• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Japanese release on July 30th, plus new 3DS model, pricing info, and new screenshots!

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Watch the Nintendo Direct

Official Japanese Website

Articles from ACNewLeaf.com:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer launches in Japan on July 30th, plus pricing details

600x250xanimal-crossing-happy-home-designer.png.pagespeed.ic.Cfdj1WlBrw.jpg

New special edition Animal Crossing new 3DS XL model coming to Japan (+ face plate!)

516x318xnew-3ds-xl-animal-crossing-model.png.pagespeed.ic.jLb2EiJ8xZ.jpg

Six new Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer screenshots from the official website

So the NFC adapter is 2500 yen ($25~) and the game is 4000 yen ($40~)
For both it is 5000 yen ($50~) in a bundle, the box art looks really good!
There's also 2 new 3DS plates which are ACHHD themed
It also seems like the cards come in series hence the 1 on top of the card pack! Shows a lot of the NPC like Isabelle, Nook, Luna, Sable, Nyle, etc.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...japanese_wii_u_and_3ds_nintendo_direct_-_live
Go to 10:51

looks like ****, and a game targeted towards 6 year olds

(i will prob get it tho coz i am 5)

I hope Smash amiibo work with this, I want a Rosalina lamp and a Greninja table or something

Er, I think I am more interested in the NFC reader. The game doesn't seem to grab my interest now. I had high hopes in the last direct, specially for more content, now not so much... I might grabbing a pack or 2 of the cards though.

Last edited:
Ah I just saw some of these on Nintendo JP's twiter and was going to post some, but looks like you beat me to it xD
I can't wait.

Also, the translation of one of their tweets, reads:

"100 kinds of animal crossing consisting of cards "animal forest amiibo card ' or amiibo can use any classic Nintendo 3ds"NFC reader / writer"released on 7/30. #NintendoDirectJP"

So I'm guessing there will be 100 cards to collect :D

It's also mentioned that they will be 300yen / $2.50 for a boaster pack that contains 3 cards...

That's one nice special edition.

The game seems kinda pricy for just decorating homes though? Unless I'm missing something.

Wait, if there's an Isabelle amiibo card, that could mean we could decorate her home or the town hall or something, which would be cool XD (I'm sure other people have picked up on this before haha)

That's one nice special edition.

The game seems kinda pricy for just decorating homes though? Unless I'm missing something.

I agree. There has to be more to it if it's going to be $35. I honestly thought it was an eShop title at first.

Imagine if it's a full animal crossing game except instead of being the mayor, you are the home designer.. wierd.. That 3ds xl though, golly. All the wants, I may actually upgrade now if we see that in the west.

im honestly glad see game come in the fall for West, that way i have time see i wanted to get this but i think i'll pre-order game a month before it's released because if i don't they will already have the amiibo stuff sold out,

it looks like it could be fun i'll play some of it but i kinda dont expect play many hours of it like New Leaf,

If NA gets that New 3DSXL, I'll definitely be upgrading. I've been holding off for a nicer-coloured one, and I just can't resist the cuteness of it. :D I love the colours!

Wow, that looks pretty nice. (Or boring) Not sure if I should get it or not still.

And its being released in Japan after my birthday too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also noticed something!

You know there are two human villagers right? Well compare the eyes from Home Designer to New Leaf/Mario Kart 8.

Their eyes are swapped! That's pretty neat, but you guys might not even care.

This looks pretty good, I think I will definitely get it. Also, will have to consider upgrading my 3ds, I guess.

The one thing I'm disappointed in is the prospect of the cards being random. So technically, if you collect for a while, you could end up with 2 or 3 of the same cards over and over. I wish they would just have packs that grouped together predictably. This way, you could ensure you don't have duplicates and also, you can go for characters that you really want.

Last edited:
I agree. There has to be more to it if it's going to be $35. I honestly thought it was an eShop title at first.

Exactly right??? Thought it was going to be a f2p title from the eShop like pokemon shuffle.
The game right now looks way to stripped down. I hope they announce more features and introduce a ton of new sets and items...right now the main site looks rather bare - and it looks like they're re-using a number of assets from acnl.

I think this would have been some cool dlc for acnl, but guess that's not really the road they want to walk on right now.
...hopefully they'll show more of it during e3, and there will be a discount to preorder it @_@

Also - I wonder if the cards will be ranked by rarity?
I really like them (and I can see myself buying a few packs >_>)

I'm glad it looks like the majority of us are upgrading to the New 3DS XL, but hopefully we are all updated throughout the game release in japan, and I pray to get that 3DS like the poptart one I have now ^_^

I completely forgot this game might be shown at E3, well I hope more is shown, I still got hope. I thought this game would be a f2p as well.

Last edited:
Looks like i won't be shelling out 35+ dollars just for a home designer game, which sucks because I love that kinda junk. But if the cards stay that price, I'll be buying card packs.

[...]

Also - I wonder if the cards will be ranked by rarity?
I really like them (and I can see myself buying a few packs >_>)

Since we get cards by buying a pack as opposed to WYSIWYG way like every amiibo figurine ever released, there's no way to determine how rare they are unless they actually crack open them and count how many of a same card they got.

Back