How much wildlife do you see?

How many wild animals do you see on a regular basis?

• Some

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Rarely

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A lot

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
I usually only encounter birds, rats, cats and dogs. Bats if you're up at dawn. There's the butterflies, moths, dragonflies, caterpillars, earthworms, bees, spiders, snails, frogs. Sometimes there's chicken. Very rarely geese. There's also crows and herons but I rarely see them. Snakes can be a surprise. I only every saw a hummingbird in the wild twice.
When it’s hot, I see a lot of hummingbirds zipping around. They’re oddly social, sometimes floating in front of the window. I even saw one look into a baby cardinal’s nest only for the dad to shoo it away! (I named that baby cardinal Chippy and it grew into a female, I think. I see the same family around.) Of course we feed hummingbirds nectar…no wonder they come around lol.

I’ve only seen a snail once or twice as a kid, and it was after it rained. I wish I saw them more often though…they’re interesting!

I live in a more rural area so I see quite a bit of wildlife.

On a frequent basis I see:
- Small birds
- Crows
- Squirrels
- Rabbits
- Groundhogs
- Worms
- Slugs
- Bees
- Moths
- Caterpillars
- Crickets
- Spiders
- Ladybugs
- Mosquitoes
- House Centipedes
- Flies
- Ants

Not as frequent but still pretty regularly:
- Deer
- Opossum
- Skunks
- Mice
- Rats
- Bats
- Snakes
- Frogs
- Toads
- Fish
- Ducks
- Geese
- Vultures
- Hawks
- Eagles
- Skinks
- Cockroaches
- Praying Mantis
- Grasshoppers
- Butterflies
- Fireflies
- Various beetles

Rarely:
- Black Bears
- Raccoons
- Foxes
- Wild Horses
- Wild Turkey
- Northern Harrier
- Heron
- Turtles
- Snails

I don’t see wildlife that often, and I live in the country.

When we first moved in, one of the first animals I saw on our property were two armadillos. But I don’t think any wild animal is welcome on our plot since the dogs would keep them away. Even feral cats that threaten our cats would be chased away by our dogs.

i live in the city so i don't see much wildlife sadly. the most exotic thing i see are stray rabbits. there tends to be a ton of them in my area for some reason.

I live by a forest preserve so we have foxes, coyotes, possums, raccoons, squirrels and deer that come out of nowhere. I don't see all of em all the time but have seen them from time to time. Probably got groundhogs and rabbits and I know there are skunks. And beavers. Also the ground squirrels visit our bird feeders. I've even seen wild turkeys on my street

I live in the city so on a daily basis I don't see a lot aside from squirrels, birds, and hares. I do leave the city pretty often though so during my life I've been able to see a lot of wild animals that are native to where I'm from. Some wild animals I've seen the most are probably, deer, moose, elk, and coyotes. I've also seen wild fox, owls, hummingbirds, garter snakes, frogs, skunk (!), and even a wild black bear before!

I don't think I see much wildlife other than birds, but I do love seeing NZ native birds. I've had a couple tui (native NZ bird with a funny bird song) and moreporks (NZ owl) live in the trees around my area which is super cool! I've also seen a weka (flightless woodhen) chase a rabbit down the state highway 🤣

Not sure if stock counts as wildlife...if it does then I see plenty of cows and sheep. Other than that I see the odd possum as well.

I live out in the rural parts so I see a lot of animals but not as many wild animals. I mostly see the typical birds and squirrels. I do see a good variety of birds though. Where I live there are many in different colours. Occasionally I see lizards on trees and posts. Sometimes I see frogs when it rains a lot.

Back