• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✿ Hinamikawa ✿ ひなみかわ ✿ Higurashi Themed Island ✿

Island/Town Name
Hinamikawa
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach

GothiqueBat

Kumi~♡ Of Hinamikawa
Bells
Switch
1366-2905-4018
Island
Hinamikawa
Green Star Fragment
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rebel Gnome
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Famous Mushroom
Black Hybrid Rose
Yellow Candy
Purple Candy
Tasty Cake
Welcome to
Hinamikawa
へようこそ
ひなみかわ
An Island themed around Higurashi
「ひぐらし」をテーマにした島

45ffbb47a1385572fbd8c780bdea4f3417ed46ee.gifv

Song

Empty
Will replace with actual footage, but for now, enjoy the beautiful Shirakawa in fall
15824.jpg
83848819-the-fall-season-of-historic-villages-of-shirakawa-go-and-gokayama-japan.jpg
Obviously not what the final map will look like
FcpVp50aIAAkUpI
All the clothing was designed by me, feel free to use on your island :blush:
The 'Prints' are mostly made using
https://acpatterns.com/

images (1).png

Higurashi-release-sc.png

NyahaCafeLogo (1).png

[/SPOILER="Designs"]

Residents:
Roald
Diva
Audie
Julian
Wolfgang
Judy
Rosie
Genji
Hamphrey

Olaf
Nate
Norma
Joey

Sprinkles
Cleaning up this thread and some bodies
Pre-game plans are below

Names
The Island I'm planning on making is based around an anime/game/manga called Higurashi ( ひぐらし ) which is placed in a small Japanese village called Hinamizawa (ひなみざわ) which is based off a real village called Shirakawa ( 白川 / しらかわ )

I was going to go with Hinamizawa since I had a new leaf town called Hinamiza (didn't fit the full name lol)
But now thinking about it, I would like to have an original Island name; perhaps as a combination of all the names, this is what I've come up with so far.

Hinamikawa / ひなみかわ
Shirazawa / しらざわ
Higurakawa / ひぐらかわ
Shirazaki / しらざけい
Shirakashi / しらかし
Cicada (fits with theme of Higurashi)
1983 (the year Higurashi is set in)
07th (name of people who made Higurashi)

For now I'm going with Hinamikawa / ひなみかわ, since it's the first I came up with but I'm not totally set on it.
I'm still only learning Japanese so the Hiragana here might be wrong
Map Plan

HappyIslandDesigner_1602461794319 (1).png

I made this on https://eugeneration.github.io/HappyIslandDesigner/ then added the text with https://www.photopea.com/ (terrible job , I know but It's a base plan)

hQyajGV.jpg

And the same again with some reference pictures from Higurashi & Shirakawa.

I'm not sure if you can really tell but the map was roughly based off the map of actual Shirakawa.

tumblr_mnbtc2ZrZN1rixdwao1_1280.png

Especially inspiration is taken on the left side of the river and the path north to it. Keiichis and Rika/Satako's house are also in the same spot and to accommodate that, the Sonozaki House/Grounds had to move quite a bit west.
I also took inspiration from a lot of other Shinto shrines I have seen in photos and anime, that's why it's on the third layer of hill rather than a few shallow steps that would have been more accurate but I believe it will be prettier this way.

The house surrounded by river in the middle will be a house (not decided if that will be my village rep or not) is going to be off-theme with however I feel like designing at the time. I know I have a big passion for cute/pastel themed items and that would really clash against the traditional Japanese theme so that will be locked up into that house. I have heard the Sanrio Amiibo currently don't work with ACNH but if they ever do add support for them, then I'd want a space I can put their items.

That little gap with a path beneath the Watanagashi Festival, I put trees, however looking back on it, that would be the perfect place to have the dam construction site / junk yard, and I probably will. Originally it was going to be Rika's house so it would be like sneaking off the break into the shrine, but then I wouldn't have been able to do Rika/Satokos house which I think will look nicer. As for the shrine, I believe there are some items you can place that look like mini shrines, I will also put a stone table there like the ....event that occurs at the Watanagashi.

The Watanagashi festival does look pretty unnatural having that long path at the top, but I wanted that to be supposedly where the cast had their picnic, and where people will place cotton into the river. The big space at the end will be where there is festival market stores + a stage for Rikas ritual performance.

This is an idea of what items I want at the shrine:

e3c646e0584dc367af292bcdd9c98a395d91ea4a.png

Finally I want to talk (type?) about Okinomiya and Angel Mort.
Since even before I had the idea of making a Higurashi themed town, I have wanted to make an urban space in animal crossing, heavily inspired by all the amazing creations of city-islands I've seen all over YouTube and Instagram. It then occurred to me that I could integrate Okinomiya into this island plan and that's what I plan to do. It would also be a good place to have the shops since I'm not sure Able sisters would fit the aesthetic. Perhaps Nook Cranny's would, but not after it got fully upgraded. Plus I'm not sure they have added a Brewster's Café like they did in New Leaf, however if they were to, in an update, I think it would also be perfect in an urban-er environment. That's why I added a little badly drawn mug sign. That would probably replace my plans for Angel Mort. Here's some reference images of how I want Okinomiya to look:
6ddae017c0331f8b3b1ab9d9578b985f.jpg
bde89cac6aef763f2137df88f0c8e73b.jpg
yymaae0hb1edhf9yifiy.png

literally just found all these on google images, no idea whos/where.

Now about Angel Mort.
In blogs, like I've seen of city areas, I've also seen loads of people make outdoor - indoor spaces in NH with the walls/fences. Especially with cafés, and since you can place clothing on dummies / mannequins , I could set it up like an actual serving Café with the Angel Mort uniform (that I'm yet to design) around so it looks like people are there.
Here's some reference images of how I want it to look:

acnh_pink_cafe_jade_barry.jpg
745658c4e603d075d02b185a2b0123b2.jpg
s-l400.jpg

again, these are all stolen from google images I have no clue where/who to credit.
About naming my Villager Rep
I wanted a cute name
I like bats and just looked up Bat in Japanese and it's コウモリKōmori, Komori now does sound very cute.
A similar sounding word for Cloud - くもり - Kumori that I remember from duolingo, that too sounds cute.
Also Yoru - 夜 - Night, I remember being someones name in tower of god and I think it sounds pretty.
Also interested in going down the french name path, since I'm semi fluent, I've always liked the word Lumière as in light.
Maybe Lumière could be shortened to Lumi which sounds like a very cute name too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I settled on a combination of a few of these ideas - ' Kumi ' , googled it to see if it was a name or meant anything, and found https://www.babynames.com/name/kumi#:~:text=The name Kumi means Long,be used for any gender.
which is very fitting, it is a beautiful town stuck in a time loop!
I believe the Hiragana is くみ , But I'll probably stick with the English characters

And here's a couple of very bad design sketches I did with different colours
kumihinamikawabadsketchblack.png
kumihinamikawabadsketch.png
kumihinamikawabadsketchwhite.png

She is a city kid that wanted to change up her life by moving to one of Japans most beautiful villages (well islands..?), unaware of the horrors that awaits her.

From here on, you will find the Journal of Kumi

Attachments

• hQyajGV.jpg
    hQyajGV.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 535
  • hinamikawamap.jpg
    hinamikawamap.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 505
  • El6vsMGU0AAxH-m.jpg
    El6vsMGU0AAxH-m.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Oh my gosh! This is such a neat idea for a town! I know it might be a while off yet, but when you get the game and get around to uploading a dream address, I'd love to see it! :)

First of all, really cool town idea:) I remember watching that anime a while ago. Super creepy!

One thing to keep in mind about the way Animal Crossing New Horizons saves: it saves directly to the switch console. So there can only be one acnh island per a switch and one switch per an island. They added a save back-up feature, but I've seen a few threads where people were complaining that they couldn't use it to transfer their game from one switch to another. I could be wrong about this, but just in case you might want to look into it further before you invest a ton of time in an island that might be stuck on your bf's switch.

Either way, good luck and I hope you're able to play soon!

*Edited because for some reason I accidentally quoted extra people from another thread.

First of all, really cool town idea:) I remember watching that anime a while ago. Super creepy!

One thing to keep in mind about the way Animal Crossing New Horizons saves: it saves directly to the switch console. So there can only be one acnh island per a switch and one switch per an island. They added a save back-up feature, but I've seen a few threads where people were complaining that they couldn't use it to transfer their game from one switch to another. I could be wrong about this, but just in case you might want to look into it further before you invest a ton of time in an island that might be stuck on your bf's switch.

Either way, good luck and I hope you're able to play soon!

*Edited because for some reason I accidentally quoted extra people from another thread.

Sadly I've already had to think about this, but thank you very much for the information, sad but useful to know they haven't changed it since I last checked.

Unluckily (but I guess kind of luckily) I don't think I'll have enough money to buy an actual switch any time soon so I don't need to worry about moving the island sad laughing And then when I do, I'll probably take that as an opportunity to do a different themed Island, but maybe they'll have introduced moving the save files over by then
hahaha

Last edited:
Sadly I've already had to think about this, but thank you very much for the information, sad but useful to know they haven't changed it since I last checked.

Unluckily (but I guess kind of luckily) I don't think I'll have enough money to buy an actual switch any time soon so I don't need to worry about moving the island sad laughing And then when I do, I'll probably take that as an opportunity to do a different themed Island, but maybe they'll have introduced moving the save files over by then hahaha
I think maybe I've heard that they're looking into proper transfers at some point? Hopefully sooner rather than later so you have that as an option. Worst case scenario: sometimes starting over is really refreshing, I've found myself tempted to a few times recently:)

Last edited:
This is such a cool idea I had to watch this thread so I get all the updates. 👀
Really looking forward to seeing what you do with the island once you get to start playing.​

Holy Hinamizawa Hinamikawa... I cannot tell you how much I LOVE Higurashi. So, to see someone going all-out with a Higurashi-themed island is super exciting!

Quite appropriate timing, too, now that we're entering fall and Halloween is just around the corner... (Speaking of which, I actually started watching the anime around this time last year, interestingly enough.)

I'd be more than happy to support you in any way possible, even if only via encouragement or inspiration! I'll be looking forward to that Nightmare Address... 😈

Holy Hinamizawa Hinamikawa... I cannot tell you how much I LOVE Higurashi. So, to see someone going all-out with a Higurashi-themed island is super exciting!

Quite appropriate timing, too, now that we're entering fall and Halloween is just around the corner... (Speaking of which, I actually started watching the anime around this time last year, interestingly enough.)

I'd be more than happy to support you in any way possible, even if only via encouragement or inspiration! I'll be looking forward to that Nightmare Address... 😈

ahaha nice to see another fan 😄 and aw thank youuuu so much!

I'd like to take credit for the timing, but they announced releasing what I originally thought was just a remake last month to be aired in October because horror spooky , but now it's coming out and it's not a remake at all. (they even trolled us with the first episode) -Now that I'm watching it and falling back in love with the show, it kept making me think it'd be really fitting for an animal crossing island so that's how this idea came around for spooky season.

Last edited:
Omg I just became recently obsessed with higurashi... Saw the new anime come out so I was interested but I heard it was actually a sequel instead of a remake so I had to watch the old stuff! Planning to play the first game since it's out free on steam too, so excited to see this happen!!

Omg I just became recently obsessed with higurashi... Saw the new anime come out so I was interested but I heard it was actually a sequel instead of a remake so I had to watch the old stuff! Planning to play the first game since it's out free on steam too, so excited to see this happen!!

ahhhh so cool to know the new anime has attracted new fans! And yes the games on steam do go into quite a bit more detail on some aspects that the anime just brushes over, would completely recommend playing them. (gave me a laugh to see that they're making the 1st one free until they find a covid cure hahaha) There are also official mangas and a lot spin-offs you can find on the web for free too but obviously meant for after watching or playing the base anime and games. A mobile game has recently been released too along with a switch game I think last year but we're still waiting for an official translation for them both aha

Anyway sorry I rambled, Good luck and have fun watching / playing 😄

ahaha nice to see another fan 😄 and aw thank youuuu so much!

I'd like to take credit for the timing, but they announced releasing what I originally thought was just a remake last month to be aired in October because horror spooky , but now it's coming out and it's not a remake at all. (they even trolled us with the first episode) -Now that I'm watching it and falling back in love with the show, it kept making me think it'd be really fitting for an animal crossing island so that's how this idea came around for spooky season.
The feeling is mutual, hehe 🤩 Oh, of course!~

And I had a feeling that's what it was, haha! When I checked it out, I saw that it began airing at the start of October, so, it makes sense. Still, nice opportunistic thinking, especially now that you're getting your hands on NH, too! It's gonna be a lot of fun 😊

I haven't seen this "reboot/remake" 🤔 Or anything past the first two seasons, for that matter. By the looks of things, I think that's as good as the series is gonna get... 👀 (And by 'things,' I mean the ratings and reviews on everything after Kai.)

Hihi~
Kumi here!

I recently just moved into Hinamikawa and thought I should blog a bit about my time there so far 😄

When I arrived I was greeted with some sort of ritual being held around a fire...?

fire2.jpg
fire.jpg

But they were all smiling and gave us a totally non-suspicious drink, so they can't be that bad!
Later on I found myself wearing some strange clothes in a strange room... But I'm sure that's nothing to worry about!
Ekupu7AUUAAKlsz.jpg

I have been doing a lot of diving too but this one strange man keeps robbing me of my scallops!! :mad:
scallopman.jpg

The two younger Tanukis decided to move out all on their own.... I'm worried the adult racoon has been abusing them but at least they're away from him now!
sho opening.jpg

I'm suspicious of the Tanuki being abusive towards other animals too, since I found all of these one time I was out exploring...
Ekus26bVcAAZhzp.jpg

I met a very nice guy who seemed very interested in them.. He said he could look after them so I transported them all to him.

However since then, I am shocked to find he has been keeping them in captivity like slaves !!!
..They do seem happier though so I guess this is better than whatever the Tanuki had been doing to them...
fish.jpg
b
Ekus26iU8AA1MpV.jpg

I have been doing quite a lot of traveling recently ,and decided to make a path type thing out of flowers until I learn how to make actual paving. It's not much but I think it's cute.
ee.jpg

On my adventures outside Hinamikawa , I visited the City of Mitikihara ...I had heard that magical girls live there, and I certainly met one!
Ekus26PVgAAKedM.jpg

I took a selfie with @DaekemiS while we had matching outfits 😄

Later on I visited the beautiful Atlantis!
I was a little worried about what went on here...
Ekupu6uVMAUvxFU.jpg

But things turned out okay (I only received a minor eye injury!)
and we even jammed out together in a very nice diner!
Ekupu69UUAAk5S-.jpg

Thank you for showing me around @Mad Aly 😄

Due to the spooky season, I have been tending a pumpkin garden surrounding my house and It's coming along well c:
pumpokin.jpg

..Since being attacked by a small demon, I appear to have grown a third eye that occasionally shows up.
Eku0ZZ6UcAEuLDa.jpg

And finally, when I sleep, a weird pink mist seems to appear... I'm starting to think that Tanuki is the cause of these strange hallucinations.
Eku0ZaLVgAUOlPx.jpg

Thanks for reading! And hopefully you'll hear more from me soon~

-Kumi

It's far off becoming the Hinamikawa I planned but we will get there eventually!

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Back