Does Anyone Else Have Generally Annoying Or Weird Food Allergies? Share Here!

Bubbsart

Freya, She/They/He
Bells
Switch
0856-6246-8984
Red Cosmos
Exactly as the thread says.

To answer the question, I am lactose intolerant and suspect I may be gluten intolerant.

oh boy
i have A LOT of allergies. i've been to the allergist and have been formally tested and I used to get allergy shots, but those were mostly for my allergy to dogs and grasses. not so much for the food.

I'm allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy, wheat, tomatoes, apples, pork, seafood, fish, coconuts, strawberries, pears, pineapples, grapes, and probably a few more small things I can't remember. i'd have to pull out the actual testing sheets for the full list. i do have eczema that can get to be pretty severe, so many of these allergies won't make my throat close up or anything like that they just exacerbate the symptoms of my eczema which sucks a lot.

the most annoying thing about my allergies isn't the allergy itself tbh, it's trying to explain to people once they find out about my allergies that I can manage myself and that i don't need other people to tell me what I can and can't eat. also a lot of people think i'm lactose intolerant, when i'm not. i'm allergic to milk, there's a difference!

I have mild to moderate lactose intolerance. Unfortunately, my favorite food is cheese so I just deal with it and eat cheese anyway. Over the years, I've learned my limits, though, so if I keep my portions under those limits it doesn't wreck my stomach. Luckily, I can tolerate cheese much better than other forms of dairy. Drinking a single glass of milk will double me over in severe pain.

I also have an egg allergy, but thankfully it's also rather mild so if I limit my egg intake and don't pair eggs with cheese, I can still eat them occasionally. RIP omelets. 😫

My stomach is very fussy. I get the runs randomly. Beef usually destroys me but sometimes when I have a hamburger, I'm fine. Like what??? Usually too much dairy kills me but again, I can eat a huge bowl of ice cream and be fine but have a glass of milk and die.

It makes eating with friends, a partner or in public a freaking anxiety inducing nightmare. I suspect I have IBS and should probably see a doctor about that.

I think I used to be allergic to bananas when I was young because every time I ate them, my tongue and throat would itch. Also I can't drink milk or any dairy product too quickly or my stomach will growl a lot. >0>

I don't have any allergies, but dairy, alliums (onions, garlic, etc.), and eggs mess with my stomach. It's not bad enough that I can't eat them at all, but I have to be careful. Especially with onions and garlic because those are in everything.

Oh, I also can't have artificial cinnamon flavor because it causes sores in my mouth. I had a bad time when I forgot about that and got cinnamon toothpaste.

I'm mildly allergic to apples, watermelons, peaches, plums, and pears. They make my throat really itchy, make bumps on my lips, and cause pain to my gums, but I still eat them because I like the taste of them.

I’m allergic to fake jewelry-even hypoallergenic ones so at the very least, I’m allergic to nickel. My mom is allergic to every metal except titanium. It just causes contact dermatitis from prolonged periods of contact like with jewelry/glasses. I’m also allergic to skin care products that contain peptides. Both are mild allergies for now but allergies can change.

Not food but really annoying because of where I live, but mosquito bites .-. no joke, if they bite me, the area will eventually look like bruise (even without me scratching).

I'm also allergic to Mojarra/Tilapia, but it's easy to avoid since the only fish I really like is Salmon, I'm also allergic to pine oil... running around under pine trees as a kid really cause some intense itching on the back of my neck. Over the years, lactose hasn't agreed with my stomach all that well, that's the reason I switched to milk alternatives but if I have dairy in small moderate quantities, I'll be fine.

I'm allergic to a lot of medications and it makes getting sick a whole ordeal with me. if it's anything less straightforward than a cold I'm always worried that the meds are gonna exasperate the issue.

I am lactose intolerant. Cheese just destroys me

so am I. Without getting into any details... it ain’t fun. I also have a friend who’s allergic to dairy as well.
Post automatically merged:

oh boy
i have A LOT of allergies. i've been to the allergist and have been formally tested and I used to get allergy shots, but those were mostly for my allergy to dogs and grasses. not so much for the food.

I'm allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, milk, soy, wheat, tomatoes, apples, pork, seafood, fish, coconuts, strawberries, pears, pineapples, grapes, and probably a few more small things I can't remember. i'd have to pull out the actual testing sheets for the full list. i do have eczema that can get to be pretty severe, so many of these allergies won't make my throat close up or anything like that they just exacerbate the symptoms of my eczema which sucks a lot.

the most annoying thing about my allergies isn't the allergy itself tbh, it's trying to explain to people once they find out about my allergies that I can manage myself and that i don't need other people to tell me what I can and can't eat. also a lot of people think i'm lactose intolerant, when i'm not. i'm allergic to milk, there's a difference!

yeah people do the same thing when I say I am allergic to pecans (a tree nut). It’s PECANS not PEANUTS.

So it’s not food related but my husband is allergic to ladybugs.
When we first started dating I thought he was lying
(okay looking back I know this was awful but I mean come on! Ladybugs?!) anyways I saw one land on his arm and didn’t say anything because I didn’t think anything could happen and I didn’t want to freak him out.
5 minutes later his arm is all swollen and I felt to bad. We laugh about it now lol.
So now it’s his job to take spiders outside of the house and my job to remove any ladybugs.

my parents never had me tested for allergies so it's like every once and a while, i find a new food that i can never enjoy.

i'm pretty sure that i'm lactose sensitive, but i'm definitely allergic to most fruit: apples, pineapples, cherries, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, and pears (there's probably more, but i haven't figured it out yet). but my problem is that i love cherries, strawberries, peaches and pears so every time i eat them, i get swollen lips and an itchy tongue. it's still worth it every time though.

I can’t have Sucralose, a fake sugar, because it gives me crippling stomach and lower abdominal cramps. It took me way too long to figure this out.

Two years ago during my freshman year of high school I used to buy this certain carbonated drink at lunch. Sometimes I would have random bloating and I just blamed it on my irregular cycle. This year I drank a caffeinated beverage from the same brand (which I had bought many times with food and often had mild cramps after consuming which I somehow didn’t connect) on an EMPTY STOMACH and the cramps were unbearable. I couldn’t move. It felt like someone had wrapped my stomach in splintery twine and pulled it tight.

I had never reacted badly to caffeine so I figured that something else was wrong. I decided to Google it, ya know, like an American without free healthcare would, and apparently Sucralose causes abdominal upset in quite a few people. That drink I bought all the time freshman year? It was LOADED with that stuff. So was the caffeinated one.

I stopped buying those drinks and immediately felt so much better in the digestive department. It’s probably for the best since it narrows down the junk I can eat/drink. Most energy drinks have to be avoided. Never again. Not worth it at all. 0/10

Last edited:
nuts and the more annoying peanut ones. i mean i can eat traces of it since they have to print it on everything so i'm not the worst kind but it's still annoying you have to check and ask stuff all the time you try something... ugh..

My stomach is very fussy. I get the runs randomly. Beef usually destroys me but sometimes when I have a hamburger, I'm fine. Like what??? Usually too much dairy kills me but again, I can eat a huge bowl of ice cream and be fine but have a glass of milk and die.

It makes eating with friends, a partner or in public a freaking anxiety inducing nightmare. I suspect I have IBS and should probably see a doctor about that.

I can’t speak for the hamburger thing but I’ve seen the milk thing before! Granted it’s with my kids at work but still. I’ve had a few kids in the past who can’t drink milk because it makes them sick but they can have cheese, yogurt, etc just fine! I think milk is too concentrated or something changes when it’s cheese etc.

Hopefully a doctor can be more helpful though!

As for me I’m allergic to bread. Just bread, lol. When I eat it it makes my tummy super upset and it’s no fun at all. But I can eat pasta and other baked goods like muffins and cookies just fine? And banana bread is okay! I’m not really sure what it is about bread that makes my tummy so unhappy. Granted I haven’t tried eating it since eighth grade so it might’ve changed by now.

I thought of a strange one that's not really an allergy. I can't drink Coca-Cola or it gives me terrible backaches. I can drink other carbonated sodas just fine, but not Coke. It's not my kidneys; my mom asked me that one time but that would be pain in my lower back. It's more around the middle to upper part of my back and it tingles and feels very sore for a couple of hours and then goes away. I haven't had a Coke in such a long time that I forgot about it.

Used to be mildly allergic to chocolate when I was younger (as in a little was fine, but not a lot). I’m not allergic to anything nowadays though.

Back