• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Have you travelled internationally, and where? šŸŒ

Which continents have you travelled to (including your home continent)?

• Total voters
I definitely expected Africa, Antarctica and Oceania to be low on the poll. I've been to all but those three.

My home country is in a different continent as either of my parents, so that's why. I've been to California, Colorado, Florida, New York, the border of Canada, Ecuador, England, Wales, the Philippines and Beijing.

Beijing was a bit of serendipity. It's where my connecting flight was, but our plane was late for it, so they gave free lodging to everyone who missed it because of that. They booked us at the earliest possible flight, which was in 24 hours, so we got to do a little tour of the Great Wall while we waited. 'Twas a fun little excursion with our little makeshift plane family. c:

This is quite embarrassing but I haven't travelled outside of Europe. I am from Scotland and I have been to Italy as a child to visit that half of my family but I don't remember much unfortunately. I'd love to return someday. I currently live in Germany. Some of my dream destinations are Japan, South Korea, Iceland and Norway but with my anxiety I don't know how feasible that will be.

i live in the US and havenā€™t gotten too many chances to travel outside my home state of california over the years; however i have been to new york, arizona, and hawaii. in august i was given the opportunity to travel to el salvador. i got to meet and stay with some family members who are from there, and it was an absolutely incredible experience. i cant wait to return, and to also visit other countries! my time in el salvador definitely gave me the ā€œtravel bugā€ and now iā€™m itching to see what else is out there. šŸ˜Š

I've been to a lot of places, but only once overseas to the Bahamas. I took a lot of pictures, swam with dolphins, went snorkeling/diving around sharks, stingrays, giant sea-turtles, and this huge manta-ray. I still have the pictures and video all saved to my computer and or flashdrives. I really should organize them and then share them somewhere.

I've been to China once when I was younger and lived there for a couple years ( maybe less? ) until I started school in the states. I don't remember much about it except for little bits here and there. I honestly can't even remember what part of China it was, guess I'll have to ask my mom someday. Other than that, I live in the US ( currently in Virginia ) and have been to a few other states. I've lived in both Maryland and California in the past. I've visited New York, New Jersey, Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, and Florida.

I love traveling, and I have the goal of visiting every American state and 6 continents. So far I have been to 11 states (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Florida, Texas, and California) and 2 continents (both Americas).

I've only left the country once, visiting Aruba. But I was too young to remember it. I really want to travel!

Also, I've lived in two states. Massachusetts for pretty much my entire life and Rhode Island for 3 college semesters.

I've only traveled to three continents: South America (Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina), North America (US, Mexico) and Europe (Iceland, when I younger. Not sure why we went)
I want to go to many other places. Japan and more in Europe. Mostly Mediterranean since I hate the cold and it has the best food.

I've been to Cuba a couple of times a few years ago for a week-long vacation at a beach resort. Nothing too exciting, but there were some travel packages that allowed a group of people to be transported to different places in the country. According to a minute's worth of Google search, Cuba is a part of North America.

I have also traveled to Asia, more specifically The Philippines a few times growing up for the purpose of meeting my family relatives there. Those visits lasted for at least two months, probably more since I couldn't keep track of time when I was younger. I definitely made a lot of memories, though!

I've been around a bit since I'm working in the tourism sector. I'm located in Europe so most of my travels were there and parts of Northern Africa and Western part of Russia. 2 years in a row, I was also located in Milwaukee, USA for my work and stayed there for the winter seasons (Almost frozen, lol).

In my own time, for vacation purposes I've been to East & Western parts of the USA, Mexico, Japan and the Maldives. I still have lots of beautiful places on my bucket list but that's on hold due to the world's situation right now (mainly Australia, new zealand and South africa)

Here are the states Iā€™ve been to and are listed in no particular order:

Pennsylvania - My birth place and where my dad resides.
Arizona - The place I like to call home.
Ohio
Utah
New York
Colorado
Missouri
Nevada
Indiana
Texas
Florida
Tennessee
Alabama
New Mexico
Kentucky
Nebraska
California

I love to travel! It's so much fun going to different beautiful places and meeting new people, exploring new cultures, beaches, etc. It's always an experience ^ ^

Within the country I have been to-

California
Florida
Washington
Texas
New Mexico
Colorado
Alaska

Internationally I have been to-

Costa Rica (twice- it is so beautiful there and eventually that is the place I want to get married on the beach : )
Mexico
Sint Maarten
Canada
Puerto Rico
Jamaica
and I think theres somewhere else but maybe not?

I have LOTS of travel stories if anyone's interested I can share : )
Saw a tarantula IN the house that was the size of my face in Costa Rica, had my passport stolen, almost got left behind in Costa Rica (nearly stuck in the country), lost all my money, swam with dolphins, explored bat caves, almost got stranded on a 10 mile hike, chased by a monkey hoard, saw a beautiful mama bear with her babies, went snorkeling in coral reefs, etc.

Born/raised in Korea -> moved to the US for college -> moved to Malaysia for work -> moved to Cambodia for work (also where my dad is from). Iā€™ve travelled quite a bit when I was younger with my family. Iā€™ve been to a few European countries, but a lot of it I canā€™t remember because I was too young. As I grew older I still liked to travel but mostly to countries near me (I donā€™t like going too far and I get really claustrophobic on long plane rides). Iā€™ve travelled a lot of Asia and South East Asia with my friends or for work because Iā€™m based in S.EA now. Iā€™ve taken a road trip from Cambodia to Thailand and Laos. My favourite SEA country to visit was Indonesia, especially Sumatra, where we went for hiking. I also loved visiting Japan and I regret not doing it more often when I lived in Korea. I went once for work where I just stayed in Tokyo and once with my friend for holiday where we went to a few different cities. Tbh I donā€™t really have a big desire to travel anymore, but I do wanna take a road trip to Vietnam someday.

I visited United States with my daddy in the year 2000, he worked in the twin towers of the World Trade Center, i used to think this place was so cool! ā™„ļø
he had promised he would take me again to spend Christmas Eve with him in 2011 unfortunately this never happened.
because of the terrible events of September 11th. šŸ˜ž
and i visited Japan two times with my mommy, in 1998 we gonne to Nagano, to watch the Winter Games it was awesome!
and last time we have gonne in a visit on the temple Senso-ji in 2018. ahhh.. beautiful place! I wish i could live there!
I love Japan is my favorite countryšŸ˜

been to every continent except south America and Africa, unfortunately because of covid haven't travelled anywhere in like 2 years :(

I have LOTS of travel stories if anyone's interested I can share : )
Saw a tarantula IN the house that was the size of my face in Costa Rica, had my passport stolen, almost got left behind in Costa Rica (nearly stuck in the country), lost all my money, swam with dolphins, explored bat caves, almost got stranded on a 10 mile hike, chased by a monkey hoard, saw a beautiful mama bear with her babies, went snorkeling in coral reefs, etc.
Oh goodness! Chased by a hoard of monkeysā€½ šŸ˜± That sounds terrifying! Honestly, a lot of the things you mentioned would have me in a panic!

Oh goodness! Chased by a hoard of monkeysā€½ šŸ˜± That sounds terrifying! Honestly, a lot of the things you mentioned would have me in a panic!
yeahh there was a whole pack of them chasing us in Costa Rica šŸ˜­ A lot of scary experiences but they make for good stories afterwards : )

i was born in asia, but i have lived in the US my whole life. In college i studied abroad in europe (germany) for a semester and traveled around to various european countries while I was there! european culture is soo different from american culture, especially hispanic culture which im use to since I am hispanic/latina and from a big city in texas, so I actually didnt like europe that much lmao. It was a very cool experience though and I am glad that I went, but I don't plan on going back anytime soon šŸ˜…

i've been to paxos and mauritius with my family on holiday when i was smaller.

Last edited:
I've been to quite a few places I guess. The continents I've seen the most of are Asia and Africa.

I used to live in China and had a lot of free time when I was there so extensively travelled around Asia during that time. China itself is a glorious country with so many different landscapes and cultures. Currently living in South Korea now but with not so much time and also international travel is not as easy as it once was either.

In Africa my intention was to see the majority of the continent (I took a year out for myself) but Covid hit and I had to well...uhm...flee. I did see almost all countries considered a part of West Africa though before Covid, and also a couple verging into Southern territory. It's an amazing part of the world and a really good place to go if you don't want a traditional tourist experience. From camping in the middle of random forests to sweet talking corrupt border officials to showering in rivers after a week of nothing but baby wipes - such an unregulated part of the world that is an explorer's dream. Hard to pick one highlight country as there are so many and all with different charms but also distinctly West African as well- it's just a great part of the world.

Other parts of the world I've been are Fiji, the States and Venezuela which enables me to tick the boxes for all those continents haha.

I've explored my own continent somewhat but as I'm not from the mainland (European but from the UK) it's not like I grew up road tripping around the continent like a lot of people from other European countries do. And when I was old enough to have my own money and decide my own travel I always looked further afield. There is a lot of my own continent, as well as my own country, I want to see though.

I'm from New Zealand so I live in Oceania and have travelled to Asia, North America, Europe, and North America.

Back