• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what is your favourite rock?

digimon

☆ dandori issue ☆
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
LkTym6r.png

what is your favourite rock that spawns in town? do you always break them to mine for ore/bells?​

i remember i once tried laying out paths to try and create a small rock garden, and then once i did i hated it and broke the rocks so they'd spawn again. the rocks in acnl are kinda cute and charming to me in their own way but if i'm referencing the image above my favourites would have to be the 3rd and 5th ones. something about them being a bit smaller and having bumps is so cute!

I never thought about it, but mine would probably be 1 or 2. I like that they're slightly angled compared to 4, and their shapes look better with the 3DS's resolution. I also like the lighting on them.

Good grief, I never paid attention and realized there were five different kinds! Looking at the photo, though, for some reason I like #4 the best. :unsure:

No, I don't always break them. Have been recently because I've been hoping for gold ore to get the golden furniture series from Cyrus. Thankfully, I am about to receive the golden pieces I am missing, and some ore. A lovely trader here on TBT forum is still filling orders! Otherwise it could take years to get the full set randomly (and expensively) from Cyrus.

Last edited:
I like 5. I'm a big fan of texture and the size difference between the two rocks. the other rocks seem a bit too smooth for my tastes.

I have to agree that 3 and 5 are the best rocks! It's like a 2 for 1 rock.

I think the other rocks look more inviting for sitting though. Something about the two rocks (on 3 and 5) makes me not want to sit there as much.

I'm partial to 3 and 5, with a bit of a preference toward 3. 3 is the one that comes to mind most readily when I think of Animal Crossing rocks.

I also agree with deana that the other rocks are better suited for sitting though.

Whatever shape they come in, they're friend shaped.

That said, I do harvest the bells and ores, so I guess that puts my friendship into question.

I like rock number 5! I also like 3 too, the rest look too big and bulky. I honestly always forget to hit all my rocks lol if I remember as I’m walking (or running) by I might hit it to see what I get.

I think 1, 3 and 5?
In my town I only have type 3 and 5 rocks because I like them more, indeed a kind hacker moved my rocks and changed their shape because I hated my rocks before😭
Edit: I confused the 4th with the 5th LOL I fixed it

Last edited:
for aesthetic purposes, i prefer 3 or 5? since they are smaller rocks. i don't like one giant rock when decorating my town.

Back