• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How much has your plan of which residents you want to keep permanently changed since starting ACNH? Which villagers do/did you want?

Has your villager plans changed much or at all since first starting to play the game?

• Yes. It has changed at least one time.

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • Yes, but now I have gotten all the villagers that I wanted and have no plans on replacing them

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • No. I still want to make the same villagers permanent residents

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • No. I’ve gotten all the villagers that I wanted and don’t plan on letting them move.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other. I’m still undecided about who I want.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
I didn't have any "hopes" for what villagers I got when I started the game and I planned on keeping most of my villagers, but that has changed a bit. For instance, recently I let Croque go to have Poppy replace him, and originally I wanted Astrid gone but now I'd prefer if she'd stay, I guess she has grown on me lol

I haven't let anyone go since December. Not for the reason because I have all my "dreamies" but more so because I just don't feel like island hopping and want to take things slow. I cycled through so many villagers that one of my rooms is full of villager photos. There is one dreamie I haven't seen at all while hopping and once that villager moves in it won't matter if anyone stays or leaves.

I didn't even have a villager plan when I started New Horizons, I was designing my town while still figuring it out. At some point I decided I wanted villagers with names that mean something to me; names of friends/family, of TV show characters I watch, Nintendo characters I'm familiar with, etc. And that's worked out quite well so far!

When I first thought about the game before it released I knew I wanted Moe and Tom on my island again, just like I had them in new leaf. I never changed my mind on that. Although, I did briefly want an all squirrel island because I loved Peanut, Pecan, Poppy and Static on my island. I also really wanted to keep Fuchsia and Coach who were my first two villagers, but with time I just ended up having an all cat island, because I never let myself have only cats in new leaf. I plan on keeping the cats that I have, sometimes I consider swapping out Kiki for Punchy, but they are both really cute. Even if I do change my mind later when playing the game, I know I'll keep Moe, Tom, and Kabuki because they are my favorites.

prior to the game’s release, i spent quite a bit of time trying to decide which villagers i wanted - with how many favourites that i have + how indecisive i am, it was certainly a hard task but making and revising my dreamie list helped to keep me sane until launch day finally rolled around 😅. i no longer have my very first dreamie list but if my memory serves me well, i believe it looked something like this;

normal - lolly, skye, margie
peppy - sprinkle
snooty - diana
uchi - fuchsia
lazy - beau
jock - bam
cranky - dobie
smug - leopold

as always, my initial list had me trying to account for at least one villager from every personality but as time went on, my list inevitably got revised and looked like this as of october;

normal - lolly, skye, margie
peppy - audie, sprinkle
snooty - diana
uchi - cherry, katt, agnes or fuchsia
lazy - zucker, beau
jock - kid cat

however, with how much i love island hopping + collecting photos and how many favourite villagers that i have, i’ve learnt quickly that having a set list of villagers doesn’t work out all that well for me and so, i’ve decided to just let villagers come and go as i see fit. i’m planning on having lolly as a permanent villager one day along with maybe marty and chelsea but for the most part, i’d rather keep a few slots open so that i still have the chance to cycle through and meet new villagers. :’) that being said, my updated ‘dreamie list’ is now;

normal - margie, lolly
peppy - audie, sprinkle
snooty - whitney
uchi - fuchsia
lazy - beau

The original set of villagers for my island was supposed to be Marshal, Diana, Fauna, Stitches, Judy, June, Sherb, Julian, Rosie, and Ketchup. I ended up winning Audie in a giveaway while in the process of getting my dreamies, so I decided to replace Rosie with her instead. A while later, Raymond showed up at my campsite. Naturally, I moved him in and decided to kick out Ketchup. My current group of villagers is Marshal, Diana, Fauna, Stitches, Judy, June, Sherb, Audie, Julian, and Raymond.

Didn't really have a plan at first, but wanted to learn more about the different types of personalities. I find myself more drawn to the Smug, Cranky, and Lazy villagers. Been playing for about a year now and I've had 47 different villagers. Enjoy

Attachments

• Active.png
    Active.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Past.png
    Past.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 12
I didn't have a full villager plan before starting NH other then knowing that I wanted Fauna, Wolfgang and Molly after having them in previous games and out of the new villagers I knew I wanted Sherb but I was unsure on which villagers would fill the remaining permanents spaces.

When the game released I did quite a lot of island hopping during the first month of the game and ended up with the following 10 villagers that I was happy with; Fauna, Maple, Goldie, Marina, Sherb, Beau, Diana, Judy, Raymond and Marshall. The majority of these weren't villagers I'd been actively looking for but I'd decided to invite to the island when low on NMTs and ended up falling in love with most of them. I kept these 10 for quite a while and had thought most would be my permanent villagers, with the intention of swapping two of them for Wolfgang and Molly.

After keeping the same 10 for a long time I decided I wanted to collect photos from other villagers I was interested in and swapped my current ones around quite a bit to try and get an idea on which ones I'd want permanently, which has been made harder to decide on with the Sanrio villagers.

Currently my villagers are; Fauna, Wolfgang, Molly, Sherb, Diana, Judy, Raymond, Rosie, Peanut and Toby, most of these I'm sure I want to keep permanently other then Peanut who I plan to replace with either Marshall or Erik and Toby who I plan to swap out for another Sanrio villager once I have his photo to decide whether I want to keep any of those ones permanently.

Back