did you plan out your island prior to getting the game? 🏝️💭

did you make any plans for your island prior to you getting the game?

• yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • no

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
All I planned for Wahu when I got the game was that both shops and the museum would be lined up horizontally with the RS building. They're still in the same areas today, but not in the exact same spots as I had to push all the buildings back a bit make room for decorating.

Everything else I just decorated as I saw fit.

I did not plan out my main/first town at all. I just made it up as I went along which resulted in some...interestingly shaped empty areas to play with afterwards.

My second town I wanted to have a medieval castle theme so I did plan that one out pretty extensively before I started.

I'm the kind of weird person that enjoys planning everything out meticulously so I got really excited and made a file outlining every last detail, I even drew out a map.

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6487.jpeg

We obviously didn't have all of the information about the game so I made some incorrect assumptions (like the café being a separate building 🥲) which meant that I had to change a lot of plans once I actually got around to building the island, but looking at these two maps together I'm pretty surprised by how much of the original design I kept, even down to the specific furniture (which we'd only seen in trailers at the time). The main difference is that there turned out to be a lot more space that I didn't account for. I also changed my mind on the villagers based on how the models looked in-game. I'm very happy with my island now!

The only thing I planned for on my first island was the island name. I kinda wish I had looked more into the game. I should have known that airport color would have such a huge impact then and wish I had picked a different color. I was just happy my starters were Flo and Buck.
When I started my second island on my second switch I did more planning. I also planned for my third island when I restarted my second switch island.

I'm the kind of weird person that enjoys planning everything out meticulously so I got really excited and made a file outlining every last detail, I even drew out a map.

We obviously didn't have all of the information about the game so I made some incorrect assumptions (like the café being a separate building 🥲) which meant that I had to change a lot of plans once I actually got around to building the island, but looking at these two maps together I'm pretty surprised by how much of the original design I kept, even down to the specific furniture (which we'd only seen in trailers at the time). The main difference is that there turned out to be a lot more space that I didn't account for. I also changed my mind on the villagers based on how the models looked in-game. I'm very happy with my island now!
this is so adorable ! i love this hand drawn map. its got great character. i really wish you had been right about the cafe being a separate building haha. cool how close you stuck to it, yeah !

i planned for so long lmao
Post automatically merged:

lol same

Not at all. I just went with the flow. I just knew I wanted a hockey rink, and that was the only thing I accomplished.

I didn't plan anything because I "inherited" the game from my son when he lost interest after 2 weeks. So the island layout had already been chosen, it had a name and a few other details were already done. But I doubt I would have done any preplanning anyway as I am a go with the flow kinda person. And you don't know what you don't know, right?! But I've had a super fun time with what I have accomplished on my island. At this point, I am in no hurry to restart my island. I actually have done zero terraforming with my current one and I'm ok with that.

this is so adorable ! i love this hand drawn map. its got great character. i really wish you had been right about the cafe being a separate building haha. cool how close you stuck to it, yeah !
Thank you! It's pretty messy but it got the job done haha

Man I still wish we did get the café building, it would have been so cool to see what builds everyone would make for that.

Oh yeah. I planned quite extensively. I was going to include screenshots of the plans written in my IPhone notes but its so many screenshots that it's more economical for me to just copy and paste. My phone says I created these two plans in mid-January 2020, but I know I was planning before then too. Here's what I wrote:

Island Name; Bermuda
Characters; Monday (M) [MAIN]
Quote; The pride is in Bermuda!

Ladybird (F)
Shol (M)
Monica (F)
Olive (F)
Noodle (F)

Quote; Désolé!

Odd (M)
Zane (M)

Theme: Pink Exclusive. Like Bermuda in ACNL, All pink flowers excluding tulips because theyre too bright, random patterns in the flowers, can be laid out however as long as two flowers of the same type are not next to each other. Peaches as town fruit. Section of town can be dedicated to all flower variations and fruit free types in rainbow order. Pink paths that look like they would make a brick or concrete footstep noise when walked on, likely the same paths used in my NL town (since the announcement previously made QR paths would be valid in NH), [GET THE QR CODES OFF OF THAT JAPANESE WEBSITE DONT FORGET MONDAY] dirt paths for forest themed areas (one wide) but kept limited, as novelties. There dirt paths would lead to small areas with natural or white furniture and small presents, i.e candies, bubble wands, pinwheels or similar items,,, preferably a present somewhere around town (near Ladybirds and Odds???) . If PWPS are an option, the bell, lamppost, white bench, instrument shelter or other similar PWPS would be preferred. The town will be light and not have too much of a storyline aside from a royal(esque) system amongst player characters, with the Leader at the top of the hypothetical food chain. All characters should have fully expanded houses so that 100%-ing furniture is easier. near Monday and Shols houses will have a fountain around 5-10 spaces away if an option, path going around it. No spruce trees in the entirety of the town as they would be too dark to match the rest of it.

Villagers; O'Hare, Molly, Wolfgang, Apollo

Northern Hemisphere
Island Motto; The faith in pink, the faith in Bermuda!

or: Hazy August Night theme like Oak Bay ACCF, Apples (preferably perfect) as the fruit of the town, densely planted. Bushes and clovers everywhere, a lack of solid paths, rather, broken dirt paths that just /vaguely/ guide the player where they need to be, over grown feeling, weeds/clovers dotted around but not overwhelmingly, spruce trees heavily populate free land. If PWPS are an option, log bench, stone tablet and statue fountain or similar projects would be wanted. if mushrooms are featured (or better yet, the acorns from ACWW) they would be utilised and placed around town. If this theme is chosen there will be a bit more of a story to Bermuda. Villagers would all be in one area of the Island except for Molly, who would be isolated from them all. Her catchphrase would be "Where am I" "I shouldnt be here" or other such phrases that someone does not think they would hear in such a game. Everything else would be Fairly light, aside from player quotes. There would hot be a rainbow flower section, however an area would be dedicated to all fruit trees types. Would use campfires as seen in promo art.
Quote if chosen theme; The warmth and safety is in Bermuda.
Villagers: O'hare, Marina, Apollo, MOLLY, JUNE, coco, wolfgang

OK I came running back to this thread to say I actually just found some evidence on this very forum that I was planning my island as early as 2018! How crazy of me, but nobody who knows my love for AC will be surprised.

https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/anybody-already-planning-their-towns.459789/ <- Nov 6th 2018, exactly 500 days before ACNH's release, I was planning what my town would be and encouraging others to do so as well :')

No, I didn’t plan my first island. But I regretted deeply that I didn’t plan it, I restarted it even though I had all my dreamies and a lot of recipes. And then I chose a proper map and a proper name where I can use for multiple themes so I don’t loose dreamies and recipes again.

Kind of. I did plan out my museum area beforehand. Also, I knew that I wanted Nook’s Cranny and Ables to be on either side of the town square. But that’s about it. Everything else was added along the way.

No and I wasn't expecting terraforming! When I found out, I changed EVERYTHING. I had to move EVERY SINGLE building and I terraformed all the island to change its shape. I planned it first and then got myself to work on it!

I actually never had a plan she just kept changing but i was never very happy with it but once the update came i completely flatten it, cause i did not want to start a new island, to then bring it all up a level 🤦🏽‍♀️😂 and somehow i really like how its coming along now although i feel its not 100% yet, specially my beaches 🏝

I had planned every inch of it, even before we got to know how the island's map would look like. I remember trying to analyze trailers to understand how big the island would have been so that I could better plan for it.
However, I never intended to strictly stick to my plan, I mainly did it for fun and to gather ideas to decorate my island. I ended up starting from my plan but restructuring parts of my island every now and then until I was satisfied with how it looked. I still like to make some changes, even though I am really happy with how my island currently looks like.

Truthfully the only two things I planned were having an elegant garden park (Which didn't turn out well) and having Mira and Sprocket as my starting villagers.

Everything else was a new experience, so I couldn't have figured out what to plan out without spoiling myself first.

Now, I have my themed planned out. I am no longer going for an elegant-core and instead a city-core. The reason being that 2.0 buffed the citycore island players with new items sporting the citycore vibes.

My first island was a shared island so I didn’t. The next one is my own so I was planning a fairy tale theme. It’s not perfect but I love how it turned out!

I only planned the name of my island since it was the same name that I used in New Leaf for one of my towns! I had hoped for cherries as a native fruit but didn't want to keep resetting so I ended up with apples which I was happy enough with.

Back