how do you pronounce your username?

It's short for Animal Crossing: City Folk and my favorite villager, Sally.
A-C-C-F- Sally.

When making my username, I was playing City Folk at the time and I made an account on another AC forum board before making one here.

Aha! This thread is for me!

Jadetine is a character I created decades ago and her name has the pretentious pronunciation:
"JAY-duh-teen"
Yep, it's actually 3 syllables.

Mostly I hear it as two words JADE TINE, but that's what I should expect...

Ah (as in at, as, etc.) - zuh - reh - nuh
or
Ah (as in at, as, etc.) - zuh - ree - nuh

I usually pronounce it the first way, but the second is also acceptable~

Kay-awe-teh-ko. Basically the word "chaotic" but with an "o" tagged on the end. Can't remember how I exactly came up with it. Just remember that I thought it sounded cool.

Mine is just pronounced Meh-la-ny and then the word scribbles. The first part of that name is like the word 'meh', only then with a silent h.

I love how I don't really have to over-explain my name to English speakers: you wouldn't believe how many people mispronounce the name part of my username over in the Netherlands! In my native language (Dutch), people often mispronounce it as May-la-ny here, since you spell it with one L. They say the first part like the month of May. If you'd want to have a Dutch person saying it correctly on the first try, you'd have to spell it with 2 L's. I have honestly had to correct too many teachers back when I was still in school. Most people here consistently get it right after 3 corrections or so, though.

Mine is just pronounced Meh-la-ny and then the word scribbles.

I love how I don't have to over-explain my name to English speakers: you wouldn't believe how many people mispronounce the name part of my username over in the Netherlands! People often mispronounce it as May-la-ny here, since you spell it with one L. If you'd want to have a Dutch person saying it correctly on the first try, you'd have to spell it with 2 L's. I have honestly had to correct too many teachers back when I was still in school. Most people consistently get it right after 3 corrections or so, though. Most people here don't even try if the name looks like it's complicated while written, but they tend to mess up on simple-seeming names like mine. The fact that I actually knew a May-la-ny back in high school (whose name you spell the exact same way) definitely didn't help matters... :ROFLMAO:

Back