• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

did you come up with lore for your villagers?

Nothing in depth, but I like to think of what their relationships and little quirks are based on how they interact with each other of the things they do. Like Apollo is ALWAYS singing so he must be into karaoke as a past time. Reneigh and Raymond hang out a looot so they are definitely very good friends, Gala is 100% a bank robber Um, maybe forget that last one....
at first i didn't really think too much about their relationships and friendships, but the more i played the more i would see certain pairs hanging out and it just naturally evolved from there hehe
and same with their quirks! the ones that sing a lot, fishing, getting zoomies, i like changing my headcanon of them from what i see them doing haha ...gala is um what 😲

at first i didn't really think too much about their relationships and friendships, but the more i played the more i would see certain pairs hanging out and it just naturally evolved from there hehe
and same with their quirks! the ones that sing a lot, fishing, getting zoomies, i like changing my headcanon of them from what i see them doing haha ...gala is um what 😲
Right? Some of them really do just do the same things over and over. I will one day pul;l out my screencaps that lead to this. But the theory started with her default (NH) house design lol!!

I have some silly lore for my villagers but it's all directly based on information given in the game, e.g. Astrid is a kangaroo and has a guitar in her house in older games which gets replaced with baby furniture, so I decided she was in an Australian rock band but became a single mother and moved to a quiet town to raise her kid. It's a lot of fun so I ended coming up with a backstory for all of my villagers moving to my town hahahaha

Amelia and Avery are in either in a relationship or a very intense friendship, haha. Their houses weren't anywhere near each other in NL, but they were ALWAYS hanging out and talking to one another. Naturally, I put them side by side in NH. :')

Cranston is my character's best friend. He's a lovable idiot who seems to have developed a strange fixation on bugs. TBH, they probably help him out since he needs all the help he can get.

This one doesn't take a whole lot of creativity, but Knox and Sterling are the knights of the independent country of Halcyon (my island). I put their houses near the entrance so they can scope out any would-be invaders. :3

I have some silly lore for my villagers but it's all directly based on information given in the game, e.g. Astrid is a kangaroo and has a guitar in her house in older games which gets replaced with baby furniture, so I decided she was in an Australian rock band but became a single mother and moved to a quiet town to raise her kid. It's a lot of fun so I ended coming up with a backstory for all of my villagers moving to my town hahahaha
that's such a cute fact haha i hope she still keeps in touch with her other bandmates 🥺
Post automatically merged:

Amelia and Avery are in either in a relationship or a very intense friendship, haha. Their houses weren't anywhere near each other in NL, but they were ALWAYS hanging out and talking to one another. Naturally, I put them side by side in NH. :')

Cranston is my character's best friend. He's a lovable idiot who seems to have developed a strange fixation on bugs. TBH, they probably help him out since he needs all the help he can get.

This one doesn't take a whole lot of creativity, but Knox and Sterling are the knights of the independent country of Halcyon (my island). I put their houses near the entrance so they can scope out any would-be invaders. :3
amazing it's like when a teacher notices two students crushing so they change the seating plans to have them next to each other 🤭

lovable idiot... that could describe so many of my villagers pfff they're endearing though! 🫶

omg i love that, right at the entrance to protect everybody

Well I love reading all of the irl attributes you have attributed to your villagers. They were all fun to read and so creativ! I love my villagers but I think my mind isn't creative enough to even think about doing this. If I did create little scenarios in my head I would probably forget them when taking a break from playing and then I would have to start all over, lol.

Well I love reading all of the irl attributes you have attributed to your villagers. They were all fun to read and so creativ! I love my villagers but I think my mind isn't creative enough to even think about doing this. If I did create little scenarios in my head I would probably forget them when taking a break from playing and then I would have to start all over, lol.
i get it 😂 just based on the in game interactions and instances, i’ve started designing the island based on those friendships and relationships so it makes things easier to remember.
i also talk to my friends who have more lore on their islands than me so it keeps things fresh in my mind. i also decided to take a gander at making my villagers as sims just for fun 🤗

I’ve seen people posting their lore for their islanders which is cleaver but I’m to lazy to make any lore for my islanders hahaha they are just as lost as me 😂 we all just took a plane to an island😊

I’ve seen people posting their lore for their islanders which is cleaver but I’m to lazy to make any lore for my islanders hahaha they are just as lost as me 😂 we all just took a plane to an island😊
honestly completely understandable - as long as everyone is friendly with each other, that's all that really matters ☺️

reading all of these is so interesting ! everyone is goving their villagers such rich inner lives haha 🤗

i don't do it very much nowadays but i feel like for acnl and acgc i really did. fun to see how your own relationship with the same mechanic of a game series will change like that over time.

reading all of these is so interesting ! everyone is goving their villagers such rich inner lives haha 🤗

i don't do it very much nowadays but i feel like for acnl and acgc i really did. fun to see how your own relationship with the same mechanic of a game series will change like that over time.
oh yes, i'm excited for the next game in the series and since my current villager list was random, i won't force the same ones in the next island/town
new place, new lore ;3

YES a lot of it during the Island Journal event. Still want to finish up my lil story. Coming up with lore for villagers is a lot of fun and makes the game a bit more interesting.
yes!!! i think it makes things more interesting especially when there's gift deliveries, fights, or when they visit each other heh

@TN4U oh...my... okay time for me to make some notes as i read !!
  • poor patty :c glad to hear she's adjusting well! i act on my emotions a lot and that's caused some issues before, so i get it patty, i get it 😞
  • bob's.. crayon incident 👀 whatever could this mean. me too!!!! sometimes i can get too excited and talk way too fast, way quicker than my mouth can keep up so i'll have to take a breather then start the sentence over but sloooowly this time. THEY JUST DUMPED HIM....poor baby
  • honestly, good for you mallary. you did your job earnestly only for other factors come into play to ruin that, and it's good she was able to get away from it all. nice to see she isn't one of those who try to bring the city onto the island 😌
  • glad to see cherry realize that early on! i bet she collabs with kk slider during the weekend concerts heh
  • oh noooo poor tom 😭😭 he'll definitely become the resident grumpy gramp of the island, complain about things but still offering to help out the other residents
Heh, nice to see that my silly lore got read!

I promised to do the rest of my Wahu villagers, so I made more dumb lore on my newly-created Island Blog. It's a WIP, so check it out if you're ever bored!

I'm convinced that Judy has a crush on Julian, just look at the way she gazes up at him.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoLT9_BaYAAZexz?format=jpg&name=large
LEi9gWF.jpg

And when he came over to her house she followed him around like this the whole time.

Not at all. My villagers were chosen based on species and color scheme. I have eight dogs and two wolves. I no longer play, but I loved the villagers on my island. I haven't been more fond of a group of characters since the Totodile evolution line.

Back