• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer hot, warm, or cool showers?

Do you prefer hot, warm, or cold showers?

• Hot (70°F to 60°F) (21°C to 15°C) 🔥 🥵

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • Warm (60°F to 50°F) (15°C to 10°C)

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Cool (50°F to 35°F) (10°C to 2°C)

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Cold (Anything lower) 🧊🥶

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I prefer my water to be hot. I can’t stand having water drip off me and it’s freezing cold, lol. I had issues getting out of the bath as a child for this reason. I went straight from sitting in a hot bath to standing and having water drop off me leaving me freezing. I couldn’t do it.

I added temperatures to the poll. I use Fahrenheit and used Google to translate the numbers into Celsius. We’re not doing decimals here so I just rounded to the nearest whole number. Should still be accurate enough.

I take hot showers, obviously. Anyone else the same?

I like my showers nice and hot, it kills all the germs and it’s so relaxing and steamy 😌😌😌🔥🔥🔥

I used to prefer my showers to be something on the lukewarm side of things, but I feel I've grown more sensitive to cold in recent years, so now whenever I get in the shower, I set it to "Scald Your Skin Off and Die."

Warm/hot most of the time. The longer I shower I keep turning the cold water lower so it stays hot longer.

But in Texas during the summer I do have cold showers.

Season-dependent. Summers typically call for cool or cold showers, but I like both warm and hot showers during the cooler months (or damp/cool days in general).

If I had to choose one...the standard would be warm.

Always hot showers for me, as hot as I can make it. Even lukewarm water in the summer will leave me shivering. I just can't do it.

Since we remodeled our bathroom, we now have a digital temperature gauge in the shower so I've been able to see exactly how hot the water is. Your poll doesn't even go up to the levels I shower at. I start at peak heat, which is 50°C/122°F. I stay in the shower for a long time, but I have to get out before the temperature goes below 40°C/104°F or I'll feel like I'm freezing.

I basically shower in a sauna and I wouldn't change a thing. 😌

Same as LadyDestani, I prefer hot showers. I'm actually fine with either, but just prefer hot showers.

I don't know the temp of my showers but they are very hot.
In the summer though, if I'm not feeling cold, I do like warm showers but switch to cool before it ends. It just feels refreshing.

i’m not sure of the exact temperature of my water, but i prefer cool showers. i’m extremely sensitive to warmth and heat, so any temperature higher than mildly warm makes me feel uncomfortable and like i might pass out 😶‍🌫️ i don’t enjoy cold showers much either, so cool showers are a good middle ground for me.

i take warmer showers on cold days and during the winter, though; i’m not a big fan of it, and i have to be careful that the water doesn’t get too warm (i can still overheat in the winter 🤠), but i don’t wanna freeze in the shower and then freeze some more once i get out lol

i wouldn't consider 70f to be hot for a shower personally, my showers could probably be like 100 degrees for all i know. chronically cold due to various illness so we stay TOASTY. i refuse to shower if the water isnt hot. im picky.

I used to like scalding hot showers but switched to warm becuase its better for the skin. I can never have cold showers though. It must be reasonably warm for me to take them.

I used to enjoy warm showers frequently but I've recently changed to cool/cold. Apparently colder showers are good for inflammation so I force myself lol

If my backside isn’t pinkish-red when I get out, it wasn’t hot enough. I like mine pretty hot. In the summer, I’ll start it out a little cooler then turn it up when I get too cold. I always call mine skin-melting-hot.

I like my shower water to be pretty hot. Maybe lukewarm at the absolute coldest, and only during the summer. General rule of thumb: if it’s not at least partially steamy it’s too cold. It’s the one thing I prefer hot to cold on lol.

I don’t know what temperature I like, but no matter how hot it is outside, I always prefer hot showers.

Warm for sure! I shower before bed to relax, so the warmth is definitely my favorite.

Hot for most of it, then warm to luke-warm. I like letting the hot water hit just my legs for a while. Its wasteful but so relaxing

If Im not burning alive then whats the point? 30c + pls

Hot, except when it's summer or after a workout then I prefer it to be lukewarm/cool.

I don't have central heating/A/C and buildings in Japan are infamous for their lack of insulation so the temp in my room varies a lot by the season.

Back