately 50% of the original purchase price. This allows Scenery to be purchased with reduced risk as you can always sell if you change your mind on an idea with little loss.

Note that we consider this initial version of Scenery to be a sort of beta release to get started as adjustments may occur as we experiment. We know that utility of Scenery will be limited at first, due to the issue of timestamp ordering, but expect it to become more useful going forward as you collect new collectibles and scenery in future events or restocks. Other plans are in the works too, including possible backdated scenery opportunities and reordering as a premium feature.

Introducing Recurring Event Backdrops

Event Backdrops in the Shop are getting an upgrade with a new Recurring option that remains in your inventory past an event's duration! While these backdrops will continue to not display outside of event periods, it will be possible to display them later during a future edition of the relevant event or season.
  • Recurring backdrops are guaranteed to appear at least three times when purchased. After this, a recurring backdrop could be retired or continue to reappear later.
  • Past purchases of backdrops will not retroactively become recurring.
  • Not every event or season will feature the recurring option as one-time backdrops may be appropriate on some occasions. We do still expect to release more recurring backdrops than not.
We hope this change can make purchasing backdrops during events feel more enjoyable and a better use of your hard earned Bells! Stay tuned for your first opportunity to purchase a recurring event backdrop at our Christmas event next month.

Villager Collectible Makeover & Restock

We are updating our various villager collectibles today based on new art from Animal Crossing: New Horizons! This will allow us to release new villager collectibles in the future based on characters introduced in New Horizons, while maintaining a consistent style.

285.jpg
263.jpg
207.jpg
302.jpg
243.jpg
212.jpg
296.jpg
213.jpg
211.jpg
268.jpg
608.jpg
315.jpg
378.jpg

To celebrate, four villager collectibles are returning to the Shop from distant past that haven't been sold in 5 years:
  • 212.jpg
    Lobo
    is now available for 180 Bells.
  • 213.jpg
    Mint
  • 268.jpg
    Ruby
  • 285.jpg
    Coco
These villagers will only be available in the Shop until November 30th, so grab em' while you can!!

Hyacinth Flowers Debut From New Horizons

We are releasing three brand new flower collectibles today featuring the beloved Hyacinths from Animal Crossing: New Horizons!
  • 624.jpg
    Red Hyacinth has released for 39 Bells.
  • 625.jpg
    Yellow Hyacinth has released for 39 Bells.
  • 626.jpg
    White Hyacinth has released for 39 Bells.
You may notice that these Hyacinths look quite different from our other flower collectibles. This is due to the previous flowers using art from New Leaf, while the Hyacinths use fresh New Horizons art.

We are still deliberating whether to update the old flowers with NH art to match, or leave them as they are. The NH art is generally more 'flat' and simplified compared to the NL art. Another option could be releasing new NH art collectibles, while maintaining the old NL flowers as classic collectibles, like the old Cake. Please feel free to share your feedback on what you would like to see!

All Classic Flower Collectibles Return

To celebrate the new Hyacinth flowers, our entire collection of classic flower collectibles from Animal Crossing: New Leaf are now available in the Shop for a limited time allowing for new lineup possibilities:
  • 172.jpg
    173.jpg
    174.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Pansies are now available for 39 Bells.
  • 236.jpg
    235.jpg
    234.jpg
    Yellow, White, and Purple Violets are now available for 39 Bells.
  • 208.jpg
    210.jpg
    209.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Roses are now available for 39 Bells until November 30th.
  • 192.jpg
    194.jpg
    193.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Tulips are now available for 39 Bells until November 30th.
  • 167.jpg
    168.jpg
    169.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Cosmos
    are available for 39 Bells until November 30th.
  • 229.jpg
    231.jpg
    230.jpg
    Red, Yellow, and White Lilies are available for 39 Bells until November 30th.

Hybrid Flower Breeding Returns Soon

We are planning the return of a Hybrid Flower Breeding mini-event in the Spring next year after a long hiatus since 2019! This will allow past hybrid flower collectibles seen below to be obtained once again, alongside potential new ones.

244.jpg
305.jpg
306.jpg
267.jpg
294.jpg
260.jpg
292.jpg
392.jpg

Housekeeping: Restriction, Stock, Name Updates

Lastly, we're finishing off today's updates with a bit of minor housekeeping making various changes to collectible restrictions, stocks, and names as listed below.

We are unlocking gifting or unique restrictions on some collectibles to allow more flexibility:
  • 341.jpg
    Summer Shell from Summer 2020 can now be freely gifted to others and is no longer unique allowing you to own multiple.
    Please note that Pink Summer Shell is not planned to become giftable for the foreseeable future.
  • 527.jpg
    Fancy Kitty Plush from Halloween 2022 is no longer unique allowing you to own multiple.
  • 532.jpg
    Key Lime Pie from Thanksgiving 2022 can now be freely gifted to others and is no longer unique allowing you to own multiple.

We are updating the stock and pricing situation for some Fruit collectibles in the Shop:
  • 100.jpg
    Cherry has been changed to Unlimited stock with a price increase from 119 Bells to 149 Bells.
  • 107.jpg
    Peach has been changed to Unlimited stock with a price increase from 159 Bells to 199 Bells.
  • 139.jpg
    Apple has been changed to Unlimited stock with a price increase from 199 Bells to 249 Bells.

We are updating the names of some collectibles for consistency:
  • 605.jpg
    Lost Fragment 002.AN has been renamed to Lost Star Fragment 002.AN.
  • 265.jpg
    New Leaf has been renamed to New Leaf Token.
  • 147.jpg
    Happy Home Designer has been renamed Happy Home Designer Token.

Redd's Big Winter Blowout

Many items in the Shop are on sale for a very limited time as part of Redd's Big Winter Blowout for Black Friday! These prices are only valid until 11:59PM PST, so act fast!

• 50.jpg
    57.jpg
    Save 50% off Pear and Orange fruits!
  • 236.jpg
    172.jpg
    208.jpg
    192.jpg
    167.jpg
    229.jpg
    Save 33% off classic New Leaf flowers!
  • 212.jpg
    213.jpg
    268.jpg
    285.jpg
    Save 20% off Lobo, Mint, Ruby, and Coco villagers!
  • 18.jpg
    Save 20% off User Title Color Change addon!

Redd said:
An open wallet,
is often empty.

Redd's Lucky Bell Giveaway

Test your luck in Redd's Lucky Bell Giveaway by clicking on him below until next week! You'll receive a random amount between 50 to 100 Bells celebrating our updates today.

Redd's Black Friday Raffle

You are invited to join Redd's Black Friday Raffle by posting in this thread until 11:59PM PST! All entrants will have an opportunity to win a single collectible from the following prize pool:

• 393.jpg
    3 Black Famous Mushrooms
  • 394.jpg
    2 Pumpkin Pies
  • 532.jpg
    1 Key Lime Pie
Good luck!

Christmas Event Begins December 13th

Finally, it is time to announce that this year's Christmas event on The Bell Tree is set to begin on Wednesday, December 13th, 2023! We look forward to celebrating the holidays with you.

jingle.png

However, this event will be smaller than the other recent events hosted this year. 2024 is going to be a huge year for The Bell Tree as we approach our 20th Birthday and we're focusing our event energy towards the new year! Jeremy will have more to say about next year's celebrations in future announcements.

And while you wait...
  • 269.jpg
    Christmas Lights will be available on December 1st for 5 Bells. (temporary, gifting required)

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Last edited:
vesta looks so good now omg

that being said, this might be a nitpick but is there an error with coco? the right side of her face looks flat compared to ruby who's perfectly round

sry i keep editing this but same with leif, jack, and mint

Last edited:
I personally think that the New Leaf flowers should retain their old art, I think they look quite nice and they're very classic too ☺️🌼
I think the idea to have collectibles that are just the background is really interesting, and I actually appreciate it because it allows us to come up with our own collectible designs that can have the real backgrounds for reference!

as for the AN frag, I kinda wish it could be renamed to the Actually, Nevermind Star Fragment because... come on, let's be real, that's the best team name of all time 😂 I want it to be fully immortalized in this collectible, especially since we ended up making second place during camp!

besides that, thank you for the free bells, thank you for the raffle, and I'm excited for the winter event to start soon 💖❄️

edit: oh and for the love of arceus PLEASE give us a purple hybrid during the hybrid event ksjdfksjd we need more Waluigi flowers 💜

The yellow hyacinth looks so good!! I support upgrading the art of all existing flower collectibles!

Backdrops are a nice addition, I'd really need this "premium service" reordering though! Like an aurora sky above a clear sky would look amazing but the other way around...? Ehhh... 😂

Last edited:
KEY LIME PIE RAFFLE?? ILY COME HOME PLS 🥺🙏💚

Oh gosh this was a really exciting update!! I love the scenery idea and the lineup possibilities that come with it—it really lets the other collectibles on display shine and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with it! ;v; I'm also so so happy to see Hyacinths added! I'm going to have to stock up on those too.
I would prefer the old flowers to stay the same with the New Leaf art, I think! I like the style of them and the violets might look out-of-place if the others were updating, since they tragically don't exist in New Horizons.

I'll be looking forward to the hybrid flower breeding event!! ;v; Since hearing about them I've been hoping they would make a comeback! I would love to see purple and orange flowers added.

And thank you for the tbt, Redd!!

thanks for the bells and the raffle! these updates are super cool and can’t wait for the upcoming event! :)

Pie raffle? Yes please. The changes to the villager collectables are gonna take awhile to get used to.

Scenery has me like 👀 And possible back dating too is gonna be so fun to play around with!

I am so excited for the Christmas event! Looking forward to spending some bells on villager collectibles I haven't got! Thank you, Staff! 😃

Holy crap!! This is a great update! Thank you guys!!

I'd like to enter Redd's Black Friday Raffle please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back