• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cold vs Hot showers

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
Depends on the weather: During the summertime when it's hot as hell, I shower with cold water. When it's winter, it has to be hot water (unless I want to freeze my rear off). On days where the weather is actually reasonable, I'm content with the water simply being lukewarm.

Definitely hot, cold showers are honestly kinda painful. Plus, I shiver anytime I get out of cold freezing showers. Not to mention sick at times.

It depends on the weather for me as well, but generally I prefer lukewarm showers! I’m very sensitive to temperatures, especially warm/hot temps, so having hot or even too warm showers is uncomfortable for me unless I was freezing beforehand, which I almost never am. Cold temps are my favourite, especially weather-wise, but super cold showers are uncomfortable for me as well. Half of my shower time is me tinkering with the shower so that the water isn’t too hot or cold; getting the right temperature is always a pain for me LOL

My preferred temp is lukewarm that’s teetering on the edge of being cold, but isn’t actually cold. Like, mostly lukewarm, but with a few splashes of coldness in it. Like a cool breeze on a sunny autumn day.

definitely on the warmer to even hot side. i cannot stand being cold so cold showers are something i cannot handle. even when i was on vacation in the summer in asia, i still refused to take a cold shower lol. i still ended up using hot water. i can't imagine what's it like to take cold showers regularly...

I like my showers to be a bit hot yet comfortable and not to the point that I could burn myself. It helps clear my nose and make sure it doesn’t get too dry.

The only time I take a cold shower is if it’s an extremely hot summer day and I need to cool off quickly. It usually is a very quick shower if it has come to that.

I prefer hot showers over cold ones, though at the same time I don't want a shower that's too hot. It needs to be the right temperature for me to really enjoy it.

I think the Wimm Hoff method works for real but I’m too lazy and I think there are better ways to restore your energy. I prefer lukewarm showers, but I’d rather a cold to a searing shower.

Now baths on the other hand, searing or nothing, a lukewarm bath isn’t worth the effort. I unironically love stepping out the batj and feeling like I was just boiled, I get tipsy and sleepy and it’s so indulgent.

Sometimes depends on the weather but generally warm to hot showers (though not boiling) as I find them more relaxing, especially in the winter or if I’m having a quick shower before bed. In summer I’ll sometimes have a cold shower, as long as it isn’t completely freezing, if it’s been really hot and I’ve been out a lot but often that’s just a very speedy rinse and then I’ll have a warm shower at a different time of the day.

Hot. It’s even better during a cold day and feels sooooo good getting all warmed up. Kinda tough to stop the hot showers since I would get cold again a little while after.

hot showers for the wiiinnn, makes me feel so toasty and warm 🫂
although in the summer i'll tone it down to lukewarm if, and that's a big if, there's a heatwave or it gets pretty hot here

I like to shower with the water on the hottest setting. It just makes me feel so relaxed. I'll briefly lower the temperature to lukewarm when washing my face, but other than that it's hot hot hot! I'll rarely take a cold shower after a bad sunburn, but I try to use sunscreen to avoid that in the first place.

I take hot showers, though I don't really like it to be scalding or anything. It just has to be somewhere on the warm end of the spectrum. I stick to this even in the Summer months since apparently it actually helps to cool you off in the Summer heat more effectively than a cold shower does.

I haven't really tried taking a cold shower before and, while there appear to be some benefits, I don't really want to either because it seems like it would be unpleasant.

Back