• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Have you travelled internationally, and where? 🌏

Which continents have you travelled to (including your home continent)?

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Squirtle Squad
Bells
Island
Cyan Heart Glow Wand
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Space Whale Plush
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Hello again, travellers (and non-travellers alike) 🏝 😊 💕

I now ask you, where have you been?

Why did you go there? As a tourist? To live? Do you want to visit again?

Poll note: There are far too many countries to list as international travel destinations (I'm sure many people from Europe have travelled internationally within Europe), so I've opted for a related, but different, question!

Nope, never been outside of the US, I don't even have a passport. I'd love to plan a roadtrip to Canada sometime soon because I live relatively close to there, but I haven't gotten the chance yet.

I'm from the US and I've been to both the United Kingdom and France for a school trip. I'd like to go again not as a tour group so I have more time to focus on what I want to see in particular.

I've been to locations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, but never to another continent yet. :)

I don't think I've ever listed the countries I've been to. I feel like it's very little for a European because it feels like most of my peers have been to almost every country in Europe and then some more lmfao 😭 If you are from the USA don't forget that you should basically list every state you have been to as a country.

So let's see ...

Lived:
Austria
Finland
Mainland China

Longer visits:
Japan (could say "lived" but it was just on holiday)
New Zealand
Croatia

Midlenght visits (max three weeks):
Italy

Shorter visits (max one week):
Germany
France
Czech
Slovakia
Hungary

When I was staying in Germany with a host family we drove over the border into the Netherlands to buy flowers... Does that count? Lmao

Nope. I've never left Canada before, and I have only left my home province once in my entire life. I'm very much somebody who doesn't care for travelling, lmao.

I live in the US and have traveled to Canada (British Columbia) many times. I have family that lives out there, so it's always a treat when I get to visit!

I love travelling and there are a lot of places around the world I’d like to visit but so far I’ve only visited other countries in Europe (I live in the UK so have often found it easier to take the short haul flights over to the continent rather then travelling long haul) and a few trips to North America.

Europe

France
- holiday at Disneyland Paris
Spain - once to the mainland (Alicante) and once to the Balearics (Majorca)
Portugal (Algarve)
Cyprus (Ayia Napa)
Turkey - visited 3 times to an area called Uzumlu, it’s a small rustic type town with a lot of character in the mountains. Fethiye (the closest main tourist destination) is about a 20 minute drive down the mountains.
Greece (Corfu)
Italy - during the same trip I visited Venice, Milan (also travelled to Monza from here on some of the days for the Italian Grand Prix weekend) and Lake Garda
Norwegian Fjords - Haugesund, Skjolden, Olden and Bergen on a cruise
Holland (Amsterdam - just a day trip)
Belgium (Ypres - just a day for a school history trip)

North America

Canada
- holiday to visit my uncle, aunt and cousins who live in Canada, just outside Toronto
Florida - holidayed here 4 times, mostly in Orlando but did spend a week in Naples on one trip
New York - once with family to celebrate one of my brothers birthdays and once with school for an economics trip
Las Vegas
Caribbean
- Bahamas, St Thomas (US Virgin Islands), Dominica, Grenada, Aruba and Bonaire on a cruise

I think that is everywhere I’ve travelled to, I’d love to visit many more places though, especially on some of the continents I haven’t been to yet.

I haven’t been anywhere outside of the United States, but I have traveled within the country many times. My senior class in high school planned a trip to Canada, but I didn’t go due to all of their requirements and stipulations. I also didn’t wanted to be around those people any longer than I had to. I wanted to solo travel and have freedom. For a school trip, I expected a hefty itinerary. My senior project for school allowed me to travel, too, but it was by myself.

I am not a fan of travelling in general, so I haven't been very far from home. I live in the US and I've mostly travelled up and down the East Coast, as far north as New York and as far south as Florida. I did honeymoon in the Bahamas, which was my only trip outside of the US, and I loved it there. If not for the airports and plane ride, it would have been a perfect trip.

I don't know if it will ever happen, but in the future I would love to move to Australia and visit Japan.

I'm from Canada and I've been to the US, Malaysia, and Japan before. I've also been on long trips within Canada to see other provinces far from me, but there's still a lot of Canada I haven't seen yet either!

I enjoy travelling! Well, not the actual travelling part where you have to go through immigration and customs and lug your baggage around but I do enjoy being in a different country to experience a different culture. I love trying new food and drinks. For me, visiting a museum is as fun as visiting the local supermarket! I live in Southeast Asia, on a concrete jungle of a tiny island where you can get from one side to the other in under two hours. We feel like if we don't travel every now and then, we will suffer cabin island fever.

Wall of text incoming. 😅

Over the decades, I've been to the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, China, Europe, UK and Japan.

Egypt was enthralling. This was almost 30 years ago. I will never forget the cruise down the Nile. The ancient temples with their imposing pillars, completely covered in hieroglyphics, were a sight to behold. I enjoyed them a lot more than visiting the pyramids and sphinx in Cairo. Funny story: We had a local guide who insisted we exchanged jokes everyday. The bawdier, the better. It was in Cairo that I watched belly-dancing for the first time. I was mesmerized.

Turkey was full of surprises. We visited the site of the Temple of Artemis. Not much is left but it was still a thrill to be there. Cappadocia was quaint and charming. Took too many photos. Entering the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, I stood and gaped at the beauty and magnificence of its interior.

China was big and bustling and fascinating. We sailed down the Yangtze River, the longest river in Asia. Managed to see the ancient terracotta army in Xian, which for me was the highlight of the trip. Being on the Great Wall felt like a special experience too. If only it wasn't so crowded! The stone forest in Yunnan was a bewildering feast for my eyes. But the place I'd return to if I had the chance again would be Guilin. It's picturesque in a most surreal way.

Going to South Africa with my best friend was an unforgettable time. We travelled along the scenic Garden Route. Our safari was at the Khoka Moya camp in the Manyeleti Game Reserve. We spotted all of the Big Five except the leopard. I love animals and I was so happy to be able to see them in their natural environment. We learned a lot from the local rangers. It was also in South Africa that I first saw a night sky filled with seemingly endless stars. It was after dinner, we were walking back to our rooms (more like tiny cottages), and I looked up. Stopped in my tracks and stared. SO. MANY. STARS.

Japan is one of those places close enough for me to have visited several times to see the different seasons. Loved the onsen experience. Was a little addicted to it, actually. Hokkaido had amazing food. On a few trips to Tokyo, we made Ikebukuro our base and planned day trips out. Seeing the hundreds of blooming hydrangea at the Hasedera Temple in Kamakura left a huge impression on me.

I would recommend that if anyone could, to travel as much as possible, as far as possible. It's always an eye-opening adventure. The beauty of nature, the hospitality of strangers, the excitement of experiencing the new and unfamiliar. I always feel like a child again when I travel. So much to learn, so little time! ♥

Traveling is a fun thing to do. I get to experience the culture, food, and tourist attractions.

I visited Guatemala and Mexico. I am hoping to visit other places in the future.

i love travelling! although obviously haven't managed to do loads for a number of reasons. i live in the uk so it's been a lot easier to go to a bunch of places within europe - i've been to france twice, italy, germany, croatia, cyprus, tenerife, mallorca, and crete. i think that's all of them? but I've only been outside of Europe once - I went to Costa Rica for 4 weeks back in the summer of 2019 to do a volunteering trip which was so much fun. i'd love to travel a bit more extensively once covid has lifted (and i have the time/money!)

I am also uk 😊 I wish I had traveled more but hopefully will in the future.

I have mostly been to the Spanish islands (never mainland Spain for some reason) so Balearics (Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza) and Canaries (Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote. The furthest I have been is Cyprus which was a beautiful island. I do love Portugal and went there for my last two summer holidays (pre covid 🥲)

Back