• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Galactic Gyroids (Crews 3 & 4)

Nefarious

♦ Feathered Fiend ♦
Staff
Project Staff
Bells
Rotating Fool's Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Raven Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
Angel Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
Raven Wings Potion
1690249512897.png

Following the siren, you make your way to The Bridge. Your quarter leaders are engaged in heated discussion about the incoming asteroid. '503:45:21' flashes at you from various monitors. In order to find the spaceship parts it has been decided that you, the campers, are going to have to travel to the surface of the nearest planet to see if you can find anything that can be used to help us construct an escape pod to get home. However, The Lopez's original reconnaissance mission hasn't been entirely recalled by this disaster. If you come across any alien specimens on your travels, it is vital that you bring them back and establish them in a habitat in which they can thrive. Three cubic metres ought to do it.

How to Participate 👾

Design a 3x3 layout in the game Animal Crossing: New Horizons based around an alien-themed gyroid (pictured below) of your choosing!

Aluminoid, Bloopoid, Dootoid, Laseroid, Petaloid, Sproingoid, Stelloid, Thwopoid, Whirroid, Whistloid

Post two screenshots, one of your design and one including a 3x3 rug or outdoor paving as proof.

Be sure to post your screenshots by Tuesday 1st August 2023 @ 6:59PM EDT.

Examples:
HHInside_example.png

HHOutside_example.png

Rules

• All entries must be original, no copying from someone else or submitting something you found off the internet.
    • Designs previously made for TBT Fair 2022's Haniwa Homes event are not allowed to be resubmitted.
  • Designs must have at least one alien-themed gyroid clearly present.
  • A reasonable amount of effort should be put into your submission. Low effort entries or joke entries will not be accepted.
  • Do not edit your post after submitting.

How to Vote

The quarter favorites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the (y) Like or :love: Love or any unlocked reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time!

Favorites from each quarters will be decided only by votes from members of the same quarters.

Prizes

• Participation: 16 Bridge Tokens and 15 Points.
  • Community Voting Winners: 8 Mission Tokens and a Rainbow Crescent Moon collectible.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can the HHP DLC or Harvey's Island be used?
You're allowed to use either your own island, Harvey's Island or HHP houses.

Q. Do we have to use the exact colors of the gyroids shown here?
No, you can use any color variation of any of the specific gyroids shown above.

Q. Is there any other way I can show proof in my second screenshot if I don't have access to a 3x3 rug or the Island Designer app?
Placing down custom designs or digging holes works as well, as long as it's distinguishable that your design is 3x3.

Last edited:
I have a question. Are we allowed to use more than one gyroid if our submission still fits the mentioned criteria?

Quick question: I just restarted my town and don't have any 3x3 rugs, and I haven't unlocked building/paving yet. Is there any chance I could use a custom design to show the bounds of my entry?

I have a question. Are we allowed to use more than one gyroid if our submission still fits the mentioned criteria?
Yes, you can use more than one gyroid!

Quick question: I just restarted my town and don't have any 3x3 rugs, and I haven't unlocked building/paving yet. Is there any chance I could use a custom design to show the bounds of my entry?
Yes, that's an alternative to the 3x3 rug I'll accept!

2023072521100301-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

You confront the Final Starman! 👽☠️ If you ever played Earthbound/Mother 2, you will remember true pain and terror looking at this scene. Ness and his friends tried to get away......but couldn't! The Final Starman tried PK Starstorm Ω! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ SMAAAAAASH!! You all take critical damage! The psychedelic background makes you lose focus on your attacks! Things aren't looking too good for our heroes, but you must stay strong and press forward! Giygas must be stopped!!

2023072521064800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

“Okay, flipped this switch here, pushed that button there, got my 80s Devo hat on, in my favorite color…got my totally rad HMD goggles, my boy Gyroid is overseeing the server - making sure all stays as it should, got my posters of the scientists before me who have tried and failed…satellite in position, space-time capsule ready. It’s time - to launch to space 35 years ago.”

IMG_1836.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

How to Vote

The crew favourites are entirely community-decided. To vote, simply leave a reaction on the post of any entry. You can use either the (y) Like or :love: Love or any unlocked reaction, they will be added together. Entries that are approved will be marked by the staff with the accepted reaction, but don't wait for this to appear. Feel free to Like/Love any entries at any time
Quick question: Do the votes only count for the favorite prize if they're people from your crew?

While exploring, I discovered most specimens were not only amicable, but welcoming. In fact, much to the delight of my own crew- the International Space Cetacean- I discovered an alien crew who had recently pillaged some stellar spoils from our competition, the Moon Bunnies. They were kind enough to invite me to a meeting of theirs, and I even got to see a space whale from the pit, though their guard was still kind of creepy.

1EBD6E8C-97C9-44F4-86DA-D842B1A5DDD4.jpeg

Shoutout to jadetine for helping me catalog the wall :)
Proof:
BD45C4A5-D7EE-4B82-B542-629DF5BF9FAE.jpeg

E99465B2-3272-4430-AC9E-B39218BFE6DC.jpeg

Back