• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Share your hair type 💇🏻‍♀️

What’s your hair type?

• Total voters
I think I'm somewhere between 1B and 2A. My hair is pretty straight but dries more wavy when air dried.

looks like i'm a 1a. i've never seen straight hair describe in this way before. i thought those typings were reserved for people with curly hair tbh. this chart is pretty cool!

my hair is a combination of 1a/b/c. it's wavy like 1b when I wake up, but as the day passes it's like 1a. my hair is already thick, but I find thicker strands like 1c here and there.

Whichever is the straightest one.. I've never gone to a hairdresser and had them not exclaim over how straight my hair is. I've always wished I had naturally wavy hair. </3

Not sure what it would be on the chart, but I know my hair is thick and grows super fast. It's also dark brown and one side of it is shorter than the other. I have what one would call a "double-crown" for my hair as well.

My hair is pretty consistently the 3A type. Large curls that aren’t tightly wound but mostly spiral. It definitely differs a bit depending on whether I’ve washed it that day or not, but generally it stays as thick defined curls. I dislike having my hair up and products make it feel gross, so I basically just let it do what it wants.

I'm either 2A or 2B. Funny, I've always wanted my hair straighter, but many people are jealous of my natural wavy hair.

(they shouldn't be. My hair is very thin!)

I have 3A. You wouldn’t know because I cut it short enough that it isn’t noticeable. It’s a little floofy if you remove my hat.

I have super straight, thick Asian hair. And a lot of it. I actually just cleaned my apartment because I'm having company over, and there was SO. MUCH. HAIR. I don't think I even got the majority of it...

I always envy people with wavy and curly hair, but there are times that I like my straight hair, especially since it tends to fall in place and is not a huge obstacle during my day. I've always wanted to dip-dye my hair purple, but it feels like it would be hard to get a good color because my hair is so dark. 😭

Probably about 2B/2C? My hair has always been curly but they’re large looser curls. My hair is quite thick though.
I know when I was little my hair was more like 3a/3b and golden, but it changed as I got older hahah.

My hair is chaotic. Normally it looks like mostly 2b with some 2a but the second the humidity rises large portions of it turn into something like 3a.

WOAH that’s so interesting! Something similar happened to me, just reversed. When I was 5, 6 years old my hair was pin straight! Maybe the occasional wave but not wavy or curly. Some time in puberty it poofed up and I was walking around with Hagrid style frizz (because I styled my hair as you would style straight hair) and one random day when I let my hair air dry I realised it’s super curly.
Omg wow! We're like opposite twins 👬

Back