• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do you pronounce your username?

It's short for Animal Crossing: City Folk and my favorite villager, Sally.
A-C-C-F- Sally.

When making my username, I was playing City Folk at the time and I made an account on another AC forum board before making one here.

Aha! This thread is for me!

Jadetine is a character I created decades ago and her name has the pretentious pronunciation:
"JAY-duh-teen"
Yep, it's actually 3 syllables.

Mostly I hear it as two words JADE TINE, but that's what I should expect...

Ah (as in at, as, etc.) - zuh - reh - nuh
or
Ah (as in at, as, etc.) - zuh - ree - nuh

I usually pronounce it the first way, but the second is also acceptable~

Kay-awe-teh-ko. Basically the word "chaotic" but with an "o" tagged on the end. Can't remember how I exactly came up with it. Just remember that I thought it sounded cool.

Mine is just pronounced Meh-la-ny and then the word scribbles. The first part of that name is like the word 'meh', only then with a silent h.

I love how I don't really have to over-explain my name to English speakers: you wouldn't believe how many people mispronounce the name part of my username over in the Netherlands! In my native language (Dutch), people often mispronounce it as May-la-ny here, since you spell it with one L. They say the first part like the month of May. If you'd want to have a Dutch person saying it correctly on the first try, you'd have to spell it with 2 L's. I have honestly had to correct too many teachers back when I was still in school. Most people here consistently get it right after 3 corrections or so, though.

Mine is just pronounced Meh-la-ny and then the word scribbles.

I love how I don't have to over-explain my name to English speakers: you wouldn't believe how many people mispronounce the name part of my username over in the Netherlands! People often mispronounce it as May-la-ny here, since you spell it with one L. If you'd want to have a Dutch person saying it correctly on the first try, you'd have to spell it with 2 L's. I have honestly had to correct too many teachers back when I was still in school. Most people consistently get it right after 3 corrections or so, though. Most people here don't even try if the name looks like it's complicated while written, but they tend to mess up on simple-seeming names like mine. The fact that I actually knew a May-la-ny back in high school (whose name you spell the exact same way) definitely didn't help matters... :ROFLMAO:

Back