• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Intentionally leaving your house smaller?

Snowesque

Bells
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
I've my house upgraded to the largest size, but I do see the appeal of having smaller rooms to make a cozier feel. Do you've any houses that are intentionally smaller, and why if so?

I've my house upgraded to the largest size, but I do see the appeal of having smaller rooms to make a cozier feel. Do you've any houses that are intentionally smaller, and why if so?
I don't, but I saw in some dream address that someone decorated the inside of their tent like a green house. And it looked really nice actually.

I have one medium sized room left in my main player's house, but I wish I had left more of my rooms alone and kept them meduim sized too. Sometimes it's hard to fill space when I'm not sure what to do with it.

My main town no I have my (2) houses fully upgraded but my secondary town with 4 characters I decided to fully expand the main room for each house but that’s it. Too much to decorate if I upgraded them all. The exterior of the house is cuter too.

I have a bedroom in the upstairs of my house, and I keep it a 6x6 square tile so I can give it that bedroom vibes going.

i do this actually!! i feel like the biggest size is too big and i can never find a cohesive way to decorate without feeling like i'm just putting stuff there to fill the empty space.

I always used to want just a little house over looking the beach (real life too tbh) but then I couldn’t help making it just a little bigger…..😂💜

yes i kept my mayors house medium sized because i like the windows, and how the sunlight shines through depending on the time of day. it feels a bit like a cave if i expand it and have the two hallways there instead lol

i find it super hard to decorate large spaces, but i still upgraded my house to the max. it would’ve felt unfinished and i like to fully complete everything!

i have too many ideas for rooms so i couldn't imagine leaving my house small.

In New Leaf I got the maximum expansion really fast so I wanted to keep it slow in New Horizon and stay in a tent longer, which was not possible, then stay in one room like my villagers. I had one room house really cute and cozy with all I needed but no storage! So I added two other rooms that just gather junk when I empty my pockets, well the whole island is quite messy. I had more ideas than rooms in New Leaf but I don’t feel like doing anything in New Horizon

On Eret, Piper's kitchen is really small to express her home situation where she came from, and relive memories she had there~☆
Due to no added walls big spaces make it all too big so small is really nice. Though maybe usuing bookshelves as wall partments could work?

Yes, I plan to, especially for some of my side player characters. Not that I'd have the bells to pay all expansions off, anyway...

I have a little office-y room in my house that I kept to the "medium" size! I couldn't fit everything I wanted in the small 4x4 room, but 8x8 would just be too cavernous for what I wanted to do LOL

I always fully upgrade my main house but I'll leave room smaller rooms in my extra characters houses to have a different feel to them.

In ACNL i never really planned house sizes so I upgraded when I could. In ACNH I intentionally left my house a smaller side (no second floor) since i wanted to keep the "cottagecore" theme! I think having a larger house would throw my theme off so I am willing to struggle with limited inventory ;w;b

I have a small house still in new leaf only cause I put all of my time into my town instead of my house. I would like to have me house fully paid off and upgraded 😃

i stopped upgrading my house after unlocking the small side room and the upstairs because i like the way the house looks when it's asymmetrical. it's also really cool that you're able to still customize its appearance even though it's not 100% built out. would be cool if you could change the theme/style of the architecture while it's small.

Back