• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How many different New Leaf towns have you had?

How many different New Leaf towns have you had?

Votes: 15 32.6%

Votes: 9 19.6%

Votes: 7 15.2%

Votes: 6 13.0%

Votes: 5 10.9%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
How many different New Leaf towns have you created or lived in? Feel free to tell us a bit about each one.

I've lived in 5:
  1. Eden - this is the town me and my sister made together when the game released in 2013. At the time we only had one 3DS. Honestly, I have the most good memories of this town even though it was frustrating to share a town at times.
  2. Beyond - I bought my own 3DS and copy of the game in 2014, and then moved my character out of Eden to become the mayor of Beyond. I have lots of good memories of this town as well - overall I think it's the town I had the most play time in.
  3. Hamilton - at some point in 2016, I got a second copy of AC:NL and made this town. I was trying to create a town themed after the musical Hamilton because I was going through a phase at that time. But I didn't end up playing in the town that much because this is around when I went to university. I actually have no idea where this second copy of the game currently is....
  4. Cacturne - in 2019 I reset Beyond because I hadn't played in so long. I think I only played actively in this town for around 2 months, I don't remember much about it.
  5. Humphrey - so when I dug out my 3DS for this event, this was the town on my cartridge. But here's the thing: I have literally no memory of ever creating this town. Apparently I did it in July 2021, but I was super busy around that time and certainly don't remember playing AC:NL? I clearly put some work into the town though because I have good villagers, 2 stories on my house and some PWPs have been built. Seeing this town made me want to start playing again because it's a pretty nice town, albeit it a fever dream.

It's hard to say cause I have 2 copies of acnl and I used one for my town of New Bark which I never reset but then on my second copy I would cycle for villagers and constantly reset.

I have 3 copies of the game, so 3 towns. I have never restarted them unless you want to count me deleting the previous owner's save file on the third one.

Like a million since I kept resetting it randomly to try and see if I could keep my interest in the game. (Spoiler alert: nyo I couldn't.)

I've only had the one town since I first started the game! I've never felt the need to restart my town, and even though my town's kind of a mess, I still wouldn't want to get rid of the memories associated with it.

I don’t even know. At least 4, I reset so many times when I first got it

I’ve invested proper chunks of time into I think around 5 towns, but having recently dusted off the cobwebs from my 3DS it seems my latest efforts to build a town didn’t get very far (still tent 😅). Thankfully I learnt my lesson and stuck with the first and only town in NH 😊

When it comes to my first copy, I restarted about 13 times. But if you're talking solely on different copies of New Leaf, then in that case 5.

• One with my main town Leafton
  • The other with Floralia
  • The third with Jadeberg
  • The fourth with Cycleton (Which I used solely for my villager cycling thread I used to own, which is now fossilized deep in the forums.
  • And finally, the fifth with Vinewave, which was a digital copy on a different 3DS I own. That 3DS has a broken hinge so that digital copy of New Leaf is no longer being in use.
So in total, the amount of towns I had were 18, but if you only count copies, then 5.
(Still voting for 10+ because yes...)

I've had only one copy of NL, so I just have my town Goldbay that I've had since 2014. I'm not interested in getting another copy of NL or resetting my town since I worked hard to obtain many PWPs in my original copy. Also, plot resetting is such a hassle, and I've already obtained most of my dreamies already in my first town.

Throughout the entire time I played ACNL, I had these four towns:
  1. Westport
  2. Belcroft
  3. StarFall
  4. MoonGlow
Each town I made was better than the previous. And just to be clear, the last one was made in response to the Welcome amiibo update.

I have only have had my starter town, PARADISE. There may have been one time I thought of resetting, but I’m glad that I haven’t!

I've only ever had one town. Theres definitely some things I don't love about it but I've still managed to make a pretty nice town out of it so I haven't reset.

over the years i want to say 7? in total. most of them fizzled out shortly, but i stuck with 4 for the long term. takoyaki especially i played so much on (totaling over 2k hours!!!) there's just something so magical about a fresh start, even if it doesn't go very far.

I've had two towns! My original and then I restarted to get a better map. Now I currently am in that second town.

i think possibly three?? i named my starting town Oxford, followed by aldston and then pinemead. there might have been a fourth reset aswell which i abandoned unless that was pinemead. i got no clue

I've only had one :> I didnt actually get New leaf right when it came out, it took me a while and a bit of convincing. I had played animal crossing games before but not for very long, then when I finally got it I played for a few months straight then gave up. I finally went back years later with a goal to finish my town and I'm glad I stuck to it. When I opened it back up this year I actually had remembered myself finishing less stuff than I had! As far as I know I only need to now place one more PWP and move in a final villager.

All this to say, I didnt really have the time to play more than one town, as much as I wanted to have another, I was very tempted multiple times. I think one day maybe If I can get another copy id try starting over again, but I refuse to delete the one town I have lol.

I had 3. Only have 2 now.

• My original town Starbell and by far the one I played the most. I still consider it my main NL town
• Then a couple years later I started Moondust on my extra 3DS. It’s a Sailor Moon inspired town. I also did some things differently with it that I wish I had done with Starbell.
• I also had Moonlite a second Sailor Moon inspired town but I much preferred to stick to two towns and when I went to sell my physical copy of the game I reset this town in order to move my main town over to a digital copy.

I’ve only ever had one, but ever since this event started I’ve thought about restarting it because I hate my town name. not even sure why I named it that or what it even means honestly lol, but I just never had it in me to delete and start over. seems like it would be a lot of work to do all that and I probably won’t even play it much after this event is over anyways so there’s really no point I guess.

Back