• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cold vs Hot showers

Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Reginald Fairfield

Bells
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
I keep seeing this topic pop up everywhere. I prefer hot showers, but by the time I get to it the apartment neighbors use up the hot water, so it's luke warm at best. It could be regional, depending on the weather.

This is one of those topics people seem to be fanatical about, like air fryers. My dad says there are health benefits but doesn't mention many.

I like hot showers! Although, if you were to pit "Boiling hot" vs "Extremely cold" I'll take cold.
I went somewhere, got very sweaty and unfortunately the place I was staying at only had boiling hot water and it was extremely painful. I had to be very careful not to burn myself and I was trying to wash my hair - which felt like I was actually cooking the ends of my hair in a boiling pot of water lol
I ended up trying to finish my shower in the sink

Definitely hot/warm.

It would be nice if I enjoyed cold showers since that would save a ton of money (the water is heated up by a gas heater and gas has become very expensive) but no way.

Well, if the weather is really hot, then it can be lukewarm and I finish off cold so I don't start sweating immediately after the shower.

I like hot showers! Although, if you were to pit "Boiling hot" vs "Extremely cold" I'll take cold.
I went somewhere, got very sweaty and unfortunately the place I was staying at only had boiling hot water and it was extremely painful. I had to be very careful not to burn myself and I was trying to wash my hair - which felt like I was actually cooking the ends of my hair in a boiling pot of water lol
I ended up trying to finish my shower in the sink
It's wasn't possible to regulate the temperature? I've never heard of such a shower.

Definitely hot/warm.

It would be nice if I enjoyed cold showers since that would save a ton of money (the water is heated up by a gas heater and gas has become very expensive) but no way.

Well, if the weather is really hot, then it can be lukewarm and I finish off cold so I don't start sweating immediately after the shower.

It's wasn't possible to regulate the temperature? I've never heard of such a shower.
Turning the knob did nothing. I was in a different country at an A/rbnb and had to message the owner. There was a button I had to press to unlock it. I thought the button was unpressable , but color me surprised! It was pressable

🔥 Hot! I put the shower temp all the way hot. I don't ever get burned, we keep it just under that, but I like it as hot as I can stand it.

My husband is a lukewarm shower guy. He tried to convince me that cold showers had some health benefits. Ha. I tried it. Whatever those benefits are, I'll have to miss out.

I've had to suffer deal with cold showers in the past. Big family with tiny water heater. Basic training. Etc. But now - I like my 🔥 showers.

The only time i think i can stand cold water is when i want to swim and it really isn't warm enough yet. So I'll have an arctic swim (a very short swim), but then warm up in the hot shower. 😄

Hot is too much for me and I would probably die in the cold shower, so for me the perfect water temperature is slightly warmer than lukewarm, I would just call it warm?

honestly it depends on the temperature, if its a super hot day im not taking a hot shower, cold showers are nice at that time. i usually like to take hot showers tho especially when it's cold. sometimes ill do lukewarm if im already a little warm before getting in

hot showers, as hot as I can get it without burning my skin off. maybe lukewarm if its cold weather out. Cold showers are the worst, I couldn’t do it.

Back